ESPN says Amare is staying..

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
Headline just says: Suns Holding Onto Stoudemire

Anyone with the Insider care to sum it up?

So, that gives us the following guys under contract, or we just drafted them:
Nash/Dragic
Richardson/Barbosa/Pavlovic
Clark/Dudley/Tucker
Amare/Amundson/Wallace/Griffin
Lopez

Assuming we cut Wallace and Pav, that'll leave us with 11 players. This is assuming we keep Griffin and Tucker. My gut feeling is that neither are on the roster.

Right now this roster is just filled with holes and questions. I believe that keeping Amare only amplifies these holes and questions as well.

-Is Amare playing PF or C?
-Who then is playing alongside Amare in the frontcourt?
-Are we then trading Amare at the deadline or during the season?

Kerr's got his hands full now that he's keeping Amare...

Go Devils

Rookie
Reaction score
They should be able to get something for Wallace if Sarver opens up his wallet.

I want Chandler, or else you going to see a front line of Hill @ SF Amare @ C and Clark @ PF. I would rather see Chandler @ C with a rotaion of Clark & Frye along with sissy Lopez as backups. I would also like to see Richardson get shipped out somewhere

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Having Amare, Hill, Chandler and Clark would give the Suns a lot of flexibility to create match up problems for other teams. The problem is it still doesn't make the Suns a top 5 team in the west.

And no way they get Frye and Chandler.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Having Amare, Hill, Chandler and Clark would give the Suns a lot of flexibility to create match up problems for other teams. The problem is it still doesn't make the Suns a top 5 team in the west.

And no way they get Frye and Chandler.

Matchup problems? The biggest matchup problem in the league is Nash's opposing guard.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Matchup problems? The biggest matchup problem in the league is Nash's opposing guard.

Yeah but the Suns don't seem to be willing to do anything about that so I've moved on. Nash won't be as big a liability if the Suns can put a descent big behind him.

Nash was only half the problem last year. The Big ***************** made matters so much worse defensively.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nash won't be as big a liability if the Suns can put a descent big behind him.

How so? Having a good defensive big won't stop Nash's man from driving around him. Won't stop our bigs from having to rotate to Nash's man. Won't stop the team into massive rotations to cover the open shooter.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Assuming Frye is in, they need to flip Wallace for three point shooting and perimeter defense.

Getting this team interior defense is a pipe dream with Lopez, Amare, and Frye in the fold.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
im kind of getting tired of people riding our draft picks balls so much only to come down on them hard when they arent meeting expectations halfway through the season. I see so many suns fans make their stupid little lineups with clark starting or getting heavy minutes... gentry said the dude isnt even going to hardly get PT. Its nice to finally have a draft pick with some potential i agree but lets not crown him the next lamar odom or even a guy thats going to get more than 10 minutes a night.

OP
OP
Phill11

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
I think a lot of people think that the roster I posted was lineups and all. I just posted who we have under contract by position.... it just shows the holes we have.

Edit: After today we now have:

Nash/Dragic
Hill/Clark/Dudley/Tucker
Amare/Frye/Amundson/Wallace/Griffin
Lopez

Last edited:

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think a lot of people think that the roster I posted was lineups and all. I just posted who we have under contract by position.... it just shows the holes we have.

Nash/Dragic
Hill/Clark/Dudley/Tucker
Lopez

clark wont get minutes over dudley.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess people forget about Dragic and how he played fairly well late last season, he can and will get better too. Dragic hustles on defense and spells Nash, if the starters can build big leads and the bench can actually come in and hold them somewhat this team can be better than many expect!

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Assuming Frye is in, they need to flip Wallace for three point shooting and perimeter defense.

Getting this team interior defense is a pipe dream with Lopez, Amare, and Frye in the fold.

Still have Pavlovic too. Not sure if the Clippers would be intrested since they were able to unload Randolph but I'd do something like Camby + Novak for Pavlovic + Lopez.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Now that the Warriors owner has stated he is looking to sell the team, I hope Kerr has the competence to at least consider a Wallace expiring contract for Biedrins.

And he would get GM of the year if he landed a Wallace/Pavlovic/Richardson for Ellis/Biedrins/Azibuike

Nash/Dragic
Barbosa/Ellis
Hill/Dudley/Clark
Amare/Amundson/Clark
Biedrins/Frye/Lopez

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Nash/Dragic
Hill/Clark/Dudley/Tucker
Lopez

I count 15 players. The Suns have repeatedly said they are going to field the league minimum players. I believe that's 13. So when you buy out Pavlovic and Wallace, you have the team we will field for the season. There have been big hints that Griffin will be the 13th player. Also, a couple articles, based on Suns puffery about how this guy is better than expected. This is it. This IS our team.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
Yuma speaks the truth. Barring of course someone calls up and offers the poopoo platter for JRich before training camp.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Now that the Warriors owner has stated he is looking to sell the team, I hope Kerr has the competence to at least consider a Wallace expiring contract for Biedrins.

And he would get GM of the year if he landed a Wallace/Pavlovic/Richardson for Ellis/Biedrins/Azibuike

Nash/Dragic
Barbosa/Ellis
Hill/Dudley/Clark
Amare/Amundson/Clark
Biedrins/Frye/Lopez

I am sorry, but this is about as unrealistic trade as you will ever see...First off, Monta is a future all star who should and would start over Barbosa...

Second, why would the Warriors trade three of their best young players for a slow, horrible shooting washed up Center who does not fit the system, a player they traded away for a rookie who seems to have lost a step and has recent law troubles, and a scrub? Hell, Wallace and Pavs many not even be on the team at start of the season anyway.

Thrid, why would a team wanting to sell leave their roster looking like this?

Curry/Law/Watson
J-Rich/Morrow
S-jax/Maggette
Randolph/Wright
Turiaf/Wallace

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave