Dopesick

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is as haunting as any limited series as I can ever remember. It’s all about how Purdue Pharmaceuticals began the oxy epidemic, told from every angle... the Sackler family at the head of Purdue, the DEA, doctors, patients, sales reps.

All-star cast. Michael Keaton has never been better, Will Poulter, Rosario Dawson, and Michael Stuhlbarg playing Richard Sackler as one of the country’s most insidious and unknown monsters this country has ever seen. And character actors up and down the board.

It’s incredibly well done. Think of the tone of a SPOTLIGHT, but instead of a scathing rebuke of the Catholic Church, it’s about the opioid epidemic and a 7 hour TV version that really gets in the weeds.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As an addictions and trauma therapist, I really need to see this.

I’d be really curious to hear your thoughts. For the laymen, it was a heartbreaking/infuriating watch. Wondering if it’s authenticity is felt the same by someone who works in the arena.

You’re doing God’s work, Stout. Very few careers more noble/important than yours.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I’d be really curious to hear your thoughts. For the laymen, it was a heartbreaking/infuriating watch. Wondering if it’s authenticity is felt the same by someone who works in the arena.

You’re doing God’s work, Stout. Very few careers more noble/important than yours.
I hope they focus in and around West Virginia for some scenes of the effects, because, believe it or not, that's where it's worst in the world.

And thanks, man. I'm helping my fellow vets, and that's important. Also, working for the VA is very nice for a social worker. Love what I'm doing!

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope they focus in and around West Virginia for some scenes of the effects, because, believe it or not, that's where it's worst in the world.

And thanks, man. I'm helping my fellow vets, and that's important. Also, working for the VA is very nice for a social worker. Love what I'm doing!

Most of it revolves around the people of Virginia and West Virginia as the casualties of the Sackler family’s lust for greed above all else.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
A really well done and riveting show. The cast is fantastic. Quite a testament to how screwed up this country is politically.

Stout

Reaction score
Hulu pretty much carried me through the fall with this show, Wu Tang, and Only Murders.
Fair enough. Every once in a while I'll get on there, but I stick with cable, Netflix, and Amazon mostly. Hulu never had any "can't do without" shows for me. Problem is, I'm out of options for free trials lol

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fair enough. Every once in a while I'll get on there, but I stick with cable, Netflix, and Amazon mostly. Hulu never had any "can't do without" shows for me. Problem is, I'm out of options for free trials lol
I switched to Hulu Live w/ Disney+ awhile ago.

I get a “cable lite” offering w/ Hulu original content, Disney+, and ESPN+ for $80/mo.

Stout

Reaction score
I switched to Hulu Live w/ Disney+ awhile ago.

I get a “cable lite” offering w/ Hulu original content, Disney+, and ESPN+ for $80/mo.
I've yet to find an acceptable cloud/DVR service and an interface with an actual freaking remote. Plus, I'm not paying for cable atm as I'm not in my own place :)

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Thru two episodes and it’s really good. Feel like it’s going to be a hard watch in a good way.

The Purdue Pharma doc on Amazon is good too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose