Deshaun Watson to Cleveland Browns

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly. And where is Brady on that list? There is a reason he is the GOAT and has 7 superbowl titles. He has always put winning above having the title of being the highest paid QB. Kyler and these new age QB's could learn something from him.

So I assume your going into your job tomorrow and saying you’ll take less money so they can hire some good guys.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Exactly. And where is Brady on that list? There is a reason he is the GOAT and has 7 superbowl titles. He has always put winning above having the title of being the highest paid QB. Kyler and these new age QB's could learn something from him.
Easy, when your endorsements and wife are making more money than most guys combined contracts lol

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Exactly. They just need to find a significant other that is much richer than them then they’ll start winning championships.
Correct me of Im wrong but didn’t he marry a sugarmama Gisele Bundchen. Pretty sure she makes way more than Tom…
I'm pretty sure Brady and his future generations would be just fine financially with or without his wife's money. Between his earnings, endorsements and future TV money you think he would struggle to put food on the table without his wife's income?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That was the point I made last week after the guy on one of those NFL sites made it, the thing about the Watson case that nobody seems to be mentioning is who do you know that gets that many massages from that many different people? Pro athletes use massages absolutely because of how hard they train and work out, but it seems very odd to have that many different people you would find 1 or a few that you think do a good job and stick with them. You don't get 66 different people in that kind of time frame it just made no sense.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
He'll get 45+.

I'm pretty sure Brady and his future generations would be just fine financially with or without his wife's money. Between his earnings, endorsements and future TV money you think he would struggle to put food on the table without his wife's income?
Of course, most average reasonable people could live off a #2 CB's salary and consider themselves upper class. We are talking about stars here and egos, Brady has an ego too, so it's not about having comfy or even good money but extravagant money which he achieves along with his super model wife. If you think he's giving a discount simply to win without his beneficial financial situation that includes his wife, a financial state which must be beyond our comprehension, then you are lacking the proper perspective according to the financially elite. Tom does not want to be 'just fine' and is able to go beyond that with his marriage

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was the point I made last week after the guy on one of those NFL sites made it, the thing about the Watson case that nobody seems to be mentioning is who do you know that gets that many massages from that many different people? Pro athletes use massages absolutely because of how hard they train and work out, but it seems very odd to have that many different people you would find 1 or a few that you think do a good job and stick with them. You don't get 66 different people in that kind of time frame it just made no sense.

He admits in the article the skill of the masseuse had no bearing on who he picked so let's just drop the pretense that it is athletic recovery related

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I could certainly see that the NFL is on thin ice because they worry about the PR for the league and the more stuff that comes out the worse it looks for them.

If nobody else had come forward they could just say hey no criminal charges we are suspending him for 4(?) games for some league rule violations(related to Covid at the time) and that's it. But too much new stuff has come out if they do that now they look bad.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
One of the thing Andrew Brandt said about Deshaun Watson's contract is that the first two years are 100% guaranteed...no way of getting that money back.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the thing Andrew Brandt said about Deshaun Watson's contract is that the first two years are 100% guaranteed...no way of getting that money back.
I read that there is a clause in the contract that is there is a certain number of new credible allegations that come out post signing, they can void the whole deal. Credible will be interesting to prove and I'm sure will go to court if it happens. I'll see if I can find it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose