Dragic in the Forum Header

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
"Trolling"? Like we're upset that he's now a role player making $25 million a year on a .500 team? I agree it's weird, but I don't consider it "trolling."

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When it is convenient, I'd like to see Devin Booker in the Suns forum header.

Was Dragic there before the changes?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Steve Nash, please.
^this would be most appropriate. We had Larry Fitzgerald up there for ages, now its time to have 2 time MVP Steve Nash up there.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Bump.

Seriously, can we address this, or put up a poll?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the idea of rotating Suns legends. That sounds cool.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The header design was done almost 2 years ago. We are going to have the changed soon.

fatosber

Veteran
Reaction score
The header design was done almost 2 years ago. We are going to have the changed soon.

If you don't have time I can design it for you. I Like Nash or the Rotating Idea... I can also put Booker-Nash-Majerle...

Admin can just let me know if you need a free service.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If you don't have time I can design it for you. I Like Nash or the Rotating Idea... I can also put Booker-Nash-Majerle...

Admin can just let me know if you need a free service.
Yeah something similar to the Cardinals header would be cool.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Nash or Booker would be appropriate for the header.

Either looking back or looking forward.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
What ever happened to Iceman and the other guy who own this site? I don't see them posting much. Did they get bored and move on to something else?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What ever happened to Iceman and the other guy who own this site? I don't see them posting much. Did they get bored and move on to something else?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Shaggy posts on the movie board every so often.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I was listening to John Gambadoro a couple weeks ago, and he says one of the Suns insiders told him it was Goran Dragic, not Jeff Hornacek, that asked for Isaiah Thomas to be traded. Then he said when the Suns were committed to trading Thomas, Dragic went public with his request to be traded. The Suns reached out to Dragic and realized they had to trade Dragic. So he said that whole thing blew up on them. Dragic was one of my favorites, but less so after what Gambo said.

This is conjecture on my part, but maybe Dragic realized playing more two guard was really because of Bledsoe, and not so much Thomas. Maybe that was the change of heart. You know the Suns had to tell Dragic they had a Thomas trade in the works.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was listening to John Gambadoro a couple weeks ago, and he says one of the Suns insiders told him it was Goran Dragic, not Jeff Hornacek, that asked for Isaiah Thomas to be traded. Then he said when the Suns were committed to trading Thomas, Dragic went public with his request to be traded. The Suns reached out to Dragic and realized they had to trade Dragic. So he said that whole thing blew up on them. Dragic was one of my favorites, but less so after what Gambo said.

This is conjecture on my part, but maybe Dragic realized playing more two guard was really because of Bledsoe, and not so much Thomas. Maybe that was the change of heart. You know the Suns had to tell Dragic they had a Thomas trade in the works.

If true, this fits my theory the Suns had already committed to trading IT when Dragic demanded a trade. No wonder McDonough was furious.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yeah, supposedly McDonough's brother said he was forced into the trade, and that he really likes IT. He supposedly regrets that trade the most, according to his brother. I heard that on the radio here during an interview with one of his brothers. That whole family is amazing in the top jobs they hold. Their dad was a famous, too.

"McDonough is also the son of Boston Globe columnist writer Will McDonough, as well as the brother of ESPN/Monday Night Football sportscaster and former Boston Red Sox sportscaster Sean McDonough and current Arizona Cardinals vice president of player personnel Terry McDonough.[3] Ryan is also married to Valerie as of July 24, 2015.[4] - From Wikipedia"

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If true, this fits my theory the Suns had already committed to trading IT when Dragic demanded a trade. No wonder McDonough was furious.
I think most of that was known at the time. Dragic had just had his most successful season of his NBA career and actually liked Bledsoe and that combo. The Suns record that season with both Dragic and Bledsoe together was like 19-6 or something like that.

Then despite Dragic and Bledsoe's success, the Suns went and signed and drafted PGs (Thomas & Ennis) and I think that pissed off Dragic and he was even quoted later on in the season as saying how he hated playing SF and that he didn't like the 3 PG lineup. Dragic was always a poor defender so it made sense why he would hate playing SF cause that would make him even worse. Also dragic was gonna be a free agent so he knew he would lose touches to Thomas and Bledsoe and that wouldn't help him much on his next contract. Bledsoe didn't care about this because the Suns had just signed him to a long term extension for near max money.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think most of that was known at the time. Dragic had just had his most successful season of his NBA career and actually liked Bledsoe and that combo. The Suns record that season with both Dragic and Bledsoe together was like 19-6 or something like that.

Then despite Dragic and Bledsoe's success, the Suns went and signed and drafted PGs (Thomas & Ennis) and I think that pissed off Dragic and he was even quoted later on in the season as saying how he hated playing SF and that he didn't like the 3 PG lineup. Dragic was always a poor defender so it made sense why he would hate playing SF cause that would make him even worse. Also dragic was gonna be a free agent so he knew he would lose touches to Thomas and Bledsoe and that wouldn't help him much on his next contract. Bledsoe didn't care about this because the Suns had just signed him to a long term extension for near max money.

I figured you would edit Ulis out of the equation. :)

IMO, the Suns traded for IT because he was was an absolute steal on a bargain contract. Tyler Ennis was a threat to no one. I think the Suns were looking for an opportunity to trade him.

I do think Dragic wanted to be the primary ballhandler thus his desire for a trade.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson