ESPN: Boldin tells agent to turn down any offer from Arizona

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw it on ESPN, didn't see a thread with this topic...just passing it on.

ugh.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John Clayton says it looks like they are just requesting a trade....and he thinks it will be met.

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
never liked john clayton much.. 3 nfl records on his resume- most catches by a rookie, fastest to 400, fastest to 500.. stay q!

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Enough!!

1st, THANK-YOU "Q" for EVERYTHING you've done in the Past. You have been a warrior on the field and, from what I've read, given back in many ways to the community. BUT now it seems very clear that you are unhappy with the front office and your contract. I get it! IF playing with your "brother" (ie; Fitz' )and a QB who respects you and will get the ball to you isn't enough... IF experiencing a magical play-off run all the way to the Super Bowl with guys that respect you and look up to you in the locker room isn't enough... Well, I wish you well with your next team. You'll be happier and we'll be just fine with-out you. GO CARDS!! ...And as for your agent?? ALL the $$ in the world can't buy RESPECT!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Boldin's become just another Simeon Rice/Thomas Jones/David Boston. I will be glad when he is shown the door.
i hope not. Those guys were let go with nothing to show in return unless you count Marquise Walker as something :(.

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If he doesn't want to be here, than whats the point of holding him hostage? We do just fine without Q. We are the deepest team at WR with pretty big needs that can be fulfilled by trading him.

rode kardinaal

Registered
Reaction score
ALL the $$ in the world can't buy RESPECT!
Isn't that Boldin's view also?

Hope it doesn't come to a trade, but if it does, i think a big 'thank you' for the guy that helped turn this franchise around, who always left his all on the field and the guy who could have TO'ed on us prior to last season but in stead chose to play for the salary he deservedly IMO wasn't happy with and played huge,

again, a big 'thank you' is more in place than the 'f*ck you' that he's bound to get.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Because if you let him force his way out then you open the door for the next guy to do that same.

very, very true.

The minute you let popping off in the press get you a new contract, you have to figure the rest of the roster will notice that.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Because if you let him force his way out then you open the door for the next guy to do that same.

I tell Drew and Boldin "if you can find a deal we like we will trade you otherwise you are going to have to either play or sit out and pay fines," and leave it at that.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
basically this is it...Boldin's level of importance seems to be more centered on his view of the frontoffice, what he thinks of it and they think of him. In Boldin's mind it overides his value of his teammates and his fans if he is intended to turn down any offer regardless of the money because his attention is full of tunnel vision and this whole FO stuff. Since no one really knows what words and actions where passed between the FO and Boldin and more know what the feelings between the players and the fans are...this to me is just pure selfishness and IF and only IF this is the case...I say trade him and get him the hell out of here already.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
very, very true.

The minute you let popping off in the press get you a new contract, you have to figure the rest of the roster will notice that.

yeah, but you also have every other potential free agent or over performing player demand such a pay raise. There is no way in hell Quan is worth what Fitz is getting paid!!! Not for 12 games a season. Later Q

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he doesn't want to be here, than whats the point of holding him hostage? We do just fine without Q. We are the deepest team at WR with pretty big needs that can be fulfilled by trading him.

It's not called holding him hostage. He signed the contract. It's called honoring your contract.

You do realize that because of this the Cards are not going to get fair or equal trade value?

If that is the case, I say make him ride out his contract.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Ramdon thoughts on the whole Q thing:

1. He picked the wrong organization to pick a fight with. Does anyone really think the Bidwills are going to be influenced by popping off in the media? Think of all the public slings and arrows they have taken historically. If anything, it might make the organization dig their heels in to prove a point.

2. His timing is terrible. After going to the Superbowl with Boldin largely a non-factor in the playoffs -- does he think the public is going to take his side in this? I think this is the first offseason in decades that would be true.

3. I really wonder what really is driving Q's anger. How many players in their first five years in the NFL have had their contracts renegotiated upwards twice? My guess is zero ----- yet that was Q's expectation. When they werent met he goes Broken Arrow. There is something else going on.

4. What else is going on? Could it be he sees Fitz eclipsing him. Prior to this year, it was 1a and 1b between the two of them with different orders. Now? Fitz is a clear #1 -- with Boldin a playoff story sideline.

5. Could the new CBA process be an issue. Q has to see the possibility of a lockout in 2011 (oh by the way -- when he is a free agent). He has to know that its now or never to get the payday. He may find himself a 31 year old free agent WR that nobody wants. Still doesnt explain the anger at the Cardinals though.

6. Given the large number of Drew clients on the team --- does the team draw a hard line and only deal on their terms. Offer a new deal, but no trade. The last thing I would want if I were Rod Graves is Dockett, followed by Watson, followed by........ all pulling the same stunt when they wanted a new deal.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
4. What else is going on? Could it be he sees Fitz eclipsing him. Prior to this year, it was 1a and 1b between the two of them with different orders. Now? Fitz is a clear #1 -- with Boldin a playoff story sideline.

Isn't this clearly the reason. Boldin was the #1 man, then Fitz showed up, eclipsed him, got tons more money, and Boldin wants the same respect and cash. Unfortunately, Fitz is better and deserves more. Lots of the money disparity stems from the fact that Fitz was #3 overall and Boldin a second rounder. Such is life in the NFL.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

1. He picked the wrong organization to pick a fight with. Does anyone really think the Bidwills are going to be influenced by popping off in the media? Think of all the public slings and arrows they have taken historically. If anything, it might make the organization dig their heels in to prove a point.

2. His timing is terrible. After going to the Superbowl with Boldin largely a non-factor in the playoffs -- does he think the public is going to take his side in this? I think this is the first offseason in decades that would be true.

3. I really wonder what really is driving Q's anger. How many players in their first five years in the NFL have had their contracts renegotiated upwards twice? My guess is zero ----- yet that was Q's expectation. When they werent met he goes Broken Arrow. There is something else going on.

5. Could the new CBA process be an issue. Q has to see the possibility of a lockout in 2011 (oh by the way -- when he is a free agent). He has to know that its now or never to get the payday. He may find himself a 31 year old free agent WR that nobody wants. Still doesnt explain the anger at the Cardinals though.

6. Given the large number of Drew clients on the team --- does the team draw a hard line and only deal on their terms. Offer a new deal, but no trade. The last thing I would want if I were Rod Graves is Dockett, followed by Watson, followed by........ all pulling the same stunt when they wanted a new deal.

That's a good post. Something to think about.

titan

i hate the farm
Reaction score
totally agree with Scott MS. boldin will always be number 2 now with fitz now elevated to wide receiver god.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I hope the next article is titled:

ESPN: Cards tell Boldin and Agent to "Pound Sand"

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score

You are one seriously smart dude.

There is a clear, huge, Drew-factor here.

I also think there is a clear, huge, Q-ego factor here. He wants to be #1, and with Larry here...he never will be.

Larry is interesting, too. He say's "he loves Q", but is he really saying "I love the fact that they can't double me with Q making them pay, for sure, Q is lauching me into the HOF".

The bottom line, I will be Cardinal fan first, then a Q fan second...

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Isn't this clearly the reason. Boldin was the #1 man, then Fitz showed up, eclipsed him, got tons more money, and Boldin wants the same respect and cash. Unfortunately, Fitz is better and deserves more. Lots of the money disparity stems from the fact that Fitz was #3 overall and Boldin a second rounder. Such is life in the NFL.

It might just be me, but I always have the impression after a big game by Fitz, there is angst about Boldin not getting the ball, why doesn't Kurt like Boldin? etc. It never seems like the vibe is in the air when Q has a big game but Fitz doesn't. I suspect this whole thing was always headed this way, from the moment they drafted Fitz. The train has finally arrived at the station. I hope it gets worked out without some enormous bloodletting. I'd be happy to see Q get paid somewhere else where he can be the undisputed number one, so long as we get some kind of equivalent value in return. Screw it though if Boldin thinks the team is supposed to roll over for him.