Deshaun Watson to Cleveland Browns

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Of course, most average reasonable people could live off a #2 CB's salary and consider themselves upper class. We are talking about stars here and egos, Brady has an ego too, so it's not about having comfy or even good money but extravagant money which he achieves along with his super model wife. If you think he's giving a discount simply to win without his beneficial financial situation that includes his wife, a financial state which must be beyond our comprehension, then you are lacking the proper perspective according to the financially elite. Tom does not want to be 'just fine' and is able to go beyond that with his marriage

There's more ways to stroke his ego though than money. Having the most rings of anyone and going down as the GOAT is a massive ego play. Any decent QB can get a big contract but most can't get rings for every finger. That would drive me as much as the money. If I'm given the choice between $30m/year on an average team or $20m/year on a team that competes for the SB every year then I'm taking the latter. I can live pretty comfortably off of either amount. Your legacy last longer than your money. That's why billionaires like Gates get so philanthropic when they get older.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I read an article saying he was particularly fond of the taint massage.

Because I just couldn’t live with myself knowing I didn’t tell you all that!
That's a thing?

Bout how much they get for that?

Just curious..

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I read that there is a clause in the contract that is there is a certain number of new credible allegations that come out post signing, they can void the whole deal. Credible will be interesting to prove and I'm sure will go to court if it happens. I'll see if I can find it.
Brandt said that isn't true for the first two years.

Essentially Watson could rape the Browns owner's daughter, and $92 million is still 100% guaranteed.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Miami Dolphins are looking smarter and smarter. For those that didn't see it last week when the 23rd woman filed a complaint on page 2 it disclosed that Watson had offered 100K to settle with all 22 earlier women. The reason for that it turns out is back in October they had a trade with Miami, but Miami was so concerned what's happening to Cleveland might happen to them they insisted that Watson HAD to get a settlement with all 22 women, and that part of that settlment was women had to sign NDA's. the NDA was said to be "very aggressive" , essentially you won't say anything to anybody, ever. Something like 16 of the women had agreed to it but the rest said no the NDA is a deal breaker. After talking to the women apparently about half of the 16 also changed their minds said now that they fully understood the NDA they thought it was a bad thing. they didn't want to be unable to defend themselves publicly if people started saying see they just wanted cash.

So the trade didn't happen and he's not a Dolphin. He offered to pay 2.2 million in settlements but the NDA killed it.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The Miami Dolphins are looking smarter and smarter. For those that didn't see it last week when the 23rd woman filed a complaint on page 2 it disclosed that Watson had offered 100K to settle with all 22 earlier women. The reason for that it turns out is back in October they had a trade with Miami, but Miami was so concerned what's happening to Cleveland might happen to them they insisted that Watson HAD to get a settlement with all 22 women, and that part of that settlment was women had to sign NDA's. the NDA was said to be "very aggressive" , essentially you won't say anything to anybody, ever. Something like 16 of the women had agreed to it but the rest said no the NDA is a deal breaker. After talking to the women apparently about half of the 16 also changed their minds said now that they fully understood the NDA they thought it was a bad thing. they didn't want to be unable to defend themselves publicly if people started saying see they just wanted cash.

So the trade didn't happen and he's not a Dolphin. He offered to pay 2.2 million in settlements but the NDA killed it.
I wouldn't exactly state the Dolphins are looking smart or smarter, staying away from Watson after all the allegations is a pretty obvious stance... but the Browns are looking dumb and dumber as this goes on

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't exactly state the Dolphins are looking smart or smarter, staying away from Watson after all the allegations is a pretty obvious stance... but the Browns are looking dumb and dumber as this goes on

I think it was smart because at the time it was pretty widely reported they were going to trade for Watson and they were convinced it was safe to do so but in reality they were smart enough to demand protection in the form of settlements and NDA's that proved those cases weren't going to be a problem. Not getting that they didn't do the deal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose