Diamondbacks new uni's

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only thing I hate is the piping that goes halfway up the leg.

I didn't like recent uniforms. Other than the D-Backs text on the jerseys, they felt very generic. They needed to shake things up.

Agreed on all counts. After getting over the initial shock I think they might end up looking pretty sharp, except for that leg piping... either have a leg pipe or don't, half assing it looks stupid. It will look especially dumb on guys that wear "hitting boots".

Thats another question, the guys with high socks I am assuming will lack the "snake skin" on the back of their pants. That will make them look pretty different from the rest of the team, no?

chickenhead

Reaction score
I mean, they kind of look more like the (football) Cardinals? Or the 1980s Washington Capitals?

I don't like them at all: I'd have to figure out reasons to like them. I'm not outraged or anything, but it's just a non-starter when it comes to buying merchandise or having any real affection for the look.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like the gray ones. I mean really what else could they have done?

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

If you had described this uniform to me before I actually saw it, I would have told you to ****. It shocked me at first sight, but I really like it. I hated the 1st generation Purple and Teal, and always felt they missed the mark with the 2nd generation Sedona Red and Sand. This is a perfect marriage of the two generations which I thought would be impossible.

I'm betting these alternates will be the top sellers and soon become the primaries. I also prefer the positioning of the snakeskin gradient on the back with these alternates vs the shoulders on the primaries.

I wouldn't call that teal either. It's more of a turquoise which ties in nicely with AZ.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I wonder if anything can be read into the players that were NOT there to model the uniforms. No Owings and no Ahmed.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if anything can be read into the players that were NOT there to model the uniforms. No Owings and no Ahmed.

I suspect the guys who were there to model jerseys were the guys who sold the most jerseys the last few years.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I like the new jersey, not to sold on the mixed ones though.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saw some at the team shop, love these jerseys. As soon as the Greinke ones come off the line I'm picking one up. Gray with the teal baby!

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a buddy who is neighbors with a lower level D-backs employee who works in one of the clubhouses. Apparently, they were way over budget on the uniform redesign and outfitting the team is going to be double the normal budget.

I have my own theory that the alternates were supposed to be the main uni, but they were scared to commit to such a bold color scheme so they made a tamer primary set. I still contend that the alts will outsell and eventually become the primary. I could see them even phasing out the primaries eventually.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I have a buddy who is neighbors with a lower level D-backs employee who works in one of the clubhouses. Apparently, they were way over budget on the uniform redesign and outfitting the team is going to be double the normal budget.

I have my own theory that the alternates were supposed to be the main uni, but they were scared to commit to such a bold color scheme so they made a tamer primary set. I still contend that the alts will outsell and eventually become the primary. I could see them even phasing out the primaries eventually.

That's kind of what happened the first couple of years the team existed. Remember the Ice Cream man look and teal hats with purple rims. By year 3 most of that crap had disappeared.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Them introducing Greinke in the teal backs your theory.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Anyone on the southeast side, the Chandler mall has the home uni displayed by the food court. Same mannequin/setup as the photos.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Seeing the D-backs in their dark gray visitor's pants today vs. the Angels was like my father coming home from work, leaving on his baggy slacks and throwing on a team jersey so we could have a catch on the side of the house.

I don't like them. They are as horrible as the Suns gray T-shirts, which make the players look like high school kids.

The D-backs dress like old men and the Suns like high school kids. Either way, they are not inspiring.

There is nothing wrong with trying something different. Just not dorky.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Seeing the D-backs in their dark gray visitor's pants today vs. the Angels was like my father coming home from work, leaving on his baggy slacks and throwing on a team jersey so we could have a catch on the side of the house.

I don't like them. They are as horrible as the Suns gray T-shirts, which make the players look like high school kids.

The D-backs dress like old men and the Suns like high school kids. Either way, they are not inspiring.

There is nothing wrong with trying something different. Just not dorky.

Agree. If they'd ditch the dark gray and the red at the bottom their white pants the unis wouldn't be all that bad

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Agree. If they'd ditch the dark gray and the red at the bottom their white pants the unis wouldn't be all that bad
And I see that they have a dark gray jersey to wear with the dark gray pants. Ah, a drab suit.

Now they'll look like prisoners. At least they're not pink shirts like Joe Arpaio's prisoners. :)

NoelPHX

Space for Sale
Reaction score
Can we just have purple back? None of these other red and stuff. We may have looked like barney but at least we were unique lol.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Can we just have purple back? None of these other red and stuff. We may have looked like barney but at least we were unique lol.
Rockies were purple first.

sent from a fone

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Anybody notice that the gradient around the ankles of the white pants makes them look pink on TV?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn