Diablo III

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
What's your max speed on satellite internet? My parents and my brother both have satellite internet and it's pretty slow (1.5mbps tops).

I recently upgraded and my max speed is now 12MBps...pretty good for satellite....from what I understand the instability comes from not being constantly connected, but rather, pulsing signals back and forth...I dunno.....

MadCard.......it is also my understanding that there is now FOUR difficulty levels rather than three.....which should make the game extremely difficult to beat.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently upgraded and my max speed is now 12MBps...pretty good for satellite....from what I understand the instability comes from not being constantly connected, but rather, pulsing signals back and forth...I dunno.....

MadCard.......it is also my understanding that there is now FOUR difficulty levels rather than three.....which should make the game extremely difficult to beat.

Yeah most of my friends are on Inferno and say it's really really difficult.

I'm just excited that I made it to Nightmare. ;)

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Dude, I LOVE this game.

I am behind the times and just started playing it, I resisted for a long time because Diablo was my favorite game when I was a teenager, yes I am dating myself. It was a cool time because it was one of the first games that had a massive online multiplayer experience, in the very early, very glitchy days of battlenet. It was so fun there were all these hacks and cheats and ways to make your own gear. Lots of programming stuff that was way ahead of its time.

Anyways I digress, I was hesitant to play this one because a friend told me it wasn't that great, and I didn't want to be disappointed because I loved the original so much.

I wish I hadn't waited becaus this game is so badass! It has all the charm of the original, a great story, it's all just been brought up to date!

Even a lot of the drop noises and other sound effects are from the original game, which is freaking awesome! Well played Blizzard!!!

So I'm just done with Act II on hard. I will get into hardcore and all that. I have just scratched the surface, been playing as a wizard and I love this glass cannon so much! Next I will play the barbarian.

My question is about reaper of souls, is that an expansion or a completely new game? I just bought the original Diablo 3 for Xbox 360 so can I buy an expansion pack to get ROS or do I just buy the whole game?

Should I get the ultimate nightmare edition or whatever?

Also if anyone ever wants to play online I am totally down!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice, I always wanted to give it a try but never got around to it. Glad you are enjoying.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
---LOTS OF SPOILERS IF YOU ARE THINKING YOU MIGHT EVER PLAY THIS GAME---

What the heck! I just killed Diablo and that ending was super weak!

It was such a good story all the way through with great twists and turns and really solid character development and then at the end it just fell apart!

What happened to Leah? Tyrael said he "thought she was lost" but the Naphalem said he wouldn't rest till he found her or put her to rest. That never wrapped up.

The mom? We also vowed to make her pay for her betrayal, that never got revisited. Did Shen ever find his stone?

Even when I killed diablo, the nephalem didn't have anything cool to say or any wrap to the story, we see Tyrael's ending and thats it! Such a lame ending to an amazing awesome game! :( Although, the final fight with diablo was pretty easy. I'll play on nightmare mode and all that but I played it through on hard and I killed diablo with relative ease, even some of the previous bosses in the game were more difficult.

I'll start on ROS now but I'm kinda bummed. This is EXACTLY like Final Fantasy 7. One of the best games ever, such a rich and compelling story. You spend hours and hours getting to then endgame and then the final act hits and it's like you go down, kill the boss and its over THE END.

Still, this was one of the funnest games I have ever played and I highly reccomend it just be prepared for a less than satisfying ribbon being placed on the ending.

Last edited:

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
---LOTS OF SPOILERS IF YOU ARE THINKING YOU MIGHT EVER PLAY THIS GAME---

What the heck! I just killed Diablo and that ending was super weak!

It was such a good story all the way through with great twists and turns and really solid character development and then at the end it just fell apart!

What happened to Leah? Tyrael said he "thought she was lost" but the Naphalem said he wouldn't rest till he found her or put her to rest. That never wrapped up.

The mom? We also vowed to make her pay for her betrayal, that never got revisited. Did Shen ever find his stone?

Even when I killed diablo, the nephalem didn't have anything cool to say or any wrap to the story, we see Tyrael's ending and thats it! Such a lame ending to an amazing awesome game! :( Although, the final fight with diablo was pretty easy. I'll play on nightmare mode and all that but I played it through on hard and I killed diablo with relative ease, even some of the previous bosses in the game were more difficult.

I'll start on ROS now but I'm kinda bummed. This is EXACTLY like Final Fantasy 7. One of the best games ever, such a rich and compelling story. You spend hours and hours getting to then endgame and then the final act hits and it's like you go down, kill the boss and its over THE END.

Still, this was one of the funnest games I have ever played and I highly reccomend it just be prepared for a less than satisfying ribbon being placed on the ending.

Maybe they were just setting up the expansion, or a future expansion, or Diablo 4? I can tell you that when I played through diablo 3 i could care less about the story so I can't actually tell you if any of that is has been tied up in the expansion

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Maybe they were just setting up the expansion, or a future expansion, or Diablo 4? I can tell you that when I played through diablo 3 i could care less about the story so I can't actually tell you if any of that is has been tied up in the expansion

Cool. I really liked the story of the game. A lot of it tied into the first two games. Like the guy you played as in the first Diablo wound up being Leah's father.

It's not a big deal I was just disappointed. The game is a freaking blast, it was just super weird that they spent 3 acts developing characters, I mean we learned all this stuff about Cains studies and Leah's childhood, and then boom it just ended in act 4 with no resolution at all. It was just weird

Did you play through the expansion? Did you like it?

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Cool. I really liked the story of the game. A lot of it tied into the first two games. Like the guy you played as in the first Diablo wound up being Leah's father.

It's not a big deal I was just disappointed. The game is a freaking blast, it was just super weird that they spent 3 acts developing characters, I mean we learned all this stuff about Cains studies and Leah's childhood, and then boom it just ended in act 4 with no resolution at all. It was just weird

Did you play through the expansion? Did you like it?

I got close to the end but never finished the expansion. I kind of got bored of the grind. Killing stuff to get better stuff to kill stuff faster lost its appeal real quick. I did make some money when they had the real money auction house, so that was cool. Made enough to pay me back for buying the game and expansion.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I got close to the end but never finished the expansion. I kind of got bored of the grind. Killing stuff to get better stuff to kill stuff faster lost its appeal real quick. I did make some money when they had the real money auction house, so that was cool. Made enough to pay me back for buying the game and expansion.

Wow thats cool. I'm thinkin I should have got it for PC, instead of Xbox. There doesn't seem to be any online presence on Xbox. There is like a quick match option where you create a public game, but nobody ever joins.

I think that is how everyone is with this game. It's cool at first because the game play is fantastic but it turns into a gear grind with no story and they need to work on that. WOW has made Blizzard lazy, which sucked because in the original WOW, there was some fantastic storytelling and lore going on, but nobody cares about that. Even while leveling new characters people just fly through to max levels because it's all about end game and loot so I can see why they stopped trying.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Wow thats cool. I'm thinkin I should have got it for PC, instead of Xbox. There doesn't seem to be any online presence on Xbox. There is like a quick match option where you create a public game, but nobody ever joins.

I think that is how everyone is with this game. It's cool at first because the game play is fantastic but it turns into a gear grind with no story and they need to work on that. WOW has made Blizzard lazy, which sucked because in the original WOW, there was some fantastic storytelling and lore going on, but nobody cares about that. Even while leveling new characters people just fly through to max levels because it's all about end game and loot so I can see why they stopped trying.

Wow made Blizzard complacent if anything, they hit gold so they figured everything else would be gold too. Diablo 3 was a lot of fun until it became repetitive. However, I still love Starcraft 2 and play quite a bit of it actually. I suck, can never get out of gold and silver leagues, but it's still fun.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow made Blizzard complacent if anything, they hit gold so they figured everything else would be gold too. Diablo 3 was a lot of fun until it became repetitive. However, I still love Starcraft 2 and play quite a bit of it actually. I suck, can never get out of gold and silver leagues, but it's still fun.

All those rank and gather games get boring though, I dont think story will help much. It may eek you out a little further though.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
All those rank and gather games get boring though, I dont think story will help much. It may eek you out a little further though.

I get what you're saying forsure BRR, I guess people just keep things interesting by going from game to game. As for me, I will play a game indefinitely if they keep a good story going. Like those walking dead games, dumbest things ever, you barely even play, and I LOVE them, lol. The last of us is my favorite story game ever. Bioshock Infinite, Red Dead Redemption, all really good.

Speaking of story and lore,, that's why I'm addicted to watching five nights at Freddy's game theory videos on youtube.... Hear me out, lol... I dont even like that game, I think I've played it twice. My kids play it all the time. But it's not really about the game, its about what's going on, on the internet right now lol...

Basically everyone is playing the games and there are all kinds of little details hidden in but nothing too definite that you can say this is what forsure happened. It's just kindof an outline.

So alll the kids are posting theory videos, writing songs, having heated arguments over what really happened. It's pretty awesome. Seriously, songs, like fully produced, some of them are good, songs! I've never seen anything like it. There are kids posting videos of them doing covers of the songs. lol

It's funny and really interesting to observe. It's become a phenomenon, google it! haha

Anyways what I'm getting at is that if a game has a really interesting, thought provoking story, it has an amazing effect on the people who play it. That's why I would like some of these to be less about killing a million NPC's or PVP and really take games a step further and make them full experiences. We have all this technology, we can do so much more! :)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get what you're saying forsure BRR, I guess people just keep things interesting by going from game to game. As for me, I will play a game indefinitely if they keep a good story going. Like those walking dead games, dumbest things ever, you barely even play, and I LOVE them, lol. The last of us is my favorite story game ever. Bioshock Infinite, Red Dead Redemption, all really good.

Speaking of story and lore,, that's why I'm addicted to watching five nights at Freddy's game theory videos on youtube.... Hear me out, lol... I dont even like that game, I think I've played it twice. My kids play it all the time. But it's not really about the game, its about what's going on, on the internet right now lol...

Basically everyone is playing the games and there are all kinds of little details hidden in but nothing too definite that you can say this is what forsure happened. It's just kindof an outline.

So alll the kids are posting theory videos, writing songs, having heated arguments over what really happened. It's pretty awesome. Seriously, songs, like fully produced, some of them are good, songs! I've never seen anything like it. There are kids posting videos of them doing covers of the songs. lol

It's funny and really interesting to observe. It's become a phenomenon, google it! haha

Anyways what I'm getting at is that if a game has a really interesting, thought provoking story, it has an amazing effect on the people who play it. That's why I would like some of these to be less about killing a million NPC's or PVP and really take games a step further and make them full experiences. We have all this technology, we can do so much more! :)

Stories do go a long way, I just mean the rank and gather games get mundane for me like diablo. Even oblivion I played for quite some time but about half way through the game I feel like I am just doing in dungeons swinging a sword and get bored with it. Great game one the surface, I just get bored.

I agree the telltale walking dead was amazing and red dead redemption is one of my favorite games ever. I will be pre-ordering part 2 the day it is allowed to be pre-ordered.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Stories do go a long way, I just mean the rank and gather games get mundane for me like diablo. Even oblivion I played for quite some time but about half way through the game I feel like I am just doing in dungeons swinging a sword and get bored with it. Great game one the surface, I just get bored.

I agree the telltale walking dead was amazing and red dead redemption is one of my favorite games ever. I will be pre-ordering part 2 the day it is allowed to be pre-ordered.

Everytime the walking dead games end I'm so bummed. I keep waiting for more episodes to come out for season two, I wasn't ready for it to be over.
Though I did enjoy capping Kenny's ass. :p

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everytime the walking dead games end I'm so bummed. I keep waiting for more episodes to come out for season two, I wasn't ready for it to be over.
Though I did enjoy capping Kenny's ass. :p

Yeah I have only played part of season 1 but I imagine I will be picking it up in the next few weeks again. season 3 is being created and it sounds like at e3 they will announce an expansion for season 2.

June 2nd, 2015:

Tweet from Job Stauffer: That big news for #TheWalkingDead fans we promised? Look for it 9am PST 6/15 on the official @.YouTube LIVE Stream!

Tweet from Job Stauffer: And as we've said before, while it won't be about S3, it WILL be something major for TWD fans in 2015. See you at E3!

Tweet from Geoff Keighley: YouTube Live @ E3 begins Monday, 6/15 at 9 AM. Huge world exclusives, creators, special guests like Robert Kirkman/Telltale Games and more.

Forum Post from Job Stauffer (Page 56): "There WILL be a major announcement for The Walking Dead fans. 9am PST June 15th on Youtube Live at E3."

"Look for The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman and Telltale Games CEO Kevin Bruner with some news you won't want to miss...."

https://www.telltalegames.com/commu...r-but-something-bigger-than-400-days-is-at-e3

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard