BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Young dynamic Qb.
Top 3 wr in his prime
Young rb in his prime.
Slot receiver ready to blossom in Kirk.
Fitz.
No losses on the o-line and maybe an addition.

Things are shaping up nicely my friends

Shame about the defense :(

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
This is like the Cards trading Fitz in his prime for <insert non-productive RB's name here>.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

@ around 7:47 - "Last season, he just passed 6000 yards for his career. The only wide receivers to hit that milestone at a younger age are Randy Moss and Larry Fitzgerald."

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Shame about the defense :(
Rome wasn't built in one day. Our offense really has the look of an elite unit. Especially if we draft one of the OTs at 8. We can still field an average defense week 1 with some under the radar FA signings. The ingrediente are here. PP will be fully motivated going into the season. We have arguably the best pass rusher in the NFL. Budda is damn good. Murphy and Thompkins were rookies and should improve, they've already shown some nice flashes. 2nd year in the same defense after undergoing an overhaul. There are several DL, EDGE and LB still available in FA. Find the right fits and we could have a solid unit.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What are you all getting so excited for? It’s obviously just a well-coordinated joke. It is not like something like this would ever happen. Jeeez, guys.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's underrated about this trade is how similar Nuk and Fitz are. Is you were to ask "Which 27 year old WR is most like 27 year old Fitz" then Hopkins would be the clear answer.

Very similar players at the same age. Very similar careers at the same age. Both statistically and in the way both had trash QB's for the 1st 4 years of their career.

Hopkins has more Dog in him than Fitz did. He's more likely to trash talk a CB than Fitz ever would and while Fitz has a superb catch radius and the ability to pull off stunning catches I think Hopkins is better there than Fitz was. Hopkins can pull off some unimaginable catches.

But if you wanted to clone 27 year old Fitz then Hopkins is as close as it gets.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's underrated about this trade is how similar Nuk and Fitz are. Is you were to ask "Which 27 year old WR is most like 27 year old Fitz" then Hopkins would be the clear answer.

Very similar players at the same age. Very similar careers at the same age. Both statistically and in the way both had trash QB's for the 1st 4 years of their career.

Hopkins has more Dog in him than Fitz did. He's more likely to trash talk a CB than Fitz ever would and while Fitz has a superb catch radius and the ability to pull off stunning catches I think Hopkins is better there than Fitz was. Hopkins can pull off some unimaginable catches.

But if you wanted to clone 27 year old Fitz then Hopkins is as close as it gets.

I think he is more quick to free himself from the marker

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
@ around 7:47 - "Last season, he just passed 6000 yards for his career. The only wide receivers to hit that milestone at a younger age are Randy Moss and Larry Fitzgerald."

You could make the exact same video about Larry. Fitz had mostly trash QB's as well. Amazing!

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
This is why I don't watch ESPN lol we get DHop and DJ lol
You must be registered for see images attach

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Multiple sources said the Texans shopped Hopkins and this was the best deal they could get.

It seems like David Johnson was the key to that trade. Surprise to us but IF DJ can return to form...this isn't as bad as it looks. Maybe they get a #1 WR with our 2nd.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Multiple sources said the Texans shopped Hopkins and this was the best deal they could get.

It seems like David Johnson was the key to that trade. Surprise to us but IF DJ can return to form...this isn't as bad as it looks. Maybe they get a #1 WR with our 2nd.

Well, they signed Randall Cobb...would have to think they are also looking at DJ as a receiving weapon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Something tells me Bill O'Brien started that rumor

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
What are you all getting so excited for? It’s obviously just a well-coordinated joke. It is not like something like this would ever happen. Jeeez, guys.

I completely agreed.

I just do not believe it.

Hopkins is EASILY one of, if not my favorite, non-Cardinal to watch.

Many are saying he is a top-3 WR, and I want to know the other two.

He will open EVERYTHING up for a lot of other places. Fitzgerald is going to have a field day with the holes in the defense this creates. Then add Drake running off of those two ? Yikes.

A very scary offense indeed.

......and Hopkins is 27 years old, which is his prime. This is ridiculous.

It is not true.

.......if it is true, you pay Hopkins top dollar, and not even think twice.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I completely agreed.

Julio Jones & Larry Fitzgerald? Michael Thomas and Larry Fitzgerald? Ok..... Maybe just Larry.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I completely agreed.

He will open EVERYTHING up for a lot of other places. Fitzgerald is going to have a field day with the holes in the defense this creates. Then add Drake running off of those two ? Yikes.

A very scary offense indeed.

......and Hopkins is 27 years old, which is his prime. This is ridiculous.

It is not true.

.......if it is true, you pay Hopkins top dollar, and not even think twice.

He's entering what should be the most productive 5 year period of his career.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Not sure if serious, but Fitz is definitely not a top 3 receiver at this point in his career.

No he's not, but he's a consistent 'I'll bite your ass if you ignore me' WR , especially in the clutch who's a momentum swing... I can't wait to see depth nickle backs attempting late into the season cover him with the addition of Hopkins

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Hopkins - "where is the best neighborhood to live in Arizona"

unknown person - "Paradise Valley"

Hopkins - "that sounds nice...Paradise".

LOL

He also said he is wearing #10

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose