Elite Eight!

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Damn that was a good game. I wanted one of those 3s to go in but what can ya do. Great year though, Miller is the man. :)

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From a Sun Devil, you guys had a great run in the tournament. The win over Duke was one of the best performances I've seen from any team all year.

There's no shame in losing to UConn. They were able to force Williams to take too many jump shots I thought. But, in spite of that, I thought that second three at the end of the game looked good all the way and the Cats were going to pull it off.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Great season guys. UConn's problem all year has been inside play and Arizona killed UConn in the paint and on the boards. I really thought UConn was going to lose it. That was a terrific game and it's a shame to see either team lose that one, both teams played their hearts out. As a UConn fan there are two teams that it wouldn't bother me to lose to, Arizona and now Butler if they meet up. Congrats on a great season and Arizona looks like they are regaining their form from the 80's and 90's. A lot to be excited about for you guys.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Good game, but we didn't play nearly as well as we did against Duke. UConn is a good team, but they're not THAT great.

The Bad: UA lost
The Good: I actually had UConn beating UA in my bracket

:D

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just had to say congratulations to the UA basketball team and this is coming from a Sun Devil alum. What a great season.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just got home and I'm damn proud of this team. Thanks Cats for a great season. Miller will have the team back.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
All in all, great year. Expectations exceeded to the nth degree.

If you had told me at the beginning of the season that we'd win the PAC 10, win 30 games, get to the Elite 8 and crush Duke, I would have laughed in your face.

Thanks to Miller and co. for a great season. The bar has undoubtedly been raised

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
What sucks is that I feel we lost to an inferior team. And we even shut down their best player, even though he hit a couple backbreaking shots. Guess you can't ask for much more then two chances at the game winning three with your All American and Lone Senior shooting the ball.

Lamb was a monster and the reason UConn won this game. Only team left I was worried about was KU. Stiull hurts. :(

Proud of the team though. BEARDOWN!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Damn that was a good game. I wanted one of those 3s to go in but what can ya do. Great year though, Miller is the man. :)

The way we were shooting yesterday, the basket seemed to be as small as a wedding ring. Nothing was going in, so those last shots were destined to rim out.

:thud:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
What sucks is that I feel we lost to an inferior team. And we even shut down their best player, even though he hit a couple backbreaking shots. Guess you can't ask for much more then two chances at the game winning three with your All American and Lone Senior shooting the ball.

Lamb was a monster and the reason UConn won this game. Only team left I was worried about was KU. Stiull hurts. :(

Proud of the team though. BEARDOWN!

:(:(:(

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Rough loss, but overall a great season. Expect a monster recruiting run this summer and Arizona to be back in the Elite 8 in 2013 at the absolute latest.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rough loss, but overall a great season. Expect a monster recruiting run this summer and Arizona to be back in the Elite 8 in 2013 at the absolute latest.

It does seem like UA is primed for a big recruiting run and if you believe rumors UCLA might have a pretty good 2012 class lining up if that first kid commits.

It's what the Pac 10(12) needs, see more talent come in and hopefully some of the talent sticks around.

Both UA and UCLA could be preseason top 10 next year if the right kids stay.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All things considered that was a great season.. And there is more to come.. And we beat the absolute dog **** outta Duke.. Im gonna consider this season a huge success.. One of the more enjoyable season from the Wildcats I have ever witnessed..

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
It was fun in that it was the season we established ourselves regionally and nationally as players once again. If you look at Pac-10 history you won't see any coaches that accomplsihed as much in as little time as Miller has done here. Counting Howland, Lute, Monty, Romar Miller is at least a year ahead of of all of them in recruiting, conference success, Tournament success, etc.

But it's also no time to rest on our laurels. Howland and UCLA had a nice bounce back season after their miserable 09/10 campaign and line up to be really good next year assuming little turnover. Washington has gone another step in establishing itself as a consistent force on the West Coast. And Dana Altman and Mike Montgomery showed everyone that despite major roster flaws that they can get the most out of their talent just about every night and look to have two NCAA Tourney teams in March 2012. The cream of the crop has risen again, Miller just needs to do his thing like he has done for years. Bring in really good recruits and mold them into the multi-skilled tough minded players he wants.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But it's also no time to rest on our laurels. Howland and UCLA had a nice bounce back season after their miserable 09/10 campaign and line up to be really good next year assuming little turnover. Washington has gone another step in establishing itself as a consistent force on the West Coast. And Dana Altman and Mike Montgomery showed everyone that despite major roster flaws that they can get the most out of their talent just about every night and look to have two NCAA Tourney teams in March 2012. The cream of the crop has risen again, Miller just needs to do his thing like he has done for years. Bring in really good recruits and mold them into the multi-skilled tough minded players he wants.

FYI press conference in 15 minutes at UCLA, Honeycutt and Howland, expected to announce he's going pro but there's rumors he changed his mind at the last second and that he's staying.

I sort of felt like UCLA would be better off without him, didn't play hard enough, but if he has a new attitude I guess I would welcome him back.

The kid I really worry about is Lee, at UCLA.

For UA I think it's obvious the wait is on Williams staying or going. I hope he stays, it'd be great for the conference.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI press conference in 15 minutes at UCLA, Honeycutt and Howland, expected to announce he's going pro but there's rumors he changed his mind at the last second and that he's staying.

I sort of felt like UCLA would be better off without him, didn't play hard enough, but if he has a new attitude I guess I would welcome him back.

The kid I really worry about is Lee, at UCLA.

For UA I think it's obvious the wait is on Williams staying or going. I hope he stays, it'd be great for the conference.

He is going to be the #1 pick. Stupid to stay. His stock can only go down.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think it's ever stupid to stay in school if you want to.

FYI rumor is Honeycutt is withdrawing from classes and will hire an agent. If true that is stupid, he's not a lock first rounder at all, he really should test the waters without an agent and get more feedback IMHO.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I don't think Williams is a lock at #1, but he should definitely go Top 5. I don't think staying another year will hurt his draft status, especially considering that UA is going to be loaded next season.

The wild card is the potential NBA lockout. If a lockout seems inevitable then a lot of lower classmen will stay who might otherwise have entered the draft.

Just a hunch, I think that Williams declares, but I think there's still a good chance he comes back.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
A lot of usual 'no brainer' to go pro guys are going to have to think real hard this year due to the probable lockout. The obvious guys to leave may well not.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Williams will not be the #1 pick. Top 10 easy likely top 5 but not first overall. That will go to a guy that NBA guys know have a position like Harrison Barnes or Kyrie Irving.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think it's ever stupid to stay in school if you want to.

FYI rumor is Honeycutt is withdrawing from classes and will hire an agent. If true that is stupid, he's not a lock first rounder at all, he really should test the waters without an agent and get more feedback IMHO.

I am shocked by that due to the chance of a lockout. Why not stay in school and not hire an agent and do your homework on the chances of a lockout?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am shocked by that due to the chance of a lockout. Why not stay in school and not hire an agent and do your homework on the chances of a lockout?

Long story short Honeycutt has been gone since the kansas game. Howland was pretty honest with him even he said he doesn't have a first round guarantee. his mom said they hear anywhere from late lottery to late first round. Kansas fooled people, including Tyler himself, into believing he was that kid. He had 1 20+ point game all year, 33 against KU, but since then you could see it on the court he had checked out.

I know the media(Stephen A Smith already) will say he hates howland but his mom posts on BRO and she has categorically denied it, they picked UCLA because she wanted her son to play for Ben. Wanted him to be challenged, knew Ben would make him a better player and person. She said if he goes pro it's because it's the best decision based on information we get, it will not be because of Coach howland.

Ben is not easy to play for but in this case I think Honeycutt was gone as soon as that Kansas game ended.

I hope Williams stays I want to see games with the best players in it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison