Film study

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rapoport called Murray’s agent to make sure this was a real thing, and it indeed was, which brought on him sharing it Monday afternoon.

He also indicated a desire that Arizona Sports’ John Gambadoro reported on Monday from owner Michael Bidwill for the clause to be in the contract.

Rapoport noted that Murray already does this on his own. (Studying independently)

Others have noted, like former Cardinals team reporter Kyle Odegard and Arizona Sports’ John Gambadoro, that this was something owner Michael Bidwill insisted on including.

There has been a narrative that Murray perhaps doesn’t study enough. He himself told the New York Times he doesn’t spend all day studying film. There is no evidence that his coaches were unhappy with his study habits.

Bidwill and the team have never committed this much money to a single player in franchise history.

Rapoport indicated that for the team to go where it did financially, Bidwill wanted this clause in the deal, putting the terms in writing.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny you'll accept speculation, and then ask for links.

I mean there is a ton of video about Rapport talking about the whole thing out there too. He was the one who found the clause looking for baseball clauses. He is the one who followed up with Kyler's agent and the team. He is the one reporting that Murray already does this studying and Michael just wanted assurances due to the high dollar amount.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nope, not ignoring. I'm just stating that I think it was a gross overreaction by an incompetent owner.

According to information that came out after the extreme overreaction on this board, the clause had nothing to do with Kyler's comments. Bidwill would put this clause in any contract of that size.
Eh, I think bidwill would have tried to put some kind of claw back clause in any contract of that size, but I doubt it would have been about self-study. It would have been something germane to that particular player. To ignore the connection between the comment and the clause’s language is silly imo.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Heel just found out my employers disrespected me my entire life, requiring continuing education credits, self appraisal, most of it mandated by the state. I could have been a contender! Hehe

Combat Engineer sapper training in the army is like a firehose of information shoved down your throat. Started at $500 a month, the risk was not money, it was dishonor. Different deal different times.

I chose that

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Watching more film than high school players and coaches . . . okay. When we were in high school we watched a single film of the opposing team once. And we were done. Some weeks no film.

I don’t think people understand that when you bring a pro’s experience in high school it just makes the argument or statement look dumb. At least to me.