ESPN: Trent Williams trade discussion

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by PlanoCard, Feb 14, 2020.

1. PlanoCard

PlanoCard Free Agent

2. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

3. TheCardFan

TheCardFan Things have changed.

:grabs:

4. DumboD

DumboD Rookie

He would be an upgrade, but does he really want to play. It didn't seem like that with the Redskins.

Southpaw likes this.
  5. TaylorSwift

TaylorSwift Registered

I do not believe people are educated on the situation.

Redskins knew Williams had a tumor for several years but did not inform him. Until he had an health issue, saw a third party doctor who informed him you have a tumor that needs removed.

I would never play a single down for a team that puts my health in jeopardy. Dont blame him one bit.

6. Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach Bye Bye DJ

Give Kyler Murray a competent line and the best receiver in the draft and this team will be hard to stop. As KC proved this year, offense wins championships. The Redskins are a disaster. I am amazed that the league hasn’t stepped in

7. BritCard

BritCard Registered

I'd say he's far more likely to stay with the Skins now they changed GM and staff.

Harry likes this.
  8. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

The Cards need to sign an OT. Whether it’s humphries, Bulaga, Conklin or whoever.

I just hate the thought of drafting a rookie expecting him to start.

9. BritCard

BritCard Registered

Why?

Nobody had an issue with Kyler being drafted to start. Literally the most important player on the team.

Nearly all the 1st and 2nd round tackles started last year.

Nobody had issues with Bosa, Allen, Williams, White, Oliver, Bush etc starting for thier respective teams last year.

Nobody has any issues with Lamb starting if we draft him and WR is one of the toughest positions to translate.

Why the extra hand wringing for tackles? Yeah it's tough, but they are all tough. You pick right and a top 10 tackle can shine like a bunch of rookies did last year.

TheCardFan likes this.
  10. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

Why you ask. Because everyone you mention in your post would be legit #8 picks in any draft. IMO, I don't think any of the OLinemen in this draft are legit enough to pick at 8. Trade down into the teens if you want to take any of these OLinemen.

Jetstream Green likes this.
  11. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

There are a number of solid RTs in this draft, but none I would trust at LT immediately.

12. BritCard

BritCard Registered

Literally everyone in the business is saying what a super talented and deep OT class this is. I've seen various experts say they think even guys like Jones, Jackson and Niang can start immediately.

But a tackle at #8 can't?

There probably 8 to 10 tackles in this class could start right away. At least.

13. wit3card

wit3card Registered

In your fantasy world yes, but for real, there is no legit Top 10 LT in this draft.

RT/LG yes but LT? NO. So No you aren't more right then in the other 200 posts.

And like others mentioned, there are differences in the positions. QB is different from LT. A rookie QB needs playtime to get better, a rookie OT needs play time but there the similarity of the job description ends.

A Rookie QB makes you O-line and WR and so on look worse if he doesn't get it, but with that you can live.
    A Rookie LT makes your QB getting hit and sacked and sometimes injured, you can't live with your highest asset injured.

So you basically try to make an argument telling everyone and yourself that you should let your doddler drive your lambo while you drive his bike on the highway.

Sorry to break it down to you that harsh, but really it is a bad idea to cut the veteran and have a rookie start at LT and it is even worse when there is no consensus top 5 LT or Top 10 LT. And you even don't have any Idea if you would get this non existent consensus top 5/10 LT.

That is how you end up with Levi Brown instead of Adrian Peterson and fall short of a SB or two.

14. BritCard

BritCard Registered

That wasn't the question. The question was why all the hand wringing over starting a rookie tackle. I've seen it numerous times.

Ooo can't start a rookie, stick with the vet.

But the same people have no problem starting a WR. A position which has one of the highest top 10 bust rates. Or Simmons if we went that way. Or Kyler last year.

There's no logic in it.

A top 10 tackle should have no problem starting over any other rookie. Just because you consider none of them worthy of top 8 doesn't change whether they are or not. I'm not saying reach, but if the team thinks there is a LT worth #8 they should take him. .

I'd take Thomas over Hump all day, for example.

Are they likely to be All Pro year one? No.

Are they going to be much worse than what we had? Nope.

15. WisconsinCard

WisconsinCard Herfin BIg Time Contributor

I say don't buy into all the hype articles and highlight videos. Watch the games and make your own choice, these experts are wrong just as much as they are right. I for one am pretty sure with the changes in the College game that it takes much longer to acclimate to the NFL for o-lineman than it used too. Very few colleges run NFL type offenses any more.

Krangthebrain likes this.