Diamondbacks vs Dodgers series thread

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Parra needs a hit here, 110 pitches, ball four, bases loaded for Prado and Goldy

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Our #5 outpitches their #1. Gotta enjoy it when that happens. Now Putz needs to not blow it.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Last comment. They really turned a nice double play to end it. Playing both sides.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Dodgers are the 2011 Giants. All pitching, no offense. If they keep this up, they'll miss the playoffs.

Love it. Good game. Glad I got to watch on local TV w/ Vin Scully

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Dodgers are the 2011 Giants. All pitching, no offense. If they keep this up, they'll miss the playoffs.

Love it. Good game. Glad I got to watch on local TV w/ Vin Scully
Is Vinnie still doing the first 3 innings as simulcast, then the last 6 just on radio?

It is amazing how after all these years, he still doesn't need a color commentator next to him.

P.S.: It's not quite all pitching when they walk 3 in a row in the bottom of the 8th, the last 2 with the bases loaded. Beat LA!

TJ

Reaction score
Is Vinnie still doing the first 3 innings as simulcast, then the last 6 just on radio?

It is amazing how after all these years, he still doesn't need a color commentator next to him.

P.S.: It's not quite all pitching when they walk 3 in a row in the bottom of the 8th, the last 2 with the bases loaded. Beat LA!

Charlie Steiner does radio play-by-play for the dodgers. Vin does the entire television broadcast on his own.

As much as I hate the Dodgers, Vin is a treat to listen to. I learned more about the Diamondback players the last few years from him than I ever did listening to Grace and Sutton.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Charlie Steiner does radio play-by-play for the dodgers. Vin does the entire television broadcast on his own.

As much as I hate the Dodgers, Vin is a treat to listen to. I learned more about the Diamondback players the last few years from him than I ever did listening to Grace and Sutton.
I became a Brooklyn Dodger fan as a New Jersey pre-teener back in 1952, two years after Vinnie started.

When I moved to Phoenix 35 years ago, we got the Dodgers radio feed with Vinnie.

When I visit my friends in Santa Barbara, they know I have to catch a few innings of Vinnie's announcing. So I choose a weekend when the Dodgers will be home or playing on the road in Arizona or Colorado, where he makes road trips.

But I sure do miss his tones and professionalism and his knowledge. Even the way he used to say, "Farmer John" during their promo. :)

TJ

Reaction score
How gracious of the home plate ump to give the Dodgers an extra 6 inches outside the plate.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
How gracious of the home plate ump to give the Dodgers an extra 6 inches outside the plate.
It was pretty bad. The strike call against Ross might have been the most deflating considering they were making a run at the time.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score

Yep, he got Prado, Goldy, Miggy, Pennington, and Ross all on strike 3's that weren't.

It's games like that where I'd like to see Gibby stick up for his players. They can't all be wrong.

That said, he left Kennedy in too long. Two hitters too long. It was 3-1 when he should have pulled him, 5-1 when he finally did.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Yep, he got Prado, Goldy, Miggy, Pennington, and Ross all on strike 3's that weren't.

It's games like that where I'd like to see Gibby stick up for his players. They can't all be wrong.

That said, he left Kennedy in too long. Two hitters too long. It was 3-1 when he should have pulled him, 5-1 when he finally did.
It's beginning to look like Kennedy's 2011 was a fluke, not 2012. If he keeps it up, I can see him removed as our "ace" at the All Star break.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's beginning to look like Kennedy's 2011 was a fluke, not 2012. If he keeps it up, I can see him removed as our "ace" at the All Star break.

I agree that Kennedy is not an ace and that it will be hard for him to duplicate his 2011 season. I believe starting pitching is going to be the Achilles Heel this year. With the exception of Miley & Corbin every starter has been getting roughed up in their first go round and I think its a trend that will continue throughout the year, hopefully the offense can keep them in games.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I became a Brooklyn Dodger fan as a New Jersey pre-teener back in 1952, two years after Vinnie started.

When I moved to Phoenix 35 years ago, we got the Dodgers radio feed with Vinnie.

When I visit my friends in Santa Barbara, they know I have to catch a few innings of Vinnie's announcing. So I choose a weekend when the Dodgers will be home or playing on the road in Arizona or Colorado, where he makes road trips.

But I sure do miss his tones and professionalism and his knowledge. Even the way he used to say, "Farmer John" during their promo. :)
I would recommend a subscription to MLB.TV. You can watch/listen to EVERY game he does from the comfort of your own home. It's a treat indeed!

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that Kennedy is not an ace and that it will be hard for him to duplicate his 2011 season. I believe starting pitching is going to be the Achilles Heel this year. With the exception of Miley & Corbin every starter has been getting roughed up in their first go round and I think its a trend that will continue throughout the year, hopefully the offense can keep them in games.

The end started with that grapefruit Kennedy served up to A.G. for a homer. He just can't seem to keep the ball down and unless he figures out a "fix" in short order, he's certainly going to relive 2012 at the teams expense.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison