Fiesta Bowl

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Simply Amazing.
I can't remember when I've enjoyed watching a game more.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two top ten teams battling until the end. That was amazing!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All this game lacks is a marriage proposal...

err..wait a minute... :D

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To top it off Johnson proposes to the lead cheerleader and she says yes! Unbelievable!

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder how long before Boise State will be looking for a new head coach? Maybe the Cardinals should give him a look.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
You gotta hand it to Boise. They didn't have the playmakers, athletes, or talent to match up with Oklahoma so they just used gimmicks to beat the Sooners. I don't know why more coaches in the college game use trickery to overcome talent differential.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is it me or did that Fiesta Bowl lady(Ziegler) have a face lift? Her face looks like Joan Rivers.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You gotta hand it to Boise. They didn't have the playmakers, athletes, or talent to match up with Oklahoma so they just used gimmicks to beat the Sooners. I don't know why more coaches in the college game use trickery to overcome talent differential.

Were you sleeping?

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score

The trickery was just the icing on the cake. Boise St. put them themselves in position with great smashmouth football on both sides of the ball.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
That was an amazing game.... great hand-off at the end there, really didn't see it coming. Good for Boise State, they deserved it.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Yeah, Bob Stoops was completely outcoached and lost to a team a program like Oklahoma has no business losing to on a nuetral field. One he did not have his guys ready to play in the first half where they sleepwalked their way to a double digit deficit and then his guys completely lacked discipline on defense allowing the kind of stuff that we saw on the last play.

Last edited:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Def. one of the top 5 football games I have ever seen.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What an amazing beginning for the "new" Fiesta Bowl, just days after the "new" Insight Bowl hosted the largest comeback in college bowl history.

I think the two bowls will be just fine in their new homes. :D

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score

it seemed like boise only used 3 trick plays all game.

the hook and ladder on 4th and 18 (with 10 seconds left)
the halfback pass on 4th and 2 (in OT)
the fake behind the back handoff on the 2pt conversion (in OT)

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Boise State completely shutting down OU's running game (until OT) was really impressive

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it seemed like boise only used 3 trick plays all game.

the hook and ladder on 4th and 18 (with 10 seconds left)
the halfback pass on 4th and 2 (in OT)
the fake behind the back handoff on the 2pt conversion (in OT)

Those were the successful ones, but there were at least a couple of others that didn't develop as planned. Boise was in the game playing straight up with OU, and used some great plays in the end to guarantee the victory.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Those were the successful ones, but there were at least a couple of others that didn't develop as planned. Boise was in the game playing straight up with OU, and used some great plays in the end to guarantee the victory.

good point

i do remember there was a botched rb pitch, and supposed to go back to the QB to throw

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I usually agree with your takes Mao, but you are definitely off on this one. Boise controlled Petersen about as well as anybody, and showed they were just as physical as OU. No excuses for OU, they got beat by more than a couple of neat playcalls.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I can't believe I fell asleep in the 2nd QTR and missed everything :(

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
My boys pulled it off!!!!!!!

I was going crazy when Z threw the pick at the end of regulation. Props for him by redeeming himself, and props to coach pete going 13-0 and getting to a BCS game and winning before any of the other coaches who jumped ship.

Major win for the program. This team showed a lot fo heart this year. Now people will understand what Bronco football is all about!