Firehouse Subs

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
We were in AZ for Christmas and stopped into one in Gilbert, I think. Pretty good grub!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're ok. Still prefer Jimmy Johns.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Firehouse ok; Nick loves 'em. I don't know if I'll go back to JJ; they will NOT serve their subs with pickle on them. The best you can get out of them is to buy a whole one, and they will quarter it (spears) for you, but will not put it on the sub itself. I won't eat a cold sub without pickle, and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay extra for PICKLE on an already over-priced sub.

/end rant.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried the meatball, thinking since they advertise it a lot it must be one of their signatures, but I came away underwhelmed. Especially considering the price. Maybe I just need to find something else on the menu, but otherwise I'll stick with Jersey Mike's. Everything's great there.

PS Jimmy Johns is horrific.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried the meatball, thinking since they advertise it a lot it must be one of their signatures, but I came away underwhelmed. Especially considering the price. Maybe I just need to find something else on the menu, but otherwise I'll stick with Jersey Mike's. Everything's great there.

Agreed - Jersey Mikes >>>> Firehouse >>>>> Subway >>>>> Port of Subs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jimmy Johns > Gas Station sandwich

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Firehouse ok; Nick loves 'em. I don't know if I'll go back to JJ; they will NOT serve their subs with pickle on them. The best you can get out of them is to buy a whole one, and they will quarter it (spears) for you, but will not put it on the sub itself. I won't eat a cold sub without pickle, and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay extra for PICKLE on an already over-priced sub.

/end rant.
5 bucks for a sub is overpriced? I always thought it was a good price. I dont eat pickles so I dont have the pickle problem!

I havent had firehouse yet but its on my list. I was going to have the meatball as well - it has to be better than a subway meatball, that thing isnt very good at all.

I havent had jersey mikes just yet but do like jimmy johns for a quick meal.

A great sandwich I had lately: Potbelly Sandwich shop.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 bucks for a sub is overpriced? I always thought it was a good price. I dont eat pickles so I dont have the pickle problem!
Ham, cheese, lettuce, tomato, mayo? Yeah, that's overpriced to me. There isn't much meat on it, you can't add to it, nothing. If you want more than one kind of meat, it's $6, but still the same basic toppings...the "Gargantuan" is $7.95, and although they describe it as "Monstrous"; it's not very big. The quality of the ingredients is VERY good (imo); I was just underwhelmed by them.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed - Jersey Mikes >>>> Firehouse >>>>> Subway >>>>> Port of Subs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jimmy Johns > Gas Station sandwich

I knew you had good taste!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard