Every QB Who Started Last Year Ranked by NFL.Com

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ing-every-quarterback-to-start-a-game-in-2019

RANK

You must be registered for see images attach

Kyler Murray

Individual Rank: Bhanpuri: 14 | Blair: 13 | Filice: 14 | Parr: 15

2019 regular season stats: 16 games | 64.4 pct | 3,722 pass yds | 6.9 ypa | 20 pass TD | 12 INT | 544 rush yds | 4 rush TD | 2 fumbles lost

Blair: It's actually kind of encouraging that Murray didn't just cruise to the Offensive Rookie of the Year award. Maybe going through some bumps in 2019 (including seven games with a sub-80 passer rating) helped prepare him for when the difficulty level ramps up -- along with the stakes -- in 2020.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I read this article just a few hours ago! But I don't know what's going on with NFL.com links from here - a lot of times, they seem to link to NFL GamePass for me. I'm not sure where you sourced your link from (maybe a RotoWire or something?) but it turns into an affiliate link, which is a type of link that tracks the original source to give financial credit to someone promoting a product on their site. (Trying another link to the same article just to test...)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ing-every-quarterback-to-start-a-game-in-2019

Edit: Nope, same problem with my link. I wonder if it has to do with Xenforo automatically shortening links?

Edit 2: https://bit.ly/38niwu1

Edit 3: Yep, shortening the link through bitly removes the redirect to the affiliate link, so it must be a Xenforo issue.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Aaaaaanyways... these are some funky rankings. I'm really amazed Josh Allen isn't higher, Tom Brady deserves to be higher, and there's some hot takes on players that are really low, but I don't have any issue with placing Kyler somewhere between 13-16 right now. The argument can be made in that range for sure, given Kyler's current stability vs. a bunch of QBs staring down the unknown.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aaaaaanyways... these are some funky rankings. I'm really amazed Josh Allen isn't higher, Tom Brady deserves to be higher, and there's some hot takes on players that are really low, but I don't have any issue with placing Kyler somewhere between 13-16 right now. The argument can be made in that range for sure, given Kyler's current stability vs. a bunch of QBs staring down the unknown.

I absolutely agree that Josh Allen is underrated right now.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly Brady's ranking is correct. 60% completion percentage with zero athleticism and a lower YPA than Murray who threw behind the line of scrimmage like 20% of the time.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Honestly Brady's ranking is correct. 60% completion percentage with zero athleticism and a lower YPA than Murray who threw behind the line of scrimmage like 20% of the time.
He had garbage to throw to all last year, though. I dunno. I don't think that guy is done if he sticks in the NE system. Going somewhere else seems like a bad idea though.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had garbage to throw to all last year, though. I dunno. I don't think that guy is done if he sticks in the NE system. Going somewhere else seems like a bad idea though.

Was it worse than Murray? Seems similar

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I have a friend out east who is a hard core Bills fan, he is extremely low on Josh Allen. He wants them to flat out dump him for anything they can get. Wildly inaccurate, terrible playing from behind, the only thing that keeps him from being a disaster is his mobility.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Josh Allen is a less accurate Cam Newton. His size and athleticism make him a lethal dual threat, his big arm has to be respected, and in the right scheme he can be a real weapon. You will always need an elite defense to go all the way with such a QB. I prefer an accurate passer without the physical tools all day. That said, I think Josh Allen will enjoy some successful years before his body breaks down from all the unnecessary hits he eats. See Newton, Cam.

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Josh Allen is a less accurate Cam Newton. His size and athleticism make him a lethal dual threat, his big arm has to be respected, and in the right scheme he can be a real weapon. You will always need an elite defense to go all the way with such a QB. I prefer an accurate passer without the physical tools all day. That said, I think Josh Allen will enjoy some successful years before his body breaks down from all the unnecessary hits he eats. See Newton, Cam.
That says a lot because Cam isn't accurate either.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam for the most part has gotten more accurate as his career went on.
Ehhhh... he started his career at 56.4 % and as of today his overall Career is 59.6% that isn’t some grand improvement and in year 4 he was below 54% and year 8 in the 57% range..... His accuracy as a whole just sucks. Any truly good NFL QB should be able to top 60% consistently in today’s nfl.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ehhhh... he started his career at 56.4 % and as of today his overall Career is 59.6% that isn’t some grand improvement and in year 4 he was below 54% and year 8 in the 57% range..... His accuracy as a whole just sucks. Any truly good NFL QB should be able to top 60% consistently in today’s nfl.

I didn't say his accuracy was good, I said he got better. If his career is at 59.6%, it isn't terrible. It isn't great either.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
In fairness, though, aside from 1 game with Antonio Brown, how many QBs had less talent to throw to than TB12?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Not saying he hasn't declined, because he has...but...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose