Dockett sounds unhappy on Twitter

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
Lots of tweets today. He sounds unhappy about his contract and gripes about "cheap franchises". This started yesterday when he heard two radio guys say he was one of the top 5 defensive linemen in the league.

http://twitter.com/ddockett

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
This is for Dockett :moon:

Did I mention I don't like him on Cardinals anymore...? Can we trade him?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What's up with Twitter as the main interface for athletes?

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's up with Twitter as the main interface for athletes?

I'm waiting for the day -- and you know it's coming -- when an athlete claims Twitter misquoted them.

Dockett has a great story. So does Boldin, for that matter. Both of them have to get over the fact they opted for long-term security over short-term leverage, and it's nobody's fault but their own (and their agents') that they are now being paid under market value.

I'd trade both of them and cash in on a BUNCH of draft picks. Dockett will have to be replaced somehow (especially with Antonio Smith gone), but I think there's enough production on the team at receiver to live without Boldin. Lesser production for sure, but enough production. They need to shift that offense to more balance, anyway, with or without Kurt Warner. Save the wide open stuff for the first and fourth quarters.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Misguided anger Darnell, look in the mirror or call up your "super agent".

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
All I care about is what he does between the white lines.

If he is so interested in money he should be doing everything to increase his value. Talking bad about a franchise doesn't help.

Whatever, Dockett being Dockett he speaks his mind no matter what.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
What concerns me is that this seems to continue to be a constant for the Cards if you read between the lines. Leonard Davis said that things went badly in negotiations. Antonio Smith mentioned that he knew "this" was coming for awhile.

Now we have Boldin and Dockett singing similar songs and Dansby talking about testing the free agency waters.

If this were any other franchise I wouldn't be that concerned but with the Cards history you have to wonder.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
BTW:

How do you know this is actually DD?

Twitter says Duckjake has already been taken as a user name and both my AOL email addresses as well.

Looks like Twitter maybe headed in the same direction as Craigslist aka Crookslist.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Twitter is like one big attack on my senses.... How in the hell does anyone read that place???

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Twitter is like one big attack on my senses.... How in the hell does anyone read that place???
:yeahthat:

I agree that Dockett made his bed, but Graves surely isn't helping matters by saying the the economy is keeping the team from shelling out more dough.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't get you guys who immediately want to trade every player who would like a new contract. What, is this winning thing getting old already?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
What concerns me is that this seems to continue to be a constant for the Cards if you read between the lines. Leonard Davis said that things went badly in negotiations. Antonio Smith mentioned that he knew "this" was coming for awhile.

Now we have Boldin and Dockett singing similar songs and Dansby talking about testing the free agency waters.

If this were any other franchise I wouldn't be that concerned but with the Cards history you have to wonder.

True, but in saying that they have gone and resigned some players to make sure they stay around.

Why sign Boldin before Fitzgerald ?

Why sign Dockett instead of Wilson ?

Why give money to anyone before giving money to Kurt Warner?

The constant complaining and whining makes it easier in my opinion.

Boldin and Dockett have complained about thier contracts when there is a substantial amount of year left on the current deals. Many people agree the Cardinals are doing the correct thing in both situation.

Why rush to re-sign a guy that might turn around no less than a year later and complain about the contract they JUST resigned a year ago ?

Seriously, the point is being lost with both players. Instead of having a justifiable complaint, the more they whine to the media the more it will just sound like they are whiners. What stops you from thinking: "If they are going to whine about a contract they have 3 or 2 years left on, what will stop them from whining the year after signing a new contract for 4 years. No matter what they are going to moan and complain so why bother"

In Dockett's case ? I am more concerned about re-signing Gabe Watson then dealing with Dockett next offseason, and I believe the Cardinals will be as well.

Just like with Boldin, we better just get used to hearing Dockett complain about this and that. The more both of them complain the less I seem to care about it, and less everyone seems to care about it.

OmeneX

\m/___\m/
Reaction score
I'm turning in my DD jersey. Some of you must not be reading, or comprehending what kind of person DD is showing himself to be, outside of our "teams" win/loss record. The Cards' record be damned if it means the vindication of one man's ego. It's total BS to tolerate this kind of attitude.

Did you read how he doesn't mind that our economy is in the toilet vs his paycheck? Or anything else that this self serving p***k spews? Millions of people across this nation love this sport and it's players, and these are the best or encouraging responces we can expect back from someone like him? And! We tolerate it, thanks to a couple of sacks here and there once in awhile? I'll keep my pride in exchange for some sacks from one man on a 100 yards of grass, thank you very much. No way will I ever respect a man like him for whatever reason.

Take your millions for supposedly playing a sport you, we, and I love and teabag yourself with them DD.

Cannot believe that few people are reading between the lines of his asinine comments. I know that Pro Footballers can be this way or think this way (mostly in private), but at least have the decency to temper it down a notch. Football is entertainment for us ground dwelling peons. Not some damn throne you sit on to crush us underfoot with, when all we want is to cheer you on like some damn hero DD. Isn't that enough respect, admiration and money, for your big, million dollar making, not really a real job playing, making it *RAIN* arse?

Give me a break.

Down with DD. How lame.

You should read, and I mean really read and comprehend what he puts on twitter. It's hard as a person with morals and common decency to understand just what kinda of person he is. But, he really is that kinda person. The crappy kind.

Last edited:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Same Old Same Old...

Can you imagine any high-profile player who'd say publically "I'm really really happy about my current contract and I don't want any additional dollars?"

His agent would crucify him.

Dockett isn't saying anything that other players around the league aren't saying when it's "posturing time."

The Cardinals are doing what cap facts of life dictate they do - Carve up the cap pie in a fashion that enables them to satisfy as many players they want to keep as possible.

I know it's not likely to happen but I truly wish one team does the following - at least on a trial basis:

(1) Get all the players & their agents in one room, (2) give them access to the total amount of cap dollars the League allows the team to have and then (3) tell them: "You figure out how you want to carve up the pie."

Although this is already being done on an informal micro level (i.e. Kurt and Fitz saying they're willing to accept reductions if it means keeping their battery-mate Anquan Boldin), it would be both helpful (& probably quite amusing) to let the players themselves figure out how much they want their teammates to earn.

Until the players at least have some say in this, there will always be Dansby, Dockett and Boldin controversies each year.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What I dont understand is why any of you are surprised by anything he has said or done yesterday. Dockett's been exactly the same guy his entire career. The man works his tail off and produces on the field. Really that is all you can hope for from most of these guys. Adrian Wilson and Fitzgerald are exceptions to the rule when it comes to brains, integrity and class. His attitude, mentality and persona were the reasons he was available in the 3rd round even though on the field he was a 1st round pick.

Sometimes you just gotta take things for what they are and appreciate the good parts.

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
What I dont understand is why any of you are surprised by anything he has said or done yesterday. Dockett's been exactly the same guy his entire career. Thats why he was available in the 3rd round even though on the field he was a 1st round pick.

In the end, this is football and in football Adrian Wilson and Fitzgerald are exceptions to the rule when it comes to brains, integrity and class.

I echo those exact statements.

cgolden

Registered
Reaction score
He's venting and running his mouth (errr fingers) but he's also pretty much said that he's going to be there for camp.....which is the only thing that matters.

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Lots of tweets today. He sounds unhappy about his contract and gripes about "cheap franchises". This started yesterday when he heard two radio guys say he was one of the top 5 defensive linemen in the league.

http://twitter.com/ddockett

There are folks out there that will never be convinced that the Cards have changed in their eyes we will always be "cheap", no matter what DD has to say on a web site. the same way there will be the crowd that can't spell Bidwill correctly and don't use the correct logo.

I recently just got my usual off-season pep talk from a co-worker, I'm sure you have all heard a variation. As he, granted not a fan, was telling me....Don't worry, they'll do better next year....

Though I will admit to a sweet moment of football glee as I responded, “You do know what they will be accomplishing when they do "better" don't you?” DD can spew all the crap he wants, he only sounds the fool doing so. Cause guys remember, The Arizona Cardinals played in a Superbowl :) Go on chime in who is still smiling? I plan to wear mine, without complaint, right up until we go back to work in Flagstaff.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Money....Money....Money.....

REALITY CHECK: IF YOU ARE BLESSED with a GOD-GIVEN talent that pays you MORE money than most of us can even conceive. ...And you get to bond with GREAT guys and build life-lasting friendships & memories. ...And you get the adoration of many and the hero-worship of young children. (...AND did I mention BEAUTIFUL women scream your name) ...BUT, it's NOT enough?? SAD!! Just plain, ol' fashioned....SAD! :sad: BUT, WELCOME to 2009 where sadly so many have their "values" skewered by the "I WANT"-syndrome. It's learning to be content & appreciative of what you have that's really "priceless". The world NEEDS MORE Jim Skane's!! :)

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm with you, Angel...

I've been PROUDLY wearing my ARIZONA CARDINALS WEST DIVISION CHAMPION (A Christmas present from my brother) around Mt. Pleasant, S.C. I get "looks" from time-to-time. The kinduv'....Cardinals???? BUT, man, I feel GREAT wearing it! GO CARDS!!:D

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are folks out there that will never be convinced that the Cards have changed in their eyes we will always be "cheap", no matter what DD has to say on a web site.

When your GM goes out and publicly says that people aren't getting more money because your team doesn't have enough what do you expect people to say? You will be called either cheap or poor and neither can be construed as a good thing.

REALITY CHECK: IF YOU ARE BLESSED with a GOD-GIVEN talent that pays you MORE money than most of us can even conceive. ...And you get to bond with GREAT guys and build life-lasting friendships & memories. ...And you get the adoration of many and the hero-worship of young children. (...AND did I mention BEAUTIFUL women scream your name) ...BUT, it's NOT enough?? SAD!! Just plain, ol' fashioned....SAD! :sad: BUT, WELCOME to 2009 where sadly so many have their "values" skewered by the "I WANT"-syndrome. It's learning to be content & appreciative of what you have that's really "priceless". The world NEEDS MORE Jim Skane's!! :)

C'mon and be realistic. Those arguements hold no water for me. First off, when did NFL players become better "guys" than any other guys? Even if they were, why would they give up money to work with cool guy? I wonder what my wife would say if I came home and told her I just took a paycut so that I could work with cooler guys. How many fans and hot women and great guys are gonna be taking care of these players when they are 50 yrs old, disabled and no longer famous? Since when did the 20 yr old lust of beautiful women and the adoration of kids who have since gown up paid anyone's medical bills???? Are you going to help Dockett get up his stairs when he's retired? These guys are giving up decades of quality of life and have a small window of time to make as much money to take care of them and their family as possible. How many 60 and 70 yr old former football players do you know that can walk on their own?

I dont blame any of them for maximizing their profit. I do blame them for going about it in a childish and and idiotic way.

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
When your GM goes out and publicly says that people aren't getting more money because your team doesn't have enough what do you expect people to say? You will be called either cheap or poor and neither can be construed as a good thing.

That they are realistic? Times are bad. And no it is not a good thing.

I dont blame any of them for maximizing their profit. I do blame them for going about it in a childish and and idiotic way..

Neither do I. I also agree that they should all limit the pouty kid antics. There must be a dignified way to work the system.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson