Dwight Howard is a Laker

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I rather just let him walk than take this embarrassing return back. It's a near lock those draft picks will be nothing.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Why bother playing the season for the non Heat, Knicks, Lakers, Thunder group? The rest of us have to look forward to signing guys like Luis Scola and Shannon Brown... NBA sucks.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Stern allows this trade, the rest of the league should vote him out.

What a ****ing joke

He can't, unless it doesn't work under the CBA.

The only reason he could veto the CP3 trade was because the league owned the Hornets.

That said, I put nothing past Stern.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
David Stern makes Bud Selig look good.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A jaw dropping bad trade for Orlando. I thought it was bad on the initial reporting when they were getting Pau and Affallo... now instead they are landing Affollo, Al Harrington and Vucevic?

Good lord, they have got to be worst run franchise in the league. The Houston deal was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better for Orlando. Freaking morons.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Magic won't see the Laker pick till, what? 2017? I thought you can't trade a first round 2 years in row. Suns have their next 2 right? What a ****ing joke this trade is.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Hell Dwight Howard for Gortat would have been a coup compared to this deal.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell Dwight Howard for Gortat would have been a coup compared to this deal.

Thing is, Orlando is stupid. They want to suck. The second best chip in the deal isn't even going to them. They didn't want Bynum, because they want picks, crap and to suck into the lottery. Just bizarre.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Thing is, Orlando is stupid. They want to suck. The second best chip in the deal isn't even going to them. They didn't want Bynum, because they want picks, crap and to suck into the lottery. Just bizarre.

Nor the third best chip.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score

Slinslin might like them intentionally blowing games for the high draft pick.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

When was the last time the Lakers made a bad trade? I can't remember.

And why wouldn't the Magic trade for the Rockets' collection of picks and salary dumping? Man.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Slinslin might like them intentionally blowing games for the high draft pick.

Yes, because once they draft in the top five for the next four straight summers, they'll automatically be good.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They were holding out for a year to see if they could get a comically terrible offer?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
When was the last time the Lakers made a bad trade? I can't remember.

They don't need to, when everyone else bends over backwards to give the Lakers great deals. Come to think of it, the Suns did a better job than most in managing to get four picks for Nash. The Suns got practically as much for Nash as the Magic got for Howard!

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They don't need to, when everyone else bends over backwards to give the Lakers great deals. Come to think of it, the Suns did a better job than most in managing to get four picks for Nash. The Suns got practically as much for Nash as the Magic got for Howard!

If all the Magic got were two overpaid role players from Denver, why didn't Denver just get Howard themselves?

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I wonder whether this is partly backlash against Miami Thrice. It's as though other GMs are saying, "What Miami did is bull, and we don't want it to succeed, so let's make another superteam to knock them off, because at least Bryant has earned it. It's not like we're winning a title any time soon anyway, so who cares whether it's the Heat or Lakers?"

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wonder whether this is partly backlash against Miami Thrice. It's as though other GMs are saying, "What Miami did is bull, and we don't want it to succeed, so let's make another superteam to knock them off, because at least Bryant has earned it. It's not like we're winning a title any time soon anyway, so who cares whether it's the Heat or Lakers?"

I have been rooting for Miami because I preferred that their "super team" was constructed by the players as opposed to the Celtics or Lakers whose teams were created by their respective front offices through shady, lopsided trades.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the poster child with what is wrong with the NBA. Why watch next season? It will be Miami and the Lakers and IMO The Suns and Orlando just handed the Lakers another title.

This is the Lakers telling the world.....FU and your no more Super teams. This is simply bad for the NBA.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I rather just let him walk than take this embarrassing return back. It's a near lock those draft picks will be nothing.

Agree. One more year of Howard is better than this joke of a trade.

Seriously, the Nets offer of Brook Lopez and Humphries was a better deal IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
David Stern is like the Sheriff Joe of sports commissioners.
When will someone step in and take out the trash? This league is a completely farce of obvious corruption and blatant marketing agenda's.

The NBA is a joke.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard