Draft : I've got a bad feeling

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
That we don't take a quarterback at all. If we do, it'll be a later round qb that none of us have talked about. I hope I'm wrong. After spending $20 million on Bradford their banking on him to stay healthy for 2 years.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That we don't take a quarterback at all. If we do, it'll be a later round qb that none of us have talked about. I hope I'm wrong. After spending $20 million on Bradford their banking on him to stay healthy for 2 years.

I'd say they can't be that stupid, but after ignoring the glaring holes at WR/CB the last two off-seasons... and ignoring the QB position for the last FOUR, they certainly can be that stupid.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say they can't be that stupid, but after ignoring the glaring holes at WR/CB the last two off-seasons... and ignoring the QB position for the last FOUR, they certainly can be that stupid.
Let's hope not. How can they ignore the QBOTF in this draft? Glaring need for sure.

They can't be thinking that we can build with who we have at QB? I'm not as down on Bradford as some on here, but he's definitely not the piece to rely on and build with for the future.

Last edited:

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
We'll get a QB BUT it will be either White or Lauletta. We have more pressing needs in the first. WR or Corner.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Wide receiver is a must!

but there really isnt a first round wr in this draft.... lots of good solid second and third round guys... but the first round talent is a bit scarce this year at wr... Moore, Ridley and Sutton all have some warts in their game that would push them out of the first in most drafts,... but they just happen to be the best available this year

Grabbing kirk, st brown, miller in the second, or chark, gallup or washington in the third still gets us a very talented WR with negligible drop off... there are lots of WR's in this draft so there is no need to get thirsty and over draft a guy in the first round

it honestly wouldnt make sense to go wr in round one... corner for sure...I dont like small guys, but Jackson or Oliver would be good picks... Jackson at 15 and Oliver with a trade back

keep your eye on Kevin Toliver II from LSU around the fourth round...dude is a legit first round talent corner... but he has some attitude issues...if our new coach really is a DB whisperer that could be a steal of a pick

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
As we get closer to draft night, I'm unfortunately believing that we're going to sell the farm for a QB, but I do hope it's a smokescreen.

I don't see any way we walk out of this draft without a QB in the top 3 rounds. Hopefully enough to be able to back away from our investment if we end up with the #1 overall pick next year and "the right guy" is staring us in the face.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
As we get closer to draft night, I'm unfortunately believing that we're going to sell the farm for a QB, but I do hope it's a smokescreen.

I don't see any way we walk out of this draft without a QB in the top 3 rounds. Hopefully enough to be able to back away from our investment if we end up with the #1 overall pick next year and "the right guy" is staring us in the face.
Even with Glennon possibly starting 16 games after Bradford goes down in preseason, this team is not built to tank for 1st overall pick. Too much character and talent. Fitz and DJ alone will win us a few games, as well as our stout defense. We went 8-8 without our best weapon DJ and two bottom level QBs running the show. Top 10 pick is possible, but unless everything breaks down I don't see us picking top 5 anytime soon.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Even with Glennon possibly starting 16 games after Bradford goes down in preseason, this team is not built to tank for 1st overall pick. Too much character and talent. Fitz and DJ alone will win us a few games, as well as our stout defense. We went 8-8 without our best weapon DJ and two bottom level QBs running the show. Top 10 pick is possible, but unless everything breaks down I don't see us picking top 5 anytime soon.
WE went 7-8-1 with DJ playing at a record pace and Carson Palmer starting 15 games. We're less talented than that team.

Also, we gutted our defense.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest... I don't have a bad feeling. I just kinda have NO feeling.

We're in no man's land talent wise.

We're in no man's land draft wise.

And unfortunately, I feel like we're kinda in no man's land coaching wise. That's not to say I think Wilks will be a bad coach. I just don't know WHAT kind of coach he'll be.

This team is stuck in sports purgatory and it has been for the last two years going into this one.

Just a big ball of meh.

OP
OP
P

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
I'm loading up a case of beer for tomorrow, this should be interesting! :band:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yeah, #1 was hyperbole, but I wouldn't be shocked if we end up with a top 5.

I think our defense is talented, but will be in transition as we learn a new scheme and figure out who is actually suited for it. Same concept with the offense. I don't think Bradford is horrible, I think DJ is awesome, but Arians and Palmer were two of the most important players to building the team's identity over the past few years, and they're gone. Buying into Wilks is going to work for some players, and not for others.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'll be honest... I don't have a bad feeling. I just kinda have NO feeling.

We're in no man's land talent wise.

We're in no man's land draft wise.

And unfortunately, I feel like we're kinda in no man's land coaching wise. That's not to say I think Wilks will be a bad coach. I just don't know WHAT kind of coach he'll be.

This team is stuck in sports purgatory and it has been for the last two years going into this one.

Just a big ball of meh.

Cards have been stuck on 'Castaway Island' like Tom Hanks since their inception. Without a soccer ball to even talk to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard