Draft Strategy

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’m starting to really like Darishaw.

But, if they draft him, play him at tackle. That’s his position. Don’t draft guys to change their position.
I hate that strategy and it doesn’t work. See, Reddick and Buccannon.

Historically it works well with OLs. It’s not at all uncommon to start college OTs at guard.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The problem with Hilton is the Colts like him and they have serious money. I think he’ll cost $8-10 mil
and that is the question as it would be the top of what we would want to spend. In this offseason, I am going to push back a little and say I am projecting him at the 5-8 range. We will see. A very unique offseason.

In regards to the Colts, I do wonder if they go after a Kenny Golladay or JuJu to get a little younger and more physical along with Pittman heading into year 2.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about John Ross' hands. He seems to have a lot of drops. I may be wrong. I like Linsley at C.
Ross is a dart throw. Betting on the talent that got him drafted high and hoping some of his failure in Cincy was due to Cincy.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those 3 should be gone by 16. I don’t put him ahead of those 3, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see him become the biggest impact player of the group because of his versatility. He’s not as fast and doesn’t run the best routes but he will improve in that area. He likely produces the best YAC and on running plays, like jet sweeps, he can impact a game in the most ways. If Kingsbury is truly creative, this guy can do things the others can’t. Don’t let his size fool you, he’s tough to tackle. He is an impact player whose game fits the Cards well. He’s not a speed receiver but he will drive defenses crazy if we’ll used.

Yeah he's great after the catch or on runs I agree, I was just trying to clarify what you meant. I do like him..

thanks

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Got an email on why I took Surtain before Farley. Actually I have Farley rated as slightly stronger with a little higher ceiling. I put Surtain on top for 2 reasons. First Legacy players are always the safer choice when choosing between 2 relatively equal prospects. Second Surtain has the higher floor. We’ve seen more of him against top competition. I’m not certain he’s a Pro Bowl player but he should be a starter for quite a few years. Ceiling issues tell me both these players may top out as solid number 2 corners but both have a chance to be number 1 corners. Farley has a slightly better chance of being a number 1, but he also has a higher bust factor.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA