Did you guys listen to the MJ and Bick show this morning?

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I read on another board that these guys were talking about Leinart either yesterday or today and they were saying some negative things like maybe he won't fit Whis' system. The biggest concern I read if that these guys said what concerned them were the off-camera comments made by ML's teammates. Any of you guys catch this if it's true that's not good.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
i don't get to hear the show but i would guess they were talking about what was in the papers saying that Warner has pretty much outplayed Leinart from the beginning of practices. It's pretty funny that the radio guys can figure out after 4 games whether or not a QB fits a system. Of course a seasoned vet is going to pick up the system faster. That shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I read on another board that these guys were talking about Leinart either yesterday or today and they were saying some negative things like maybe he won't fit Whis' system. The biggest concern I read if that these guys said what concerned them were the off-camera comments made by ML's teammates. Any of you guys catch this if it's true that's not good.

I have listened to them the whole week. They mentioned something about Wiz having a complicated system and Wiz not liking to give a young QB the whole system(reason why Ben was frustrated with Wiz). Wondered if Matt could pick that up. They mention they thought it was odd he wasnt the captian of the O and thought he could make a bigger push for that role. But I dont remember anything being said about off air comments from his own teammates.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I try very hard not to listen to those two ignorant, pompous sphincters. Especially the jaded Cardinals Outsider.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about this? Everybody that has a negative opinion about Leinart will be deemed correct.

Now. let's focus on perhaps the most exciting football season since the Cards moved to Arizona.

For the record I think Leinart will be just fine, but I'm not going to worry about it until about April.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bickley said last week that someone (a player) told him that Warner should be starting. Bordow in a column yesterday said that it was true that several "players" thought Warner should be starting.

FWIW

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bickley said last week that someone (a player) told him that Warner should be starting. Bordow in a column yesterday said that it was true that several "players" thought Warner should be starting.

FWIW
Thanks aj, I hope this isn't a future sign of internal strife........

Of course that doesn't matter for the rest of this season.

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Mj and Bickley are happier when the local teams are down and they cant stand it when their doing good. so Matt gets hurt and they are happy again, now they have someone to kick while their down. "what a pair of losers"

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mj and Bickley are happier when the local teams are down and they cant stand it when their doing good. so Matt gets hurt and they are happy again, now they have someone to kick while their down. "what a pair of losers"

Not true. MJ is not that way. Don't know about Bickley. Never met him.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's probably unfair of me, but I am really getting p*ssed that so many of us are allowing local and national media people define the worth of our team for us.

The team does a pretty good job of that each Sunday.

And, during the week, most of us on this board appear to be just as knowledgeable as the media pundits (even more).

So, anytime I see a Title Line or topic thread reading: "This is What They Said on ESPN" or "Did You Catch MJ and BIck?" I prepare myself to get enraged.

I realize it's unfair; & that they're OK guys doing a decent job. But what do they really know that we don't know?

Let me put it another way: When Mitch or Harry or Skkorp or several other people on this board say something about the Cardinals, I take them more seriously than when I hear it from the ESPN, FOX or NFL Network guys - or MJ, Bick, Bordow, Jacobs or Jerry Brown.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Let me put it another way: When Mitch or Harry or Skkorp or several other people on this board say something about the Cardinals, I take them more seriously than when I hear it from the ESPN, FOX or NFL Network guys - or MJ, Bick, Bordow, Jacobs or Jerry Brown.

As far as I'm concerned, you could add Jeff Gollin to that list.:thumbup:

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How about this? Everybody that has a negative opinion about Leinart will be deemed correct.

Now. let's focus on perhaps the most exciting football season since the Cards moved to Arizona.

For the record I think Leinart will be just fine, but I'm not going to worry about it until about April.

Fuggetiaboutit. That makes too much sense. We have a select goup among us who will hang onto this until April taking up enough space that we will need a sever farm to hold the content (say 5000 pages).

KW has said nothing in coach talk or simple English for anyone NOT to beleie that Matt will be our number 1 next year.....thank the Lord for KW the QB!!

icon14.gif

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I listen to Doug and Wolf in the morning. I find it way more enjoyable radio wise.

Except for Paul's Call, I agree with you. One Ron Wolfley is enough...Paul has gone from a cool guy to trying to be as wildly insane as Wolf...and it just doesn't work. Calvisi bugs the living crap out of me. You aren't Ron Wolfley dude...only Wolf is Wolf, and he gets away with the ridiculousness of his persona because he IS who he IS.

Stop trying to be like Wolf. Get your own schtick...seriously. Paul has morphed into a wannabe Wolf and it just...doesn't...work.

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score

What he said.

sw3j

Reaction score
I listen to Doug and Wolf in the morning. I find it way more enjoyable radio wise.

I couldn't disagree more.

I may not like everything Bickley and MJ say, but at least they talk sports. If Bickley and MJ are in commercial or talking about something I don't care about, I flip over and hear Doug and Wolf talking about the high-level view of sports and never really getting in depth about any one topic.

I also hear them talking about, "Are you going to recant? Come on, recant!" or dumb debates about what city is called the "Queen City."

On the rare occasion they do have an in depth sports conversation, Doug immediately moves on to pitching something. A product, another show, a remote location promo, there is always something that is more important than the topic at hand. It's really annoying.

I guess when it gets down to it, I don't want to be "entertained" by these guys, I want to listen to sports. If I want to be entertained, I will listen to my Ipod as none of these guys are great entertainers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard