Durant to Suns

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even though Crowder wasn’t playing we traded 3 wings for 1. You saw what Denver’s defense did to us essentially forcing Okogie/Warren/Ross/Craig to go 8/42 from 3 that series. If we would’ve had Cam to pose a legitimate threat things might’ve been different. The whole bizarre Crowder saga kinda gets lost in everything now. The last two and soon to be three seasons will have been completely butchered.

You must be registered for see images attach

Its very interesting which one KD is.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We were a year removed from the finals. We were contenders. Maybe we weren't favorites but we most definitely were in the hunt, and young with a ton of assets.
No we weren’t. Not with the current iteration of Paul and Ayton. That time had come and gone.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
the fallacy here is that we still had a window. we were 26-25 when the trade was made and despite having a nice 7-3 run right before the trade, we were trending down long-term because the reality is that our leader/superstar was CP3 and the second he was cooked, so was our window. Especially seeing how much a dog Ayton would become.

Reality is you can't build around Booker unless you bring in an Alpha better than him who can actually control an entire game. We saw that pre-CP3 and we're seeing it post CP3... even with a HOFer next to him.
Borg

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I made up nothing. You started this, again, by chiming in and saying....

And since they had just been to the Finals a year and a half earlier, had all of their key players locked in, and all of their future picks available to them they didn't need to go all in on a very shortsighted move that didn't help them get closer to a championship. But I guess I'm the one looking into a crystal ball, right? You're the one who made the claim that the team that won the Western Conference a year prior was going nowhere and a move HAD to be made.
Dude it was going nowhere as constructed.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude it was going nowhere as constructed.

Maybe we weren't. We don't know. What we do know is we were a half season removed from setting a franchise record for wins. Paul did need replaced but instead of doing that or replacing Ayton we sent off 2 really good young pieces for Chris Paul 2.0 in Durant. Bringing in another 35+ year old to barely keep the window open was a huge mistake. We're no better now than we were when we made the trade. KD didn't fill a hole, he created holes because of what all had to sacrificed.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
IDK, with all the new parts, new coaches, the Western Conference getting tougher, may expectations were always sixth seed. I feel we avoid the play in, and if healthy we have a punchers chance against any team.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This deal has become more in line with the Shaq trade than being the Barkley acquisition.

First year with Shaq, hold things together for half a season and lose to San Antonio in the playoffs. Year two was a mess, idiot head coach and no playoffs.

Suns held it together with KD in year one, fell apart in the playoffs. Year two and they're headed to the play in. Great news is we're stuck paying for KD for next 6 years. No quick solution.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Congrats. I think Durant can takeover games at times but we can’t depend on him to be the savior. Beal and BooK have to assert themselves. He has moments where he is unguardable like CB but thank god nothing like the Shaq trade in terms of where Shaq was at during his career. Shaq had flashes but he was basically done.

Durant on the other hand is going to pass more milestones before he hangs it up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave