DID U KNOW - State Something Regarding Cardinals Most DONT Know

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Charles Bidwill used to eschew travelling with his cardinals to away games so he could remain in Chicago to watch halas’ bears. And we wonder why our team has historically been a sad sack . . .
Well, the Bears of that era were entertaining. Just sayin’.

SOCALCARD

Rookie
Reaction score
Here's another amazingly unknown Cards tidbit. I sat through an entire season watching Cliff Stoudt pilot the Redbirds.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
In 1956 I do believe Steve Keim´s grandfather must have been the Cards GM for their draft that year looked a lot like the Cards of this century.

In both R1 and R2 the Cards in 1956 picked the exact same positions (RB & OT) as the teams 2 spots behind them. The Cards left 2 HOFers, Lenny Moore (Bal) and Forrest Graig (GrB) on the board and chose George Childress and Norm Masters.

Nice to know we have not changed in over 60 years.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Now we’re going waaaaay back—I love it Floyd! And since we’re doing so, how about our 1944 squad that merged with the Steelers to form a team known as Card-Pitt? They were not only winless (0-10), but were so bad that sportswriters referred to them as the “Carpets” since every other team walked all over them. :)

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Owner watches game film with coach and GM separately

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Since the merger, the Cardinals are responsible for more broken TV screens than any other team in the NFL.
I used to break so many TV remotes that I'd buy cheap 5 buck universal remotes. The hardest I ever spiked one was when David Boston fumbled a punt and was so lazy trying to recover it he literally kicked the ball to the other team.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Here's another amazingly unknown Cards tidbit. I sat through an entire season watching Cliff Stoudt pilot the Redbirds.
I recall Stoudt QBing the team late in the ‘88 season after Lomax got hurt. In the game at Philly, the Eagles kept turning over the ball and giving the Cards fantastic field position. No matter, Stoudt kept giving it right back and we lost a very winnable game. So truly Cardinal-esque.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recall Stoudt QBing the team late in the ‘88 season after Lomax got hurt. In the game at Philly, the Eagles kept turning over the ball and giving the Cards fantastic field position. No matter, Stoudt kept giving it right back and we lost a very winnable game. So truly Cardinal-esque.
That was the season we beat the 49ers (who would win the Super Bowl) 24-23 with the greatest comeback by the Cards I have ever seen in person. The next week, we beat the Giants (who had won the Super Bowl the season before) and were in first place in the NFC East. Lomax gets hurt late in the game and Stoudt took over.

We lost the last five games of the season. Brutal. Welcome to Cardinals football. But it was too late for me. I was already hooked after the SF and NY games.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That was the season we beat the 49ers (who would win the Super Bowl) 24-23 with the greatest comeback by the Cards I have ever seen in person. The next week, we beat the Giants (who had won the Super Bowl the season before) and were in first place in the NFC East. Lomax gets hurt late in the game and Stoudt took over.

We lost the last five games of the season. Brutal. Welcome to Cardinals football. But it was too late for me. I was already hooked after the SF and NY games.
I hear ya AJ. Resistance was (and is) futile.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

I was in attendance for that San Fran game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose