Diamondbacks new uni's

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
This article has me scared. Please God don't let these new unis be awful.

New Dbacks Uniforms: Be Afraid

With The Unveiling Later Today, Leaks From One Uniform Expert Indicates That The New Uniforms Just Might Make For Heated Discussions Now And Well Into The Future

By John Guzzon
Modern Times Magazine

Dec. 3, 2015 — We have got to start with a clear statement that is more like a disclaimer.

The uniforms depicted in the art attached to this article are very likely to NOT look ANYTHING like what the team will unveil Thursday night at 7:30 p.m.

But don’t be surprised if they are actually worse.

Rumor has it — and don’t forget rumors sometimes create impressions similar to what happens when one assumes — these new uniforms are quite unique. And by unique, I mean something never seen before and may never be seen after a year or so.

I guess it's not just a rumor, really, it is the only public statement I’ve been able to get my hands on since Derrick “mr. miracles” Hall tempted our eyeballs in November after announcing that a switch was going to be made. The statement came from Chris Creamer, a uniform expert who also owns and operates SportsLogos.Net and allegedly has seen the new uniforms.

Creamer happened to be a guest last week on The 5-Tool Podcast. What he told hosts Nick Hamelin and Jeff Snider is easily enough to scare a fan to shame.

“People will be talking about this for a very long time. It’s very out there, it's very different. It’s something we’ve never really seen before on a major league baseball uniform. And I don’t think we've ever really seen it before on a minor league baseball uniform,” he said.

A pessimist may read between the lines on that statement and think, “so it's actually WORSE than minor league cartoon characters ... uh-oh.”

The uniform accompanying this article is a take on the “Turn Ahead The Clock” promotion Major League Baseball put on in 1999 that went over like a 1 million-pound cannonball. The Diamondbacks’ version happened to be the most popular of the bunch.

Sadly, it gets worse, kinda.

“It might be one of those things where maybe it only lasts a few seasons and in 20 years people look back and say, why did you get rid of that?” Creamer said.

So, we’re gonna have to keep them for at least two years just to save face?

At least he kind of says they may be popular someday ... like in the future. The far, far distant future.

Even more sadly, it looks like things could get ugly next year.

But thankfully and hopefully, the ugliness will spare the team’s play and just be part of their threads.

After all, LaRussa took the White Sox to the playoffs in uniforms made for the time — remember the 1980s — that might be catching on once again.

They were something new, innovative and ... considered heinous for nearly 30 years.

Yup, be afraid.

Be very afraid.

http://www.moderntimesmagazine.com/page18/151202-Sports-Dbacks-Unis/151202-Sports-Dbacks-Unis.php

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Does this mean ads on uniforms like the WNBA and soccer?

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
No purple? No point... It's moronic that through this whole show they keep talking about tradition. They've said tradition about 900 times. Yet there is no purple. You know, from the era where we actually established some traditions.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh. The only colors are the original colors. We don't wear anything else to the games. Just says NO to Sedona Red.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
terrible. the snakeskin pattern on the shoulders was too far. and it's on 85% of the new jerseys. and the PANTS too? too much. i don't like that super dark gray either... ugh

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Looks like windshield tinting, except useless.

You must be registered for see images

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Heard this somewhere, but teams don't have uniforms anymore, they have costumes.

Never been a fan of the whole Dbacks thing either.. I hate the red, but hoped they would have styled the new uni's after the originals but with the new (red) colors.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Heard this somewhere, but teams don't have uniforms anymore, they have costumes.

Never been a fan of the whole Dbacks thing either.. I hate the red, but hoped they would have styled the new uni's after the originals but with the new (red) colors.

I agree, it was one thing for the fans to call them this, but I'm not a fan of it being on the uniforms as D-backs.

It's all just Kendricks continued efforts to erase Jerry from this franchise and he just doesn't get it, Jerry is (still) the franchise.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Hate the gray, dislike the rest. Love the original uniforms.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
These things look so crazy that I actually like and hate them at the same time.

Should be interesting to see on the actual players.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well... we have an distinguishing look, that is for sure.

I was not a fan of the uniforms we'd had the last several years. I really don't know how I feel about these... I'm at a loss.

nooch

Veteran
Reaction score
I dig them. They're not overdone, and more importantly not soooo red like every other team in MLB. Think they will grow on a lot who don't like them now. Look forward to seeing them on the field. :thumbup:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Better than what we've had the past few years. I don't mind them at all. Could've been 100x worse.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
The only thing I hate is the piping that goes halfway up the leg.

I didn't like recent uniforms. Other than the D-Backs text on the jerseys, they felt very generic. They needed to shake things up.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I agree, it was one thing for the fans to call them this, but I'm not a fan of it being on the uniforms as D-backs.

It's all just Kendricks continued efforts to erase Jerry from this franchise and he just doesn't get it, Jerry is (still) the franchise.

Hey, at least they are bringing back the classic vests for a throwback and have re-introduced teal in some of the new uniforms!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
As long as we don't ever go back to Yankee pinstripes (or managers). :)