Devin Booker = Franchise Player?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Frye, dragic, green and Morris ALL said something about the Suns' player management; that is unusual.

Maybe mcd was just cleaning house, so what happened with these guys is largely irrelevant, but given that we have undoubtedly taken a reputation hit as an organisation - enabled via their numerous post-trade comments in the media - and that mcd that has a long was to go to prove his all-round competence, it's nonsense to ignore - completely - the view that the suns don't know how to treat guys.

Yeah, where there is smoke, there is fire. It's the same theme, and some of those guys are just not trouble-makers.

Its just the way it works. Fans almost always side with the team and the front office rather than the players. Any time a player bad mouths the front office, the fans turn against that player. It happens basically in every sport and every team. Of course its not fair but that's just how it works because fans are fans of the team, not just individual players.

Its also part of the reason why during league lockouts, the fans always take the owners side and never the players.

In my opinion, even if Booker were to say something bad tomorrow about McD or Sarver or whoever, vast majority (if not even more) of Suns would bash him and immediately side with McD or Sarver.

Regardless of whether you believe in the stuff the former Suns players say about the team or not, it further taints the organization's perception and reputation which wasn't great to begin with.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its just the way it works. Fans almost always side with the team and the front office rather than the players. Any time a player bad mouths the front office, the fans turn against that player. It happens basically in every sport and every team. Of course its not fair but that's just how it works because fans are fans of the team, not just individual players.

Its also part of the reason why during league lockouts, the fans always take the owners side and never the players.

In my opinion, even if Booker were to say something bad tomorrow about McD or Sarver or whoever, vast majority (if not even more) of Suns would bash him and immediately side with McD or Sarver.

Regardless of whether you believe in the stuff the former Suns players say about the team or not, it further taints the organization's perception and reputation which wasn't great to begin with.

lol, this is clearly directed at me.

You took my ripping of the team over their moves in 2012/13 as evidence that I was a troll. Any member of the larger forum community here can attest that I am no base homer. I killed the Cardinals during the final years of the Graves Whiz era, especially over the Kolb fiasco, I killed the Dbacks over Towers and I made long long rants concerning the idiocy of the Suns during the Lance Blanks era.

I call em like I see em.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lol, this is clearly directed at me.

You took my ripping of the team over their moves in 2012/13 as evidence that I was a troll. Any member of the larger forum community here can attest that I am no base homer. I killed the Cardinals during the final years of the Graves Whiz era, especially over the Kolb fiasco, I killed the Dbacks over Towers and I made long long rants concerning the idiocy of the Suns during the Lance Blanks era.

I call em like I see em.

You were a troll then. :mulli:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My posts aren't directed at any one person, if it is then the post would address that person's username or I'd quote them.

As for siding with the front office over player, I have seen it happen with numerous people everywhere.

The time it frustrated me the most was when as a Charger fan, LT (greatest player in team history) left the Chargers to sign with NYJ and had some words to say about the dysfunction in SD (which was all true) and quite a bit of fans immediately turned on him.

When Nash asked to be traded to the Lakers, his reputation took a hit among fans in the desert despite everything he gave for the Suns as well. Thankfully I don't think Nash actually bad mouthed the organization or anything.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
My posts aren't directed at any one person, if it is then the post would address that person's username or I'd quote them.

As for siding with the front office over player, I have seen it happen with numerous people everywhere.

The time it frustrated me the most was when as a Charger fan, LT (greatest player in team history) left the Chargers to sign with NYJ and had some words to say about the dysfunction in SD (which was all true) and quite a bit of fans immediately turned on him.

When Nash asked to be traded to the Lakers, his reputation took a hit among fans in the desert despite everything he gave for the Suns as well. Thankfully I don't think Nash actually bad mouthed the organization or anything.

Without commenting on fans siding with anyone, I just want to comment on Nash. It was time to rebuild, and the Suns could not start that process with Nash. I think both Nash and Sarver were class-acts in that situation. Sarver agreed to trade him where he wanted to go, and Nash publically thanked him and praised him for it. I know some fans were upset that he went to the Lakers, but I honestly don't think too many people are upset at either Nash or Sarver about that.

I do remember hearing some things about Hill being pissed off at Sarver about something, but not Nash.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That was about hating the Lakers. Once you become a Laker you are hated by most Suns fans. And he was until he retired (for some it was until he was injured) and then he was beloved again. That's just the nature of being a sports fan and rivalries.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It also made it easy to love Nash again when the his (and D'Antoni's) stay with the Lakers turned into an unmitigated disaster.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
It also made it easy to love Nash again when the his (and D'Antoni's) stay with the Lakers turned into an unmitigated disaster.

Yeah

As soon as they both left, the Lakers became champions. Many loyal Laker fans say that the Lakers have never looked so good. They might repeat their accomplishments next season.

It is obvious to everyone that Mike and Steve were the major problems for the Laker demise, the talent was there. What Byron Scott has been able accomplish is amazing.

It really is close to the fantastic results the Suns have achieved since they no longer have had to deal with Steve and Mike.

The Knicks and the great Carmelo Anthony with PHil Jackson leading the way have won multiple rings since MDA left them as well, oh wait.

Byron Scott will undoubtedly have a shrine constructed of him in front of Staples center for turning around the disaster that both those guys created. Magic Johnson will be pictured next him with a stare of utter respect for his coaching accomplishments.

Give it a rest

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah

As soon as they both left, the Lakers became champions. Many loyal Laker fans say that the Lakers have never looked so good. They might repeat their accomplishments next season.

It is obvious to everyone that Mike and Steve were the major problems for the Laker demise, the talent was there. What Byron Scott has been able accomplish is amazing.

It really is close to the fantastic results the Suns have achieved since they no longer have had to deal with Steve and Mike.

The Knicks and the great Carmelo Anthony with PHil Jackson leading the way have won multiple rings since MDA left them as well, oh wait.

Byron Scott will undoubtedly have a shrine constructed of him in front of Staples center for turning around the disaster that both those guys created. Magic Johnson will be pictured next him with a stare of utter respect for his coaching accomplishments.

Give it a rest

lol, do have a program that alerts you when someone mentions D'Antoni's name on here?

Nash broke his leg, he was never the same, D'Antoni chased Dwight out of town and relegated Gasol to the bench. Regardless of what you think of their tenures or talent there is no questioning that their time with the Lakers was a train wreck. You might quite possibly be literally the only person (including Nash and Mike themselves I suspect) who would argue otherwise.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
He got All-Rookie First Team

Deserved.

Edit: Actually he got the third-most first-team votes, behind only Towns and Porzingis. I didn't see the breakdown of the ROY voting, but it sounds like he was third or at worst fourth for that.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The good thing is that Booker has a higher ceiling than almost all the rookies. Maybe Towns could be a superstar and Booker a star. I don't think Porzingis will be anything more than he is now.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The good thing is that Booker has a higher ceiling than almost all the rookies. Maybe Towns could be a superstar and Booker a star. I don't think Porzingis will be anything more than he is now.

You think Porzingis has reached his ceiling at 20 years old?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Heck no I think Porzingis has a very high ceiling. I don't even think he's scratched the surface of what he's able to do.

And I think some of the underrated rookies like Myles Turner, Bobby Portis, Josh Richardson, Julius Randle, and Trey Lyles all have some pretty high ceilings. Even Russel.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to Devin Booker for making the All-Rookie First Team.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3rd highest vote getter. Clearly 25 voters put DAR on the first team and Booker on the second.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whats the deal with these contentless messages? For me, clicking on them doesn't lead to anything

I'm not sure what's going on for you but the article goes on to say that Paul George mentioned Russell and Randle as players he was impressed by and then added Booker's name to the group. The writer then points out that it might not mean much though as George and the 2 Lakers all share the same agent.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
A lot of people have been giving him praise. Here is a video of him getting a ton of praise from coaches and players on team USA.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard