Eagles LB Haason Reddick named NFC Defensive Player of the Week

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Look forward to similar threads about Simmons once our braintrust lets him go after next season because after 5 years we still aren't really sure where he fits. Like Reddick he'll go somewhere with a creative defensive mind and flourish. Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat.
Same will happen when we go D with the #3 pick. Joseph will screw with him a few years, he’ll play out his rookie contract and someone will pay him and play him.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m not certain he’s the one who determines what position players play or what defense the DC plays.
But he does at least determine the DC's, and more or less must know the "position" they play to determine the rest of the roster, no?

Or drafted him and shifted away from his natural position.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m not certain he’s the one who determines what position players play or what defense the DC plays.
But he is the guy who determines who is re-signed or not. Obviously, this is one of the biggest blunders during his tenure. To let a 12 sack pass rusher under the age of 27 go for less than $9M a year is crazy. PHI still got him for a song. He will break the bank on his next deal in 2 years.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Become? He was literally THAT good his last year with us wreaked havoc. Yet we still let him walk. And a good amount of people in here we’re totally ok with it lol.
TBH, I don't think he was anywhere close to this good during his last year with us. He did get double-digit sacks that year but 5 of them came from the Giants game. He had no sack recorded in 8 out of 16 games and he wasn't good against runs. But I have to admit that I was wrong about his potential as I did not see him as a top pass-rusher in the league who is worth 15M+ a year.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TBH, I don't think he was anywhere close to this good during his last year with us. He did get double-digit sacks that year but 5 of them came from the Giants game. He had no sack recorded in 8 out of 16 games and he wasn't good against runs. But I have to admit that I was wrong about his potential as I did not see him as a top pass-rusher in the league who is worth 15M+ a year.
Total picture he wreaked havoc outside of that one game. He lead the league in tackles for loss and forced fumbles IIRC. He’s still not great against the run. Honestly who cares? That’s not what you’re paying him for.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Another one that got away. Maybe he’ll win the Super Bowl in Glendale.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He also had 27 tackles for loss. Second highest in the league.

It was the height of stupidity to let him leave, much less on a one year deal that was for pennies on the dollar.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Imagine if we would have kept him and actually utilize him properly. We would finally have decent line backers.

Lets draft a QB and make him a punter..

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reddick's last year with showed he coming in to his own. The get off and speed was crazy good and he was getting better at turning the corner and closing fast. He has proven to be a great pass rusher and game changer.

Not re-signing him may have been Keim's biggest blunder.