Fanless games suuuuuck

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I’ve seen with restaurants opening in az . . . no way what you just described happens.

Tough comparison. We're not prepaid season ticket holders at any restaurants. We pay as we go if/when we eat out in the Valley.

We are still talking 3.5 to 4 months out (for regular season games to begin) so I don't think anyone will know what it will look like then based on things happening right this minute.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The NFL is becoming a studio sport anyway. There is nothing like tailgating and being there in person but it’s so expensive these days.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
You guys have no idea what it feels like to have a running clock in the group stages of the Champions league. It's an unbelievably tense feeling.

Not even sudden death playoff hockey can get as intense as that.

Double OT, game 7 playoff hockey?

That is a bold claim sir, very bold.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
F that. As a diehard season ticket holder that has been to nearly every game since the team moved to AZ (minus two preseason games at SDS) - I want to be there in the stands for a home game. We'll wear masks, practice social distancing, etc. but we want to be in attendance.
On a serious note, I think that should be an option.

A guilty pleasure during this pandemic has been wrastlin'. The AEW brand has had wrestlers in the audience or were the audience for a while, but the last two shows they had fans, but very few since they had to practice social distancing.

Not all the fans can go but some can.

And from what I have seen, some is better than none.

Going to have to sign waivers, wear masks, and get harassed by stadium security the whole time about keeping a distance.

Not to mention keep the jackasses that will try to ruin it for everyone by not following the rules.

But point is, it has been done

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
If we end up with no fans but pumped in noise at home games, I hope they make it really loud when we have the ball on offense so the players truly feel at home. :)
Zing

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
From what I’ve seen with restaurants opening in az . . . no way what you just described happens.
Its already happened in some places.

Hardest thing will always be to keep over entitled jackasses from ruining it for the rest.

You must be registered for see images

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I know this reduces the home field advantage. However, I try to keep in mind millions of NFL fans who can't afford to go to games. Many of them are at risk, essential workers. For them this will provide a desperately needed break. I can live with the dead air though I’ll admit I like it better with the crowd. For my part I’d watch them play on the beach if it would give me something to root for.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Tough comparison. We're not prepaid season ticket holders at any restaurants. We pay as we go if/when we eat out in the Valley.

We are still talking 3.5 to 4 months out (for regular season games to begin) so I don't think anyone will know what it will look like then based on things happening right this minute.
What does this even mean? My point was there’s been zero social distancing in restaurants. People are packed in like sardines. And you expect people to be better behaved at football game?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does this even mean? My point was there’s been zero social distancing in restaurants. People are packed in like sardines. And you expect people to be better behaved at football game?

I can't speak for everyone else. I just know that my wife and I would attend games, wear masks, keep our distance, etc. Again, this is months from now when things may be better, the same, or worse. It's all just speculation.

If people are allowed back with specific rules in place, I would expect there to be consequences for those who refuse to behave properly - ejection, loss of season tickets, banned from attending future games, etc.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson