Fina

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
No, he's still an unrestricted FA. They'll probably sign him again after the first game (along with Rob Fredrickson).

Why is that by the way??? Why do they have to wait until after the first game to sign the veteran minimum-wage guys?? Is it cap speculation? Something to do with roster spots? What?

az643dp

"The Tugboat"
Reaction score
Originally posted by BACH
No, he's still an unrestricted FA. They'll probably sign him again after the first game (along with Rob Fredrickson).

Why is that by the way??? Why do they have to wait until after the first game to sign the veteran minimum-wage guys?? Is it cap speculation? Something to do with roster spots? What?

If they sign them after the first game, they are not on the hook for their entire salary should they want to cut them.

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
Correct.

A veteran that is on the opening day roster gets his entire years salary no matter what happens. If the vet gets injured, he gets placed on IR. If they cut him, they still have to pay his year's salary.

So, teams sign marginal vets after the first game so they can pay only for the weeks he is on the roster. This allows teams to cut and then later resign these types of players at will.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
If they got Fina AND ROB I would be impressed.... Not so much with Fina, although I like him, but I think ROB is still a descent player...

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by BEERZ
If they got Fina AND ROB I would be impressed.... Not so much with Fina, although I like him, but I think ROB is still a descent player...

I'm sure "Freddy" would fit in as a back-up quite well.

Jim O

Reaction score
Originally posted by AntSports Steve
Correct.

A veteran that is on the opening day roster gets his entire years salary no matter what happens. If the vet gets injured, he gets placed on IR. If they cut him, they still have to pay his year's salary.

If he breaks his hand while reaching for the telephone, he gets NOTHING!

:eek:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard