Did we ever find out ......

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Who the female reporter was that asked Whiz that no wiggle room question ?

Great question, and it forced Whiz to answer the question without his "que-card" response.

I know Whiz is a hated man right now, but that was about as honest an answer that you are going to get out of a head coach.

I personally liked the answer he gave myself. At least he realizes the thin ice this organization is on right now with the fan base.

To paraphrase my favorite part of that answer:
"I am not going to ask for patience, these fans pay good money to watch this team, and we are not giving them what they deserve."

We should find out who this reporter is and BEG her to interview Whiz one on one.

Obviously she has been paying attention and will not let Whiz answer off que-cards.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I didn't see it, what exactly did she ask?

I have stopped listening to Doug and Wolf because they just toss softballs to Wiz after every loss.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
She was the best reporter in the room, the only one to get Whiz to jump out of his normal answers. That was one of the best answers I have ever heard Whiz give, he acknowledged her points, and answered with him at one point saying "it hurts...hurts us." Nice to see him show that he does care personally, not just professionally. He made it sound like hardcore changes were definitely afoot.

All the guys in there got the same old Cheeze Whiz answers, I really hope to hear more from her. (maybe its the hot reporter that was "harassed")

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I think what Whiz did with Matt was petty and vindictive and it made me angry, but past that I think it cheapened Whiz and hurt him in more ways than it hurt me or anyone else not named Matt.

I like Whiz or I did and I don't think he himself is completely to blame for this mess at all.

I first and foremost want the FO turned over and fired, not Whiz but I also think that to develop into a true good NFL coach something like this year was needed in his development.

We saw how he did with success, let's see if he learns from failure.

The FO though has had MORE than enough opportunity to show themselves in the product on the field and only a brief, too brief, rise stands between them and judgement.

Don't be fooled by that one brief rise and waste years refiguring out what most of us had figured out before Green's drafting changed the equation.

The problem comes from the top down.

We can't change owners but we can change the FO and Whiz needs a good GM, who may not fire him, probably wouldn't right away.

Changes do need to be made, it's not at all just coaching, the team is poorly constructed both in terms of talent and in terms of simply team building.

Too many paycheck players, not enough warriors, too many Rudy's not enough real talent, it's tough to express but you have to have players who are good and are leaders and you can only have so many paycheck players who are kept in line by the real warriors, once this balance gets out of whack it's very tough to get it back, JMO.

Last edited:

KenobiOne

Reaction score
It sounded like "Fun Katy" from KTAR. I think she even started out saying something about what was being talked about on social networks.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
My guess would be Paola Boivin-----she was asking tough questions already after last weeks game.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
LoL, def not Fun Katy, and def not Jody Jackson (she does a lot of work for the Cards).

I'm guessing either Paula or Gale Jansen.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Last edited:

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It sounded like "Fun Katy" from KTAR. I think she even started out saying something about what was being talked about on social networks.

I quit listening to Doug and Wolf based on the "fun katy" bit. That is about the dumbest segement of any radio show I have ever heard.