Excited for STL!

denverbirdfan

thanks for flying
Reaction score
Taking my 10 year old daughter to her first NFL game. in the city I used to watch the Cards play at Busch Stadium. While her mother (we're divorced) won the "contest" for her fandom (my kid is a Broncos fan...ugh), my little girl wants to paint her face like a Cardinal and wear her Cardinal shirt for the game.

I have 3 little girls who like girly things, so those of you with sons who watch football with you, don't take it for granted! Here's hoping for a Stanton to Larry Fitz TD pass as time expires to win the game for the Cards!

Let's Go BIG RED!!!!

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taking my 10 year old daughter to her first NFL game. in the city I used to watch the Cards play at Busch Stadium. While her mother (we're divorced) won the "contest" for her fandom (my kid is a Broncos fan...ugh), my little girl wants to paint her face like a Cardinal and wear her Cardinal shirt for the game.

I have 3 little girls who like girly things, so those of you with sons who watch football with you, don't take it for granted! Here's hoping for a Stanton to Larry Fitz TD pass as time expires to win the game for the Cards!

Let's Go BIG RED!!!!

Awesome to hear (in 2 ways)! 1 being that you are taking your daughter to the game and she is going to be a diehard cards fan. 2 being that you have 3 daughters. I have the same and I know what you mean with the girly. I have one that is playing soccer and she is kind of into football (ASU mainly). The other 2, not so sure. Enjoy the game and get us a win!

OP
OP
denverbirdfan

denverbirdfan

thanks for flying
Reaction score
Awesome to hear (in 2 ways)! 1 being that you are taking your daughter to the game and she is going to be a diehard cards fan. 2 being that you have 3 daughters. I have the same and I know what you mean with the girly. I have one that is playing soccer and she is kind of into football (ASU mainly). The other 2, not so sure. Enjoy the game and get us a win!

I know - there are only so many games of Cinderella, dress up, and now - Disney channel shows and girly clothes that a Dad can do. :)

My dad took me to see Neil Lomax bombs to Roy Green and J.T. Smith. Surely the fates can arrange for a John Brown deep one on Thursday?

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know - there are only so many games of Cinderella, dress up, and now - Disney channel shows and girly clothes that a Dad can do. :)

My dad took me to see Neil Lomax bombs to Roy Green and J.T. Smith. Surely the fates can arrange for a John Brown deep one on Thursday?

Too funny. What ages? Mine are spread out- 13, 6, 2/12. 13 year old is kind of the tomboy, 6 year old is a brat, but is playing golf and tennis (we will see how long this will last :p) and my little one should have been a boy because she destroys EVERYTHING! No lie, we can't even put presents under the tree because she will open them all. She maybe my athlete project.

Hope we can get up early with a couple of TD's and be able to preserve this win Rams are playing as one of the best teams right now, but I have faith in our team to pull this out.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

Let's Go BIG RED!!!!

Thats awesome

one of my best experiences: my dad would take me to Busch to watch the Cardinals, and I was there when they beat the Giants to capture their first NFC East title under Don Coryell.

fast forward to 2008: I was in UOP with my Dad and 11 year old son to watch the Cards beat the Rams to capture their first NFC West Div title

FWIW: I told my son that i hoped he didnt have to wait 30 years between div titles

Last edited:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's my granddaughter and daughter all tooled up for their first game. Memory forever.

Cards hat, purse, shirt, beads, pom poms.... the works.

attachment.php

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's my granddaughter and daughter all tooled up for their first game. Memory forever.

Cards hat, purse, shirt, beads, pom poms.... the works.

attachment.php

What a great picture and has to be a great feeling for you. Are they diehard Cards fans now?

OP
OP
denverbirdfan

denverbirdfan

thanks for flying
Reaction score
Thats awesome

one of my best experiences: my dad would take me to Busch to watch the Cardinals, and I was there when they beat the Giants to capture their first NFC East title under Don Coryell.

fast forward to 2008: I was in UOP with my Dad and 11 year old son to watch the Cards beat the Rams to capture their first NFC West Div title

FWIW: I told my sone that i hoped he didnt have to wait 30 years between div titles

that is an absolutely GREAT story! How awesome is it that you and your dad saw that division title together twice thirty years apart - with his grandson? Terrific!

OP
OP
denverbirdfan

denverbirdfan

thanks for flying
Reaction score
Too funny. What ages? Mine are spread out- 13, 6, 2/12. 13 year old is kind of the tomboy, 6 year old is a brat, but is playing golf and tennis (we will see how long this will last :p) and my little one should have been a boy because she destroys EVERYTHING! No lie, we can't even put presents under the tree because she will open them all. She maybe my athlete project.

Hope we can get up early with a couple of TD's and be able to preserve this win Rams are playing as one of the best teams right now, but I have faith in our team to pull this out.

11, 10, and 1 MONTH. life is crazy. I see you have the teenager and toddler going on - that will be us in a couple of years. God bless you, that is one tall order...

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a great picture and has to be a great feeling for you. Are they diehard Cards fans now?

Oh, yeah. She has bragging rights at school too because Cards beat the Crowboys. She loves it!!!

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
denverbirdfan, I hope your experience with your kids will be as good as mine was.

Go Cards!!!!

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, yeah. She has bragging rights at school too because Cards beat the Crowboys. She loves it!!!

NICE!! That one is always the best because there are plenty of those fans out there!

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
11, 10, and 1 MONTH. life is crazy. I see you have the teenager and toddler going on - that will be us in a couple of years. God bless you, that is one tall order...

I bet! How are the older ones with the infant?

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am taking my niece to the game. She is a diehard football fan but has not figured out what team she wants to be a fan of. She likes the Saints a lot but also has some feelings for the Cards. She will be wearing one of my Cardinal shirts to this game.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thats awesome

FWIW: I told my son that i hoped he didnt have to wait 30 years between div titles

I used to go to games at Busch with my uncle who had end zone season tickets. It was awesome. Now I take my niece the Cards Rams game every year.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my best parenting decisions was making sure all the family goes to the games. My 14 year old, she is knowledgeable and knows what's up out there, my 11 year old son is ecstatic and has a blast and after a couple of hard years with my now 7 year old girl who used to be bored to tears, she is learning and the most rowdy and loud of the three kids. She'll bang on the seats to make noise and gets into it.

Making memories in that stadium. They haven't been to the playoffs though, and Sunday after the game my son asked "you got us playoff tickets too?" Of course I did...no way to not have them there. They are invested.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
no, thankfully the six year old is a boy so while we are outnumbered, we at least have each other in the house of women!

I have mostly females in the house including 2 dogs and 2 cats. Only other males is my dog and another cat.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
denverbirdfan.... we want pics or it didn't happen!!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson