Diamondbacks vs Cardinals series thread

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
opening day might as well be my birthday. happiest day of the year for me. nothing better than dbacks baseball with a fresh start!

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great to see Brandon Webb again, what a shame how quickly his career was derailed by injury.

Avondale Red Rage

Just wondering...
Reaction score
"RedBeard" seemed a little amped in the 1st, but has settled down and throwing darts through 4 with 5k's. Need the run scoring to start!

DiamondBacks5117

Registered
Reaction score
love the way thing are going but i thought that caught stealing hurt us we should've had a lot more runs that inning. Ian is looking really impressive!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have seen enough Pennington already. Bring up Didi Gregorius and lets see what he can do since we know what Pennington can't do.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team is just singling and doubling it's way around the bases. It is fun to watch.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Solid. I think the team will be rewarded if Parra gets the bulk of the playing time over Ross.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Solid. I think the team will be rewarded if Parra gets the bulk of the playing time over Ross.
They said in the booth that Gibby wants to get 4 outfielders 500 AB's this season. That's probably not do-able. But 4 with 400 sounds right. It might just happen, barring injuries, of which we already have two in the outfield.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sa-Weet!!!! Nice, nice start!!!

Parra was awesome tonight. 4 for 5 with 3 doubles? Are you kidding me? I'd like to see him have a career year. I'm not quite sure why, but I've always liked him.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
So is the plan to have a The team combine for 5000 hits and 12 homers for the season? :D

I could get used o this small-ball stuff as long as we do it consistently.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Really impressed by prado. Real selfless at bats all night long, going the other way with the ball with a runner on 2nd every time. There was a play when he was on first and the ball was hit and he got to third, and he looked more excited that the guy who got the hit. That's all something we'd never see JUP do.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thoughts from last night

!) Great to see a sell out. While there were, as expected, a number of Cardinal fans, it was a very energetic Dback crowd

2) Parra!!! If he doesn't start the majority of games, get rid of Gibby. Hit the ball hard all five at-bats, with two of his three doubles feet (inches) away from HR's. Even his out was a better hit ball than 90% of JUP or CY's at bats last year.

3) Liked what I saw from Prado

4) Gotta love it when Goldy as earned enough respect to get an IW

5) Pennington looked lost at the plate. As good as Parra looked, Pennington looked 180 from that.

7) All three pitchers were SHARP!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Thoughts from last night

!) Great to see a sell out. While there were, as expected, a number of Cardinal fans, it was a very energetic Dback crowd

2) Parra!!! If he doesn't start the majority of games, get rid of Gibby. Hit the ball hard all five at-bats, with two of his three doubles feet (inches) away from HR's. Even his out was a better hit ball than 90% of JUP or CY's at bats last year.

3) Liked what I saw from Prado

4) Gotta love it when Goldy as earned enough respect to get an IW

5) Pennington looked lost at the plate. As good as Parra looked, Pennington looked 180 from that.

7) All three pitchers were SHARP!
'Agree. I expect that Parra will be consistently solid and that Kubel will be traded when Ross returns. It's funny that on the Google D'backs roster page, Kubel is still shown wearing his Twinkies hat.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=dbacks+roster&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

I, too, liked Prado giving himself up to move runners. It fits right in with the 2013 team philosophy. And I hope that Goldy continues to grow steadily. We have other RBI guys, but he will continue to be the big bopper that every team needs.

Pennington was pathetic at-bat. When Bloomquist comes back, he'll be bumped unless and until Didi is ready first.

And, oh yeah, who are this JUp and CY you referred to? :D

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Cliff Pennington really looked bad in his first AB in game 2. He needed a golf club on the pitch he struck out on. 0-5 with 4 strikeouts so far. We need a DH for SS.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow Heath Bell looked bad. He looked so stale out there. Even the foul balls were getting rocketed.

When he took the mound I turned to my girlfriend and said "first pitch home run, watch"