ESPN Top-50 Free Agents

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
The Air Raid is built on WR screens and quick passes so Golden Tate will prob be on the top of the list along with Trent Brown. Wouldn’t mind a MLB either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Trent Brown - 7th rd draft pick by SF. He was a RT in SF (6-8 380 pounds). Patriots traded the 95th pick overall (3rd?) to 49ers for Brown and a 5th rd pick.

He is the #37 ranked T by PFF.

Nate Solder (LT for Pats before Trent Brown) and FA last year. #21 T by PFF.

Nate Solder gave up 3 sacks in NE offense (2017), Trent Brown gave up 3.5 (2018).

Nate Solder gave up 8 sacks in Detroit this year (2018).

System success?

Trent Brown is 25 and Nate Solder is 30.

Nate Sodler got 4 years/65m (15.5m/year).

Trent Brown will get more. Hopefully, not from us.

I would compare a young Trent Brown to Corey Cunningham, who gave up 1.5 sacks in 6 games at LT. That is a 4 sack projection for 16 games as a rookie. I would expect him to get better with an NFL off season but not sure we can count on him as a starter next year. Might be better suited for RT?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The Air Raid is built on WR screens and quick passes so Golden Tate will prob be on the top of the list along with Trent Brown. Wouldn’t mind a MLB either. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the idea of Golden Tate (solid veteran WR) but why didn't he excel in Philly's spread offense (why would that be different in AZ)?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trent Brown - 7th rd draft pick by SF. He was a RT in SF (6-8 380 pounds). Patriots traded the 95th pick overall (3rd?) to 49ers for Brown and a 5th rd pick.

He is the #37 ranked T by PFF.

Nate Solder (LT for Pats before Trent Brown) and FA last year. #21 T by PFF.

Nate Solder gave up 3 sacks in NE offense (2017), Trent Brown gave up 3.5 (2018).

Nate Solder gave up 8 sacks in Detroit this year (2018).

System success?

Trent Brown is 25 and Nate Solder is 30.

Nate Sodler got 4 years/65m (15.5m/year).

Trent Brown will get more. Hopefully, not from us.

I would compare a young Trent Brown to Corey Cunningham, who gave up 1.5 sacks in 6 games at LT. That is a 4 sack projection for 16 games as a rookie. I would expect him to get better with an NFL off season but not sure we can count on him as a starter next year. Might be better suited for RT?
I believe you have to find players that fit your system. Last year we claimed to be building a dominant smash mouth oline. That didn’t work then and it won’t work this year.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For me I hope we go hard after a couple LBs, a true #2 CB, DT, DE, WR and as many quality nasty ****** OL as we can.

From that list I want...

DT: Grady Jarrett
LB: CJ Mosley & Shaquil Barrett
CB: Bradley Roby
DE: Z. Smith
WR: Tyrell Williams & Adam Humphries
OL: Mark Glowinski

Barrett, Glowinski & Williams are those solid players that have been stuck behind quality players, who in themselves have potential to be quality starters also

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me I hope we go hard after a couple LBs, a true #2 CB, DT, DE, WR and as many quality nasty ****** OL as we can.

From that list I want...

DT: Grady Jarrett
LB: CJ Mosley & Shaquil Barrett
CB: Bradley Roby
DE: Z. Smith
WR: Tyrell Williams & Adam Humphries
OL: Mark Glowinski

Barrett, Glowinski & Williams are those solid players that have been stuck behind quality players, who in themselves have potential to be quality starters also
Agree on your assessment of Barrett, Glowinski, and Williams. AND they are all young with room to improve and grow into this offensive system.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Agree on your assessment of Barrett, Glowinski, and Williams. AND they are all young with room to improve and grow into this offensive system.

Yeah I think we should only be looking at 27 or under. Get them into a system and as you said grow. Having said that 1 or 2 stop gaps like Suh for example could be ok. But don’t want to be in a continuous cycle of having to replace loads of old dudes each year

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Although I would love to have any of the top five on this list, I'm going to start with players outside the top ten which I think is a bit more realistic.

1. DT Grady Jarrett- This guy has played very well. He's a disruptive force inside and he has stayed healthy all but three games in four years. Draft Bosa and our front seven looks pretty intimidating.

2. ILB C.J. Mosley- Team him up with Reddick inside and have Chandler Jones and Bosa on the outside rushing and setting the edge. Mosley has four probowls and stays healthy missing only 3 games in five years.

3. CB Bradley Roby- I have a feeling that our new DC will bring him over to be our number two CB. He was a number one pick for Denver in 2014. I will be surprised if he's not our number two.

4. OT Ja'Wuan James- This guy is a good RT. He's in his prime and only 26. Former first round pick in 2014.

5. WR Tyrell Williams- We need another receiver badly and he is pretty good. At 6-4 he's got the height and can go up for the ball as an outside receiver. I think Kirk will be our slot guy going forward. I also think we will draft a receiver this year in the first four rounds. Devin Funchess and Adam Humphries are also guys what we should have interest in at WR. There will be some guys that get released to add to the list, but these guys I think are doable when it comes to signing with the money that we have this year.

I can see the Cardinals signing a guy like Ja'Wuan James and then drafting another lineman at the top of the second. I just think we will bring in two starting caliber linemen this year as well as two starting wide receivers.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm guessing the Cards will bring in roughly 4 FA's on either side of the ball who know (& can help teach) the Air Raid offense and Joseph's 3-4 defense.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although I would love to have any of the top five on this list, I'm going to start with players outside the top ten which I think is a bit more realistic.

1. DT Grady Jarrett- This guy has played very well. He's a disruptive force inside and he has stayed healthy all but three games in four years. Draft Bosa and our front seven looks pretty intimidating.

2. ILB C.J. Mosley- Team him up with Reddick inside and have Chandler Jones and Bosa on the outside rushing and setting the edge. Mosley has four probowls and stays healthy missing only 3 games in five years.

3. CB Bradley Roby- I have a feeling that our new DC will bring him over to be our number two CB. He was a number one pick for Denver in 2014. I will be surprised if he's not our number two.

4. OT Ja'Wuan James- This guy is a good RT. He's in his prime and only 26. Former first round pick in 2014.

5. WR Tyrell Williams- We need another receiver badly and he is pretty good. At 6-4 he's got the height and can go up for the ball as an outside receiver. I think Kirk will be our slot guy going forward. I also think we will draft a receiver this year in the first four rounds. Devin Funchess and Adam Humphries are also guys what we should have interest in at WR. There will be some guys that get released to add to the list, but these guys I think are doable when it comes to signing with the money that we have this year.

I can see the Cardinals signing a guy like Ja'Wuan James and then drafting another lineman at the top of the second. I just think we will bring in two starting caliber linemen this year as well as two starting wide receivers.
Throw in mark Glowinski to this list and I will be doing cartwheels! I don’t think the Falcons are going to let Jarrett go. Not so sure Mosely gets away eithir[/QUOTE]

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Some people have already commented on this, but CJ Mosley, Bradley Roby, and JaWuan James would make the draft a little simpler to navigate. Those are some key needs that would be filled and allow us to draft WRs, TEs and EDGE players which can be costly to fill in FA.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
a possible name to keep an eye on:

Andrus Peat of the Saints

Saints picked up his 5th year option, but he moved inside to guard, and, cap wise might be a guy they let go (or trade for cheap?)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Saints picked up his 5th year option, but he moved inside to guard, and, cap wise might be a guy they let go (or trade for cheap?)
Peat is the guy you let someone else pay

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

If they were to let him go, is that a waiver wire addition potentially and we assume the option?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Peat played at Kerouac's high school, Corona Del Sol over in Tempe.

He's doo-doo.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Some people have already commented on this, but CJ Mosley, Bradley Roby, and JaWuan James would make the draft a little simpler to navigate. Those are some key needs that would be filled and allow us to draft WRs, TEs and EDGE players which can be costly to fill in FA.

You don't think a veteran receiver is needed? If Larry bolts, this team is going to needed a solid veteran pass catcher badly.

I'm cool with JaWuan James, but I don't think Mosley would be cost effective. You'll probably pay him 8 million + per year. I think if you add Bosa.....

Bosa
Reddick
Bucannon/Bynes
Jones

That's not a bad group. Draft a ILB in the mid rounds and hope he can develop.

I'd throw money at Tyrell Williams and not look back. He fits the outside receiver that this team needs. He's big, strong, and fast. He probably won't be a true #1, but I think Kirk can be the main guy from the slot.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You don't think a veteran receiver is needed? If Larry bolts, this team is going to needed a solid veteran pass catcher badly.

I'm cool with JaWuan James, but I don't think Mosley would be cost effective. You'll probably pay him 8 million + per year. I think if you add Bosa.....

Bosa
Reddick
Bucannon/Bynes
Jones

That's not a bad group. Draft a ILB in the mid rounds and hope he can develop.

I'd throw money at Tyrell Williams and not look back. He fits the outside receiver that this team needs. He's big, strong, and fast. He probably won't be a true #1, but I think Kirk can be the main guy from the slot.

I disagree regarding Mosely. You can throw a ton of money at him for his position and it will still be lower than most positions available. I would rather throw 8 mil at Mosley than 8 mil at Tyrell Williams. Personally, ILB is a spot I am staying away from in this draft if I can help it. I personally like the WRs available in rounds 2-4. In terms of vet WRs...Chris Hogan, Breshad Perriman, JAmison Crowder, Adam Humphries, and Phillip Dorsett can be decent adds and not break the bank. A little bit of it depends on how KK wants to use the TE position.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I very much doubt if we draft Bosa it will be as a OLB, most probably keep him as DE, otherwise he’s wasted for his talents

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
mosley is the guy we need, productive smart leader

my favourite free agents addition
spain og titans
grady jarret dt falcons
pierre desir colts cb
anderson de jets
humphrey wr buccaneers

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I very much doubt if we draft Bosa it will be as a OLB, most probably keep him as DE, otherwise he’s wasted for his talents
I don't understand this. What would be a waste in putting him at OLB in a 3-4? He is small for a 3-4 DE and that is where he would get beat up and be put in a situation to fail.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson