Devin Booker future extension

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh brother - Phrazbit, you’re wrong, you’re a liar and you’re behaving like a childish a$$hole.

Shut. Up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL! Wow, you are something else.

No. I won't shut up. If you want to ignore me so you don't have to deal with someone calling out the flaws in your logic and your blatant hypocrisy... go ahead.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh brother - Phrazbit, you’re wrong, you’re a liar and you’re behaving like a childish a$$hole.

Shut. Up.

Dude you've been the one that's been childish in this thread. You've constantly changed the argument because you've been proved wrong numerous times. Rather than accept that you make demands like asking for someone to make a spreadsheet for you or your latest about how people need to quit replying to you. Now you call someone else a liar and childish, for what reason exactly? Nothing Phrazbit said warranted that sort of response. Typically people only lash out with insults like that when they know they are in the wrong.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
LOL! Wow, you are something else.

No. I won't shut up. If you want to ignore me so you don't have to deal with someone calling out the flaws in your logic and your blatant hypocrisy... go ahead.

By all means break down my flawed logic, step by step.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dude you've been the one that's been childish in this thread. You've constantly changed the argument because you've been proved wrong numerous times. Rather than accept that you make demands like asking for someone to make a spreadsheet for you or your latest about how people need to quit replying to you. Now you call someone else a liar and childish, for what reason exactly? Nothing Phrazbit said warranted that sort of response. Typically people only lash out with insults like that when they know they are in the wrong.

Really? Break down exactly where and how I’ve done that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Shut. Up.

I've seen posters banned for much less. How do you expect to be respected?

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you need me to prove al of the above I gladly will

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

Shut. Up.

Dude, cut it out. Even if your claims were reasonable, just say that you don't feel like Booker is a good shooter, and leave it alone. We have all had several rough years as fans, and we don't need posters calling other posters names and telling them to shut up. Present your arguments, move on.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That would be the most hilarious thing, people debating haircuts, and tanking over and again and I try to discuss statistics; people can’t stand what I’m saying so resort to uniformed pot shots, and I get tossed .. go ahead, make my day <insert crying smiley>

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really? Break down exactly where and how I’ve done that.

There's no reason to believe that you'll change or accept things even after it's pointed out, it didn't change anything before when it happened, so I'm stepping away after this post because it doesn't matter how many times someone proves something to you, you'll just resort to personal insults like you've done here with Phrazbit.

Here is you saying Booker isn't a good shooter, denying it, being shown a specific instance of you saying he's not a good shooter, and afterwards you ignored that completely.

I'm only posting this much because if I take the time to show you more you'll complain about the size of this post, it's pointless arguing with you. You don't accept when you're wrong and try reframing things rather than just admitting that you didn't know as much as you thought you did.

You must be registered for see images attach

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dude, cut it out. Even if your claims were reasonable, just say that you don't feel like Booker is a good shooter, and leave it alone. We have all had several rough years as fans, and we don't need posters calling other posters names and telling them to shut up. Present your arguments, move on.

No I will cal them out if they deserve it - Phrazbit deserves it and I will prove everything I’ve said in that post. I’m not apologising for it.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There's no reason to believe that you'll change or accept things even after it's pointed out, it didn't change anything before when it happened, so I'm stepping away after this post because it doesn't matter how many times someone proves something to you, you'll just resort to personal insults like you've done here with Phrazbit.

Here is you saying Booker isn't a good shooter, denying it, being shown a specific instance of you saying he's not a good shooter, and afterwards you ignored that completely.

I'm only posting this much because if I take the time to show you more you'll complain about the size of this post, it's pointless arguing with you. You don't accept when you're wrong and try reframing things rather than just admitting that you didn't know as much as you thought you did.

You must be registered for see images attach

OMFG WHAT PART OF ALL AROUND SHOOTER DONT YOU GET

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I will cal them out if they deserve it - Phrazbit deserves it and I will prove everything I’ve said in that post. I’m not apologising for it.

There’s got to be a better thing you can do with your time than going back and proving all that.

If not... find something, dude.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
In the seven links I provided earlier:

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/fo...r-future-extension.255350/page-7#post-3664262

"if he's going to take 2 point shots and miss them - lots of them - you can't just ignore these"

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/fo...r-future-extension.255350/page-8#post-3664884

"This is not about his 3pt shooting, it's about his 2pt shooting (which is what it's always been about)".

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/fo...r-future-extension.255350/page-9#post-3664892

"Again, his flatlined 2pt% just can't be ignored".

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/fo...r-future-extension.255350/page-9#post-3664894

"Is it just that he has bad team mates and a bad PG (but KD and Durant also did and they improved their 2pt% year on year) or is he just not physically gifted enough to find easier ones?"

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/fo...r-future-extension.255350/page-9#post-3665190

"Sigh, no I wasn't. I said he isn't a great all around shooter (2pt, 3pt and FT's) because he's not; his 2pt% is bad enough that it drags him into the bottom half of all players playing > 500 minutes for TS%".

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/fo...-future-extension.255350/page-10#post-3665463

"Booker is not a great All around shooter in current format because of his not great 2pt shooting %".

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/fo...-future-extension.255350/page-10#post-3665764

"What part of not-great 2pt% but good otherwise don't you understand"?

HERE’S SEVEN TIMES I CLARIFIED THAT (FOR THE THIRD TIME)

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There’s got to be a better thing you can do with your time than going back and proving all that.

If not... find something, dude.

Lol, there definitely is - as soon as I’m done with this thread I’m taking a breather even though I’ve tried 3 times already

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
@3rdside

Here are some Suns forum rules you should read:
These are subject to additions or changes but as they stand now:

#1. No cursing. There are children that visit this site. Please assume that they are lurking at any time. Cursing in a post will result in post removal and eventually more.

#2. No insults. While any internet message board will eventually have disagreements, it is possible to disagree without getting personal. Calling someone an idiot isn't acceptable.

#3. No multiple accounts. Anyone caught having multiple accounts will have one of their accounts banned.

#4. No trolling. If you are visiting this site from another board than you will act like a guest. If not you will be removed. This includes taunting with images and what not. If you wish to act as such, there is a place for that on the board called the Smack Shack.

#5 Honor the trade forum. Relevant reported trade discussions are welcome in the main Suns forum as news. If you have a trade idea that you created on your own or co-opted from another non-news source, please put it in the trade forum.

#6. Moderator decisions are final. Publicly complaining about them will only result in further action.

#7 No inappropriate images. If you wouldn't want your mother to see it than don't post it.

These posted rules count as your warning. It is your responsibility as a user of this site to promote a healthy community and behave accordingly. Penalties will depend on the severity of the infraction but will usually result in a short break from the Suns board. Trolling will be dealt with harshest.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m probably a little guilty of it by virtue of the fact that I can’t watch most games but surely you can see that I’ve deep dived behind the crude PER number, right?

1. His crude PER number is decent, as phrazbit pointed out.

2. When looking at his PPG however, there’s a huge gap between this and his PER.

While scoring (and number of shots taken to score) doesn’t = PER, it is the biggest driver of it so the question is why the big gap (by far and away the biggest gap out of the top 50 scorers in the league)?

3. The answer is his poor 2pt% and only decent 3pt%.

None of this suggests he’s a historically great shooter, as Phrazbit would like to believe, and it indicates quite clearly that he’s a relatively inefficient player (E standing for Efficiency in PER), not least because he also records a reasonably high number of assists.

PER isn’t perfect but it’s telling me enough that a tire kick on Booker before giving him the max is not a dumb idea even though we all see the potential there. But potential is just a word and stats are ‘facts’, as misleading as they can be sometimes.

Now please stop replying to my posts so I can leave this thread for good [emoji4]

Here’s my argument - by all means show me where I’ve deviated from this line on this thread.

And I didn’t demand a spreadsheet (lol) I asked you to statistically back up your comment:

“Booker is historically one of the greatest shooters”

But you can’t do that, so you revert to a attacking in other - off beat - ways, which is both hilarious seeing you lash out like this and frustrating because I’m still here in this thread.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
You’ll ban me before I apologise

Yet you are calling other's childish? It's really quite simple. Disagree all you want, but don't resort to calling people names or telling them to shut up. Someone disagreeing with you should not be enough to cause you to resort to those things.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For what, saying what I said to Phrazbit?

Again, I can prove every bit of it.

Or was it the brain fart comment to poop head?

I’ve been saying for years to poop head that he rattles on and is doing himself no favours doing this, so when he regurgitates back to me word for word literally what I said about 2 pages earlier, on a thread that’s been going for weeks, I’m calling him out on that too.

But whatever, focus on the one post and convince yourself that I’m the bad guy in all of this.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yet you are calling other's childish? It's really quite simple. Disagree all you want, but don't resort to calling people names or telling them to shut up. Someone disagreeing with you should not be enough to cause you to resort to those things.

If someone is wrong but won’t admit it..

If someone lies about my argument...

If someone gets sarcastic about all of the above.

If someone does this over and over again...

Well that’s a wrong, lying, childish a$$hole right there.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If someone is wrong but won’t admit it..

If someone lies about my argument...

If someone gets sarcastic about all of the above.

If someone does this over and over again...

Well that’s a wrong, lying, childish a$$hole right there.

Hmm...

Nah...

Not wrong.

Didn't lie.

And as far as making things snippy, sarcastic and childish... you ought to reread the thread, you were dominating those areas before you and I even really started talking much.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn