Doug & Wolf

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
All I know is this... I wish Wolfley was young again and we could have him as a short yardage back because we currently lack one :)

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang, I missed it. (I start work at 7:15.)

Doug is bad, IMHO. Comes across as a know-it-all. And, yes, Wolfley can be over the top sometimes, but I don't mind it so much.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doug is bad, IMHO. Comes across as a know-it-all. And, yes, Wolfley can be over the top sometimes, but I don't mind it so much.

I agree. I can handle Wolfley in small doses. He's a colorful guy who is passionate about the Cardinals.

I'm surprised it took this long for Wolf to get angry. Doug is constantly taking little jabs at him.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just listened to the segment. Wowza. Doug telling Wolf to relax was lame as well. (No one really means "relax" when they say "relax." They mean "settle the heck down.")

And to go on and say that Wold's comments were immature and unprofessional? Yikes.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Bring back Gambo and Ash

They were fun to listen to during the afternoon

And Chuck and Vince. Make THEM the morning show. And somehow lure MJ over to re-team with Bickley. And then 98.7's dominance would be complete.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Doug is truly horrendous. He brings zero and I mean NOTHING to sports talk radio. He is expert at one thing - pushing Wolf's buttons. Wolf can be over the top and his schtick can get old, but Doug's is even older and way more irritating to me... These two will not be together much longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Here is the thing: doug was right. The Raiders brand is a complete joke now. It no longer represents the hard nosed and the working class sports fans. It represents the poor, the ignorant, and the criminal. And a lot of those have already joined the Niners bandwagon.

AzCardzFan

Veteran
Reaction score
I am not sure Wolf is cut out to be a SPORTS radio show host, maybe if it was only about Football he would be better but when the conversation transitions to basketball or baseball Wolf sounds like he is lost and try's to tie everything back to Football. Also, he states multiple times that he has "yet to watch the game"? What?!? You are an analyst and you aren't watching every game related to AZ sports? I think he should be replaced.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Wolf and the fact that he knows lots of people in the sports industry and gets them on as guests. I felt that Doug was way out of line by basically referring to Wolf as being stupid: "its above you". I think Doug is obnoxious and arrogant towards Wolf. I would enjoy the show more if he was replaced.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think Wolf is a blowhard who almost never knows what he's talking about. His Hardy Brown takes were ALWAYS complete and utter organization mouth of sauron crap. Guy was pimping Langston Moore over Dansby... because Dansby wanted a new contract and we weren't giving it to him... and then Moore didn't even make the regular season cut.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Please please please please replaced them with Chuck & Vince!!!

Is Doug going to be the Pantera call out tomorrow?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I like Burns & Gambo. They have excellent chemistry together and good sources. I like Bickley/MJ too.

I wish Chuck Powell would have a consistent segment because he's really talented and funny.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Please please please please replaced them with Chuck & Vince!!!

We could get rid of all these other shows if we did that. None of them would be even close to Chuck & Vince.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like Burns & Gambo. They have excellent chemistry together and good sources. I like Bickley/MJ too.

I wish Chuck Powell would have a consistent segment because he's really talented and funny.

The public can't handle Chuck. He's sort of the Norm MacDonald of local radio.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think Wolf is a blowhard who almost never knows what he's talking about. His Hardy Brown takes were ALWAYS complete and utter organization mouth of sauron crap. Guy was pimping Langston Moore over Dansby... because Dansby wanted a new contract and we weren't giving it to him... and then Moore didn't even make the regular season cut.

This. It's why he always goes back to his go to ("when I played the game"). He uses his own experience to justify his knowledge but I have heard more crap come out of his mouth over the years versus just about any sports radio guy in the valley.