Donaghy bet on about 14 games he worked in 2006-07

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/10831098

"The government's investigation revealed that Donaghy provided picks for anywhere from 30 to 40 such games for each of those three seasons. During the 2006-2007 season (the time period charged in the information), Donaghy bet on approximately 30 games, including about 14 games that he refereed."

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
I like how just about everybody feels sorry us (Suns fans) because of the last 2 playoffs. 1st, you have this jackass reffing the win for the Spurs, then the suspensions of last year and lack of consistency (see Boston-Atlanta game).

OP
OP
Cheesewater

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
I hope there are some Suns fans in whatever minimum security country club Doh!-naghy gets sent to.

Errntknght

Reaction score
What I'd like to see is a complete list of all the recommendations he made to other bettors and how they worked out vs. the betting line for those games. The premise behind those recommendations is that a number of referees do have a significant, predictable influence on game scores. It doesn't necessarily mean they are biased - if, for example, the bets were only made on the total points scored. On the other hand, if all the data were available one might be able to conclude that certain referees are indeed biased for or against particular teams - and biased to the point that other referees were aware of it.

One thing I'd bet on is that if the NBA can prevent it, that information will never be made public.

Bong

Registered
Reaction score
I have seen many Suns games in which it I knew for certain that the refs were going to make sure that we didn't win including post-season. Its embarassing for the league that they allowed this to happen.

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
I have seen many Suns games in which it I knew for certain that the refs were going to make sure that we didn't win including post-season. Its embarassing for the league that they allowed this to happen.

Yeah, cause one ref can make sure an entire team wins or loses a game or a series of games. :rolleyes:

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yeah, cause one ref can make sure an entire team wins or loses a game or a series of games. :rolleyes:
He is a Spurs troll hiding inside the closet.

And BTW, one **** is good enough to screw the whole game.

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
He is a Spurs troll hiding inside the closet.

And BTW, one **** is good enough to screw the whole game.

Yes. I'm the scary troll you mothers warned you about. :eek:

Yes, 1 ref can blow an entire game. Riiiigght. :rolleyes:

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
I would say that basketball has to be easiest game to manipulate because "non-calls" are so important.

I watched the last Jazz Lakers game at a bar, so I had a chance to ask a several people without a rooting interest about a play. Kobe was on the sidelines being trapped. It appeared he changed his pivot foot at least three times and eventually was bailed out with a foul call. It was a key play in an extremely close game because the Lakers had nothing going on and ended up with 2 points.

Ignore the conspiracy theories. I don't care if LA is vastly bigger market than Salt Lake City nor do I cane that Kobe is MVP. I just want to know what are the traveling rules and why this was't traveling.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would say that basketball has to be easiest game to manipulate because "non-calls" are so important.

I watched the last Jazz Lakers game at a bar, so I had a chance to ask a several people without a rooting interest about a play. Kobe was on the sidelines being trapped. It appeared he changed his pivot foot at least three times and eventually was bailed out with a foul call. It was a key play in an extremely close game because the Lakers had nothing going on and ended up with 2 points.

Ignore the conspiracy theories. I don't care if LA is vastly bigger market than Salt Lake City nor do I cane that Kobe is MVP. I just want to know what are the traveling rules and why this was't traveling.

Kobe clearly traveled, but I'm not sure if he was fouled before that happened so it may have been a sort of make up non-call.

BTW: I can't fathom how the refs miss so many calls *on the ball*. Perhaps the game is so fast that they predict what will happen and when something different happens they don't notice because they are not expecting it. Perhaps the camera view makes it far easier for us to catch bad calls. Perhaps the refs are simply worthless.

Last edited:

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Another link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3400551

Incredibly Donaghy was the only source inside the NBA involved. :rolleyes:
Exactly.
When was the last time anybody killed just one cockroach in a building...and never spot another again ?
It doesn't happen.
Isolated my ass.
-----------------------
Steroids in baseball: Blown up and being dealt with.
Spygate in NFL: Slap on the wrist and trying to cover and smother as we
speak.
NBA official caught betting/influencing game's:Covered & smothered.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard