Draft - one week out - what do the Cardinals do with #4?

What do the Cards do with #4

• Keep - select other (specify in post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That mock looks a lot like worst case scenario. If we did this trade, I’d want to outbid green at for 9 and still get Odunze.

In this scenario I think the Falcons would be a prime trade partner. Falcons are trade back and get one of the top 2 edge guys, likely still have choice of both.

That's probably more likely than them sticking at 11, but I wanted to float that idea because it's not a given they will do what we think.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Listening to Schrager, he says the Giants really are interested in QBs. They met with McCarthy twice.

I just don't see it. Partly because Jones contract situation, although there is an argument they sit a guy to develop, but also, maybe mainly so, does drafting JJ mcCarthy not feel like drafting Danny Jones again?

If they are going to move on from Danny Jones it doesn't seem wise to draft another guy that could well be Danny Jones adjacent.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I just don't see it. Partly because Jones contract situation, although there is an argument they sit a guy to develop, but also, maybe mainly so, does drafting JJ mcCarthy not feel like drafting Danny Jones again?
LOL you don't have to see it.

Jones was an absolute trainwreck last year. And it isn't the first time he has been. The GM and coaching staff are "save their job" mode.

Granted it could be that the Giants are also trying to get in the trade derby themselves.
If they are going to move on from Danny Jones it doesn't seem wise to draft another guy that could well be Danny Jones adjacent.
Jones didn't have the "winner" pedigree that McCarthy has.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There's certainly no scenario he goes top 10 in this year's draft.
He isn't in Alt's class, so he probably wouldn't have. Alt is probably the only OT going in the top ten this year.

Paris is still the best OT prospect the Cardinals have had since they came to Arizona and I'm glad to have him.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Interesting that Cowherd is saying that Arizona with 11 draft picks will be the most improved team coming out of the draft. One of his 4 takes on the draft. Fwiw...

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He isn't in Alt's class, so he probably wouldn't have. Alt is probably the only OT going in the top ten this year.

Paris is still the best OT prospect the Cardinals have had since they came to Arizona and I'm glad to have him.
I'd guestimate he goes in the later 20s in this draft. Maybe early twenties or late teens. Not a knock on him--there are a ton of talented OTs this year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'd guestimate he goes in the later 20s in this draft. Maybe early twenties or late teens. Not a knock on him--there are a ton of talented OTs this year.
I like Paris more than Latham. I like him as a pure tackle more than Fuaga, who some teams think will really struggle some with complete pass rushers at the NFL level. I like him more than Mims.

Id probably put Alt and Fashanu over him and that's it.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Or a best case scenario. You could still trade back up to the 8-9 range and still get Odunze, while the price to move back up is much lower.
I like this strategy and I think this is what we may see. Odunze and Nabers are both damn close to Harrison, and I think any of the 3 are worthy first rounders - so I'd like to see them load up and grab one of the other 2.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Interesting that Cowherd is saying that Arizona with 11 draft picks will be the most improved team coming out of the draft. One of his 4 takes on the draft. Fwiw...
Hopefully not a patented "Cowherd kiss of death". But I have a lot of faith in the front office - they've knocked it out of the park thus far, including the immediate culture change throughout the organization, especially in the locker room.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
hey monti - just don't trade another rookie of the year away again - mhj ftw - after that go nuts brochacho - move up move down - idc

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Paris more than Latham. I like him as a pure tackle more than Fuaga, who some teams think will really struggle some with complete pass rushers at the NFL level. I like him more than Mims.

Id probably put Alt and Fashanu over him and that's it.

Same.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If only the FO had known in advance and been able to prepare for that

Yeah, lots of starting calibre QB's just hanging around for peanuts.

I guess they could have blown $10m on someone like Brissett so they could snaffle another win or two just to keep you happy.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Hopefully not a patented "Cowherd kiss of death". But I have a lot of faith in the front office - they've knocked it out of the park thus far, including the immediate culture change throughout the organization, especially in the locker room.
Most improved doesn't necessarily mean good just better. It could mean going from 30th to 18th. That said, I expect 5-7 solid starters from this draft. Most excited I've been for a draft in forever.