Fa Situtation??/?

azdeftone

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How do you guys think we look the FA right now? Considering we are right now in all sports news about be so inept we let stars walk away with no compensation and have no recognizable names on our roster. Would you as a big name FA honestly consider coming here unless you just wanted to play out your career for one last payday? Considering how far under the cap we are and over 100 transactions already made its sad we have not made even one aquisition. Way to run the ship Graves so far you have zero confidence from us fans! What the hell are you thinking and why don't you let the fans know?

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Can you answer one question?

What is the date today?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingofCards
Can you answer one question?

What is the date today?

In the sports world? The Date is: THE DAY THE BENGALS WERE NO LONGER VIEWED AS THE WORST FRANCHISE IN THE NFL!

OP
OP
A

azdeftone

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
what is the date today is that a joke?

Here I got a Joke for you.....

CARDINALS !!!

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
In the sports world? The Date is: THE DAY THE BENGALS WERE NO LONGER VIEWED AS THE WORST FRANCHISE IN THE NFL!

Pfft. Whoever thought the Cardinals were a better franchise than the Bengals were fooling themselves in the first place.

The Bengals have played in two Super Bowls.

The date is 03/06/2003, one week into free agency. Who has signed so far? Jake Plummer and David Boston. Two guys the Cardinals did not want anymore.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pfft. Whoever thought the Cardinals were a better franchise than the Bengals were fooling themselves in the first place.

The date is 03/06/2003, one week into free agency. Who has signed so far? Jake Plummer and David Boston. Two guys the Cardinals did not want anymore.

With Boston - THAT IS THE PROBLEM! By the way, since the 90's started it has been widely recognized that the Bengals were the biggest joke in the NFL - if you believe otherwise you are what our team is right now - a joke.

OP
OP
A

azdeftone

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
two guys my ass !!! did you not catch there have been over 100 transactions league wide already!!!

If this is Graves idea of being proactive this organization is SCREWED!!!!

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
With Boston - THAT IS THE PROBLEM! By the way, since the 90's started it has been widely recognized that the Bengals were the biggest joke in the NFL - if you believe otherwise you are what our team is right now - a joke.

Now you are calling me a joke, and unprovoked as well.

Can't you refrain from the name calling?

You are nothing but a troll. You post things to get a rise out of people.

Get over Boston man. He's gone. In reality he's been gone since game two last year.

Also regarding the Bengals you should start thinking for yourself, and stop worrying about how other people recognize things.

I'm betting you get tossed from this site soon.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How do you guys think we look the FA right now?
I love that question. Where you been for the past 2 weeks, dude?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now you are calling me a joke, and unprovoked as well.

Can't you refrain from the name calling?

You are nothing but a troll. You post things to get a rise out of people.

Get over Boston man. He's gone. In reality he's been gone since game two last year.

Also regarding the Bengals you should start thinking for yourself, and stop worrying about how other people recognize things.

I'm betting you get tossed from this site soon.

You are ridiculous - I post things because I am pissed as have others - I choose not see everything we do as the right move and I have hoistroy to back up me fears. As far as betting I get kicked off soon - How much?

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You are ridiculous - I post things because I am pissed as have others - I choose not see everything we do as the right move and I have hoistroy to back up me fears. As far as betting I get kicked off soon - How much?

Keep up the unprovoked attacks.

You are the biggest fool on this board. :D

I know the "hoistroy" as well. I certainly don't think everything they do is the right move.

I also don't fall in love with the players and can see when one has become an out of control cancer, and should be let go. Hey, maybe that's why you love Boston so much? :D

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep up the unprovoked attacks.

You are the biggest fool on this board. :D

I know the "hoistroy" as well. I certainly don't think everything they do is the right move.

I also don't fall in love with the players and can see when one has become an out of control cancer, and should be let go. Hey, maybe that's why you love Boston so much? :D

Unporvoked? You call me a troll and now a cancer? You know why our best playres become "cancers" - because they realize this team just doesn't do what it takes to win and they aren't happy about it. You call me a fool, a troll and and a cancer - that's nice. Way to catch that spelling mistake instead of repsonding to anything else I said. What's wrong - have no arguments against mine? Why not even tag him and then take it off if you can't get anything - what is the harm in that? Go ahead - don't respond to question and call me the scum of the earth and maintain the belief that you have nothing to do with the hostility there is between us.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Go ahead - don't respond to question and call me the scum of the earth and maintain the belief that you have nothing to do with the hostility there is between us.

What is this? Days of our Lives?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
What is this? Days of our Lives?

Sometimes with Cheesebeef starring as John Black and KOC starring as Stefano Demera. Now before anyone starts slamming me for knowing the characters on Days of Our Lives - realize that is has to be the funniest hour long sitcom masquerading as a soap opera ever - I mean come - Demonic possesion, people coming back from the Grave, memory erasal (not a word) and midgets? Those writers are fraking hilarious!

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Unporvoked? You call me a troll and now a cancer? You know why our best playres become "cancers" - because they realize this team just doesn't do what it takes to win and they aren't happy about it. You call me a fool, a troll and and a cancer - that's nice. Way to catch that spelling mistake instead of repsonding to anything else I said. What's wrong - have no arguments against mine? Why not even tag him and then take it off if you can't get anything - what is the harm in that? Go ahead - don't respond to question and call me the scum of the earth and maintain the belief that you have nothing to do with the hostility there is between us.

I have stated before that I will reserve judgement on the Boston decision for the future. You feel the need to constantly post the same angry rant about Boston over and over again. I do not. Boston became a cancer because he can't get along w/his teamates and felt it was more important to do 'roids, coke, drink, and drive erratically, than play football. He decided he was bigger than the team. Good riddance.

If we would have tagged him we would have ended up stuck with another cancer in the locker room that didn't want to be here. The tag has worked so well for us in the past. :rolleyes:

You initiated this hostility w/me by calling me a joke w/out provocation. By the way how many people have you had hostilities w/since your arrival? 10?

I responded in kind.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have stated before that I will reserve judgement on the Boston decision for the future. You feel the need to constantly post the same angry rant about Boston over and over again. I do not. Boston became a cancer because he can't get along w/his teamates and felt it was more important to do 'roids, coke, drink, and drive erratically, than play football. He decided he was bigger than the team. Good riddance.

If we would have tagged him we would have ended up stuck with another cancer in the locker room that didn't want to be here. The tag has worked so well for us in the past. :rolleyes:

You initiated this hostility w/me by calling me a joke w/out provocation. By the way how many people have you had hostilities w/since your arrival? 10?

I responded in kind.

Actually I can think of four off my head - you - and Cards Trader (who has turned to the dark side), Lex (who I realize we will never see eye to eye - but we now keep it civil) and Tango (who has been suspiciously missing since the whole Boston thing went down yesterday) And let me ask you this - how many people have THOSE GUYS PROVOKED into hostilities since they've been here - far more than me - hell didn't Tango even get banned for a week or something - so what's your point? I get into hositylites with the same guys that have provoked hostilites from most of the users here (that is the users who don't see the light at the end of this very long tunnel) There are plenty of people who agree with me that things don't seem to be changing around here and it's not a love of David Boston andf him leaving that hurts me - it's the loss of a stud WR leaving where we could have at least rptected ourselves from getting nothing that bothers me - THERE WAS NO RISK IN TAGGING HIM - you can take off the tag whenever you want to a certain point.

And the fact that you condemn Boston for doing roids and being a druggie based on one incident irks me because it shows a gerenal level of intolerance and jumping to conclusions IN MY OPINION. My opinion differs from you in my sense of tolerance and giving someone the benfit of th doubt - I have also railed against our laissez-faire attitude in free agency as I see us being reactive as usual, instead of being proactive - now I'm not saying we should be the Skins - but I really thought this offseason was a way for us to turn this whole ship around and now I don't believe that's possible. We have a difference of opinion and that is that. Won't call your posts ridiculous anymore and hope to see the same from you.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Alright. Truce. I have had my share of hostilities as well.

Don't be suprised if I am corrupted by the dark side soon(I think right now I am in some sort of strange denial). If the guys that came in all start signing with other teams, and the guys we have are actually going to be our lineup. I will be start ranting and raving.

I just think it is too early to flip out.

As for Boston and the tag. If we placed that tag on him there are some risks. It is not as free-wheeling as has been protrayed here.

If we place it on him I think noone touches him. We don't get two draft picks, we get Boston for 5.6 mil for one year(of sulking and alligator arms.) If we place the tag and then wait and then rescind it, what good does that do? All that does is screw Boston over... And makes us look even worse. I mean right now it looks as if we have no idea what we are doing. What does it look like if we tag him, in hopes that someone else wants to give us two #1 picks and then noone does, and then we remove the tag in the summer and he signs w/someone else anyway?

To me what they are doing SEEMS to have some direction.

As for being intolerant to drug users, that is not the case. I am pissed at Boston. I think he forced himself out of here and gave up last year. I go to every game, I saw his mannerisms. Horrible. In return, I take cheap shots at his character.

I hope the next to go is Thomas Jones.

Start over all over again. Should be the damn motto of the franchise.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright. Truce. I have had my share of hostilities as well.

Don't be suprised if I am corrupted by the dark side soon(I think right now I am in some sort of strange denial). If the guys that came in all start signing with other teams, and the guys we have are actually going to be our lineup. I will be the first to start ranting and raving.

I just think it is too early to flip out.

As for Boston and the tag. If we placed that tag on him there are some risks. It is not as free-wheeling as has been protrayed here.

If we place it on him I think noone touches him. We don't get two draft picks, we get Boston for 5.6 mil for one year(of sulking and alligator arms.) If we place the tag and then wait and then rescind it, what good does that do? All that does is screw Boston over... And makes us look even worse. I mean right now it looks as if we have no idea what we are doing. What does it look like if we tag him, in hopes that someone else wants to give us two #1 picks and then noone does, and then we remove the tag in the summer and he signs w/someone else anyway?

To me what they are doing SEEMS to have some direction.

As for being intolerant to drug users, that is not the case. I am pissed at Boston. I think he forced himself out of here and gave up last year. I go to every game, I saw his mannerisms. Horrible. In return, I take cheap shots at his character.

I hope the next to go is Thomas Jones.

Start over all over again. Should be the damn motto of the franchise.

and with the last statement with find common ground - TRUCE HAS BEGUN!

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
and with the last statement with find common ground - TRUCE HAS BEGUN!

:thumbup: So you like my signature?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:thumbup: So you like my signature?

Ah - you are turning already! Be careful KOC, once you come to the dark side - you don't come back! UP THE MIDDLE!

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
My section just gets way too drunk and bounces peanuts off the yellow shirts heads. And then point, laugh, and flip them off.

Oh, how I wish it was football season.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

I would say that a majority of guys on this board do or wish we did have David Boston.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Sometimes with Cheesebeef starring as John Black and KOC starring as Stefano Demera. Now before anyone starts slamming me for knowing the characters on Days of Our Lives - realize that is has to be the funniest hour long sitcom masquerading as a soap opera ever - I mean come - Demonic possesion, people coming back from the Grave, memory erasal (not a word) and midgets? Those writers are fraking hilarious!

Cheesbeef: Is not Stefano dead?