Do you think the reffing was fair in games 1 & 2 (overall)

Do you think the officiating was even in games 1 & 2?

• I'm a Suns fan & I think it was pretty even

Votes: 55 67.1%
  • I'm a Suns fan & I think it went in favor of the Spurs

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • I'm a Spurs fan & I think it was pretty even

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • I'm a Spurs fan & I realize I don't belong here, sorry

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question posed in another thread...

I think all in all, it was pretty even. There were blown calls both ways, there were make-ups both ways. I'm not that great at spotting things, however, so I realize my opinion might be wrong.

What do you guys think?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was very even. These people that are complaining need to look inside themselves for another reason to blame the Suns for losing. (they aren't hard to find either)

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
You can't blame refs for our two loses. We have nobody to blame but our players and coaching staff.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for giving me an option. :trout:

nowagimp

Reaction score
game 2 was much better than game one, very few awarded flops, missed calls. Overall a few were missed, but those were on both sides. The suns clearly blew game 2 themselves and were outplayed badly. You really cant say losers complain about calls, the champs do it on every play, and by definition they are not losers are they?

Referee

Reaction score
The Great Egyptian Pharoah Dick Baveta, and the Capo di tutti capi, the man who made his bones when the rest of you were boinking cheerleaders the Godfather himself Bennett Salvatore... Both of these officials should be put out to pasture or at least given a life time pass to the Obersturmfuhrer himself Herr David Stern's favorite restaurants in New York City... Anywhere but on the court for these two bozo's. Just my take.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Honestly, can anyone really make a case that the officiating in the NBA is NOT the worst in all of pro sports??

It's truly a joke... But, with regard to this series thus far, they've been an equal opportunity joke team...

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, can anyone really make a case that the officiating in the NBA is NOT the worst in all of pro sports??

It's truly a joke... But, with regard to this series thus far, they've been an equal opportunity joke team...
Tis the worst. Except for professional wrestling I suppose. If that was a sport.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Better last night. Salvatore is the worst! First half of game one definitely sucked as far as the Suns were concerned. Second half of game one and last night pretty evenly sucked.

NBA officiating is an absolute joke.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the officiating has favored the Spurs. Didn't matter last night, Suns would've lost if it were even. BUT if it had gone in their favor like game 4 last year, they would've won. If you recall that game, it was going pretty bad until the very end during which they stopped calling fouls on the Suns and they made a nice comeback to take momentum (for about 10 seconds before Horry...whatever)

timmo

Reaction score

While I tend to agree, I also believe professional basketball is the most difficult sport to officiate. Three ancient dudes trying to keep tabs on ten very well conditioned athletes running up and down the court at full tilt, cmon. The league has gotten younger with all the H.S.'ers, shouldn't the reffing crews benefit from some new, young blood?

nowagimp

Reaction score
While I tend to agree, I also believe professional basketball is the most difficult sport to officiate. Three ancient dudes trying to keep tabs on ten very well conditioned athletes running up and down the court at full tilt, cmon. The league has gotten younger with all the H.S.'ers, shouldn't the reffing crews benefit from some new, young blood?

The NBA is hilarious, Dick Bavetta and company running(and I say that in jest) with the young bulls, but there is no problem. The experience of the aged refs is important, but it is not effective without the use of cameras. However David stern abhors cameras, kill those replays. In baseball, ownership invests in giant plasma screens to replay almost every close play. In basketball, they just sweep alot of them under the rug and defend the blown calls, its pathetic. Like an alcoholic, the problem can't be addressed until its existence is admitted in the first place. And stern is like a lawyer, his instinct is to suppress evidence of errors. The NBA has created a very difficult officiating task by using player specific shades of grey in the applications of the contact rules. Add to that the flopping, the need to see APPARENT impact energy with the contact both on offense and defense. Its pathetic, to see 260 lb men fall down when bumped by 175 lb players, looks like a mike tyson punch decked them. Just makes me miss the showtime days, almost no flopping at all.

A stat should be calculated for the % of times a player falls down when dribble penetrating, parker would be like 85%, maybe the king of offensive flopping in the NBA. "I have to sell ze flop, eva, in order to get ze flagrant foul". Makes me kind of respect AI, he sure does take a hit most of the time when he falls. If Chris Paul ever learns how to sell the flop like TP, the NBA is in trouble, big trouble.

Bong

Registered
Reaction score
Is some Spurs fan here using a "bot" to cast votes saying that it was even? There is no way anyone who watched the game could not see that the Spurs were helped tremendously by biased officiating.

Anyone know how to reach "NEM"? I believe he has experience with these voting "bots" and might be able to help us.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Is some Spurs fan here using a "bot" to cast votes saying that it was even? There is no way anyone who watched the game could not see that the Spurs were helped tremendously by biased officiating.

Anyone know how to reach "NEM"? I believe he has experience with these voting "bots" and might be able to help us.

Or maybe the rest of the world just isn't as delusional as you are? The calls were even, the Suns lost those games fair and square. Suck it up, stop making excuses, and just cheer for the Suns to get back in this series on Friday. Stop placing blame on the refs and just give the opponent the credit they deserve. The series isn't over, at the end of the week this series could easily be tied 2-2.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
The were some questionable calls, on both teams, for game one. However, I can't blame the loss on the officiating. We blew the game.

Game two was very well and fairly officiated. We blew the game.

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm not a Suns or a Spurs fan but I find it remarkable that many people in here will NEVER accept the fact the the officiating is NOT the reason why the Suns lost. I have read probably 6-7 different threads in here and in each one, there is ALWAYS someone blaming the refs for not calling an even game. And some posters even say that the officiating was even and they don't blame that for the Suns being down 2-0 in this series. Then they throw in the "But" if they would have called more of the hacks on (throw in Spurs player name here) or is the officials wouldn't allow (throw another player name here) we would have won the game. Are the Spurs the Suns most hated team? I only ask, because there are nothing but conspiracy theories and complaints about them here from a handful of posters. Do these same conspiracy theories exist for other teams in the NBA? Or only the Spurs? I honestly don't know.

Did all these theories begin because of last years great series between the Suns & Spurs? And finally, do fans from other teams the Spurs eliminated from the playoffs in the past share the same conspiracy theory? I ask that cause I have yet to meet a fan of the Nuggets, Jazz, or whoever else the Spurs have knocked out of the playoffs in the past share these same thoughts or find everything else to blame their woes on rather than the simple fact that the Spurs were simply the better team.

Reading these threads for the past hour or so, I'm sure that what I posted is going to piss a lot of you off or your gonna call me a troll or something. Especially with this being my first post and all. But honestly, I am just curious, thats all.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bavetta's crew is a joke and do a horrible job, but at least it was evenly horrible.