Did anyone see Jaworski on ESPN this morning?

roland77

Rookie
Reaction score
Jaworski was asked which was the best opportunity for a new coach among all the coaching vacancies, including Pittsburgh, and he picked the Cardinals. Talked about how much talent we had with Leinart, Fitz, Q Wilson, Dansby. He did preface it by saying he had 32 concussions during his playing days though.:)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was on last night at about 11:30 or so.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
With Leinart leading the way, this team has the players to be good even if the B's do their best to hold the team back...

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
An espn.com poll has the same question and nationally, the leader with 58% is PIT. Lame.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Leinart leading the way, this team has the players to be good even if the B's do their best to hold the team back...

Quotes like these do not make any sense. Why would the Bidwills purposely hold the team back. The better the Cards do, the more ticket sales, merchandise, etc.

Saying that the Bidwills do not have a plan, or not sure how to execute the plan is one thing. The Bidwills doing their best to hold the team back is another.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Quotes like these do not make any sense. Why would the Bidwills purposely hold the team back. The better the Cards do, the more ticket sales, merchandise, etc.

Saying that the Bidwills do not have a plan, or not sure how to execute the plan is one thing. The Bidwills doing their best to hold the team back is another.
They have been holding this team back forever. It might not be intentional, but they still do.

most of the time it is a money thing that gets in the way. Hopefully the new UPS stadium will open the bank more.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bidwells are incompetent. I don't think the Bidwells wake up every morning and think, how could I make things worse. However, I do think they have no idea how to run a Franchise. The team record and success so far is proof of that. Now add in the financial decisions this team makes, the relationships it ruins (ASU, Fiesta etc..), it's not hard to concule here that the Bidwells don't know how to run an NFL franchise.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
what so attractive about the steelers job is the owners will stick by you and you have a young qb in ben rosthlisberger who has already won a superbowl. the steelers is a dream job right now for any head coach. the only bad thing is following cowher and i dont think that is a bad thing. if you are good coach then it won't matter following cowher.

the only question about the cardinals job is the ownership desire to winning. with the new stadium, the desire to win and to win now is strong. the talent that the cardinals have is what going to attract a coach to come here. all the coaches league know if they can the cardinals to win then they will be able to go anywhere in the league and set their own salary, and they will go down in nfl history as one of the greatest coaches.

Last edited:

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
The Bidwells are incompetent. I don't think the Bidwells wake up every morning and think, how could I make things worse. However, I do think they have no idea how to run a Franchise. The team record and success so far is proof of that. Now add in the financial decisions this team makes, the relationships it ruins (ASU, Fiesta etc..), it's not hard to concule here that the Bidwells don't know how to run an NFL franchise.

Maybe he'll learn to give up control a la Mike Brown (although the Bengals have just risen to mediocrity--still better than where they were, though).

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
what so attractive about the steelers job is the owners will stick by you and you have a young qb in ben rosthlisberger who has already won a superbowl. the steelers is a dream job right now for any head coach. the only bad thing is following cowher and i dont think that is a bad thing. if you are good coach then it won't matter following cowher.

the only question about the cardinals job is the ownership desire to winning. with the new stadium, the desire to win and to win now is strong. the talent that the cardinals have is what going to attract a coach to come here. all the coaches league know if they can the cardinals to win then they will be able to go anywhere in the league and set their own salary, and they will go down in nfl history as one of the greatest coaches in league history.

Ben's not the prize in Pittsburgh, although he's a pretty good QB. Willie Parker is going to be great and the D speaks for itself. Plus the great ownership you mentioned. The thing is it's sort of a closed club and they'll promote from within.

I agree wholeheartedly with you about ego being a big thing in coming to the cards.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
gambit,

everyone knows all coaches have real big egos. that is what makes them successful and what makes them fail.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Jaworski was asked which was the best opportunity for a new coach among all the coaching vacancies, including Pittsburgh, and he picked the Cardinals. Talked about how much talent we had with Leinart, Fitz, Q Wilson, Dansby. He did preface it by saying he had 32 concussions during his playing days though.:)
:biglaugh:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Spelling

Don't mean to be picky but Steel Dog, before you complain about Cardinal ownership (and there are lots of legitimate complaints), PLEASE learn how to spell the name. It will make your posts more acceptable, as people might feel you know something about the team.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A couple of days ago, someone asked Jaws who were the best HC prospects available. His answer was Mora & Martz. He said they would both be significantly better the second time around. Did anyone else hear that?? I know there's a lot of disdain for Martz on this board, but Jaws spoke very highly of him & I generally think Jaws is a very knowledgeable football guy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard