ESPN Quoting an Unnamed Scout

Reaction score
A lot of the locker room doesn’t like Kyler this is a fact. Some of that is the systemic laziness of some players rubs Kyler the wrong way and some is his overall attitude and arrogance. Honestly I side with Kyler on this.

Kliff, the fat drunk, and mediocre Mike of course the worst three people on the planet to help patch such differences.

You know this how? I know you are a bartender or something like that, that sees Keim in the bar, but how do you know that the locker room doesn't like Kyler? Does every player visit the same bar & tell drunken stories?

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A lot of the locker room doesn’t like Kyler this is a fact. Some of that is the systemic laziness of some players rubs Kyler the wrong way and some is his overall attitude and arrogance. Honestly I side with Kyler on this.

Kliff, the fat drunk, and mediocre Mike of course the worst three people on the planet to help patch such differences.

A lot of these guys are country clubbers who see AZ as an easy payday due to an incompetent front office.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Uh, what?
I'll try to clarify:

If the coaches and management base decisions today on what they think will happen tomorrow, they'll risk making poor decisions based on what they think might happen instead rof what they know for a fact today.

The future is full of unknowns - like injuries, snippiness over vaccinations etc. etc.

MB, KK and their staffs would be better advised to focus on the here and now.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'll try to clarify:

If the coaches and management base decisions today on what they think will happen tomorrow, they'll risk making poor decisions based on what they think might happen instead rof what they know for a fact today.

The future is full of unknowns - like injuries, snippiness over vaccinations etc. etc.

MB, KK and their staffs would be better advised to focus on the here and now.
So how do you make decisions ? With a Ouija board?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
yeah... all off-season I’ve chuckled at fans here deciding Conner is a “big/bruising” back.

6'1 233 lb back is a big bruising back.

Per profootballreference.com he averaged .7 yards MORE yards after contact than Kenyan Drake. So 7 out of 10 times, he gets a yard more than Drake because they averaged the same yards before contact.

He also had more broken tackles than Drake on 70 less carries. Conner averaged a broken tackle on every 9.9 carries to Drakes broken tackles on 14.9. This isn't even considering that the Steelers offensive line was actually quite a bit worse than the Cardinals offensive line and Drake benefitted quite a bit from Murray's rushing ability for over half of the season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6'1 233 lb back is a big bruising back.

Per profootballreference.com he averaged .7 yards MORE yards after contact than Kenyan Drake. So 7 out of 10 times, he gets a yard more than Drake because they averaged the same yards before contact.

He also had more broken tackles than Drake on 70 less carries. Conner averaged a broken tackle on every 9.9 carries to Drakes broken tackles on 14.9. This isn't even considering that the Steelers offensive line was actually quite a bit worse than the Cardinals offensive line and Drake benefitted quite a bit from Murray's rushing ability for over half of the season.

I made no comparison to Drake who got tackled by a blade of grass more often then not last season. So comparing him to Drake as a way of proving he’s a pounding back is meaningless to me.

Having watched a lot of Conner the last two years, is why I believe that measurements alone doesn’t = big bruising back. Actual play on the field does. He’s fine if healthy, but he’s not some big bruiser out there.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I made no comparison to Drake who got tackled by a blade of grass more often then not last season. So comparing him to Drake as a way of proving he’s a pounding back is meaningless to me.

Having watched a lot of Conner the last two years, is why I believe that measurements alone doesn’t = big bruising back. Actual play on the field does. He’s fine if healthy, but he’s not some big bruiser out there.
The comparison highlighted that he DOES get more yards after contact though, and behind a worse offensive line.

One thing is interesting and it would take a real deep dive is to see how much of their common 2.3 yards before carry were caused by the RB not hitting the hole fast enough and with authority or was it caused by the offensive line.

Conner does have more size though and statistics indicate that he does get more yards after contact than Drake. My take is that Conner might be an upgrade, but then again, he has had lots of health issues so the upgrade might not matter much. We might be stuck hoping that Edmonds can get a little better AND stay healthy and/or Ward might contribute as well. Either way, it's not ideal hoping for anything of those things to happen.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It’s impossible to say Kingsbury should be fired “if”. There are to many variables that could come into play. A rash of of injuries can change an entire season.
It could, but Kingsbury hasn't built up the goodwill that earned, say, Kyle Shanahan a bunch of rope to survive down seasons. If Murray is as competitive as people here claim, he'll get the message to Keim that he wants to stay, but he also wants to win and doesn't that Kliff can lead the team there.

That's literally all it would take.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

:oops:

This take is extremely fire. I know for a fact that Kyler doesn't do little stuff like tip the valets at Scottsdale Fashion Square. There aren't a lot of true heroes in professional sports, just varying levels of sociopathy.

You can't fire the owner. The team going +/- 1 win over .500 will keep Keim from being fired, but won't save Kliff.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It could, but Kingsbury hasn't built up the goodwill that earned, say, Kyle Shanahan a bunch of rope to survive down seasons. If Murray is as competitive as people here claim, he'll get the message to Keim that he wants to stay, but he also wants to win and doesn't that Kliff can lead the team there.

That's literally all it would take.

Kyle Shanahan has ONE winning season in four seasons.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Why is it either/or? I see a leadership deficit from top to bottom. This team is clearly not prepared to compete. The low vaxx rate is embarrassing and unacceptable. A losing season has to be it for Keim et al. A house cleaning is long overdue anyway based on draft and W/L results.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
You know this how? I know you are a bartender or something like that, that sees Keim in the bar, but how do you know that the locker room doesn't like Kyler? Does every player visit the same bar & tell drunken stories?
Ha if I was a bartender I’d have more time to post here and wouldn’t be narcing on the Valley’s best customer Keim.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Kyle Shanahan has ONE winning season in four seasons.

Yes, but he has rope because that one winning season culminated in a Super Bowl appearance, and he was the playcaller for another Super Bowl participant. People will forgive quite a bit if you're still competitive with Nick Mullens starting half your games.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yes, but he has rope because that one winning season culminated in a Super Bowl appearance, and he was the playcaller for another Super Bowl participant. People will forgive quite a bit if you're still competitive with Nick Mullens starting half your games.
Excuses will run out soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave