Diamondbacks-Cubs Series

OP
OP
A

AZZenny

Reaction score
Merely pointing out I doubt Stinnett or Hill will be much better, contrary to the impressions some people have voiced. And that his receiver stats are not nearly as abysmal as his batting - contrary to popular opinion. THEREFORE - I believe you will see the team stick with him.

He's not ready to be here, and to me he's still a prospect, unfortunately getting on the job training to his detriment - but I don't see any better options on the immediate horizon and I think it's stupid to blame him for the team's failures with LOB.

We give up too fast on prospects around here, esp catchers, but all we ever get in their place are worn-out retread veterans.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We all agree right now the Diamondbacks are hurting when it comes to offense. Let's hope someone can step it up, if it's Snyder, Hill or Stinnett.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cubs up 2-1 in dbax 8th. dbax based loaded one out. Glaus up. Come on Glaus long fly ball.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mulli808 said:
Cubs up 2-1 in dbax 8th. dbax based loaded one out. Glaus up. Come on Glaus long fly ball.

Single - even better!

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Was it just me or did anyone else feel like the air came out when the bases were loaded and they saw Clayton standing at the plate? :shrug:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why is Valverde pitching? He has thrown 3 innings in two days.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Valverde gets the job done. I hope he gets a day or two off.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's time to make Valverde the closer and Bruney pitch in the 7th or 8th. 3-3 Cubs still up.

OP
OP
A

AZZenny

Reaction score
Bruney screws the pooch again. Bah! We'll express utmost confidence in him as our closer, of course.

Gawd, hope Lyons can come up here and pitch well again soon.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ok, we really just need to cut Bruney, I don't care how much upside the fat bastard has, he sucks....plain and simple.

Last edited:

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Next thing I wanna see: "Bruney designated for assignment"

I really, REALLY don't understand why no one else was warming up when everyone on the planet could see that this game was falling apart. I don't understand why it seems like Melvin would rather "show confidence" in someone instead of offending their sensibilities. Tell him he sucks and sit him down. This is getting ridiculous.

Correct that. This got ridiculous two months ago.

spikecop02

Registered
Reaction score
Card Trader said:
Ok, we really just need to cut Bruney, I don't care how much upset the fat bastard has, he sucks....plain and simple.

:thumbup: Bruney is terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When he came in the 9th I knew he was going to blow it.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jose Valverde is the new closer for the Diamondbacks. Bob Melvin just hasnt realized it. Flat out releasing Bruney would be ridiculous, he has a lot of potential. However, he needs to be sent down to AAA to get some more work in. Id say the same applies to Aquino, he just hasnt been the same since his injuries, and should be sent to Tucson so he can work on getting back to his full level.

BOB_Man24

Go Cats!
Reaction score
spikecop02 said:
:thumbup: Bruney is terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When he came in the 9th I knew he was going to blow it.
I was suprised when i left the house after lunch with the lead 3-2, after all the runners we have been leaving on base of late. At that point, tt was going into the bottom of the inning and i pretty much figured it was a tossup. Thus i was then not supprised that Bruney gave it up. This bullpen gives the team no confidense. ITs rediculous. Something MUST be done.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
green machine said:
Zona, you know what channel the game is on in Tucson? What's the WGN down here?

If you have Cox in Tucson it's channel 16.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rich Hill for the Cubs has an awesome curveball. Reminds me of Barry Zito.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Way to go Hill!!! We got some production from the catcher. With that hit, he deserves to play another game. :)

OP
OP
A

AZZenny

Reaction score
Nice pun.

Have to say - Gosling and Vargas sure argue against sticking young starters in the bullpen 'to get them some work' - even temporarily. (knock on wood)

I guess BoMel is playing the youth squad today - all we need is Tracy in RF.

I am so peeved this game is only WGN. They talk about CUBS crap while Conor's at bat, fercryinoutloud!