DENVER paid Plummer a $13 MILLION BONUS! HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Second Deck

Registered
Reaction score
We all know all the posters on this board are much more football savy than the Bronco's staff and are a much better judge of talent. Jake will be very successful in Denver where he has an established running game and stability in the coaches and players around him.

I have no confidence in Graves at all and would cut him today if I had my way. Not tagging Boston was terrible. He is the best receiver I have seen wear the red in AZ. Way to go Rod. I have not seen them bring in any WR for looks.

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Any truth to the rumor that Jake will be the Nuggets point guard until mini-camp opens? He can be like Jason Kidd with those no-look, behind the back passes.

Northern Card

All Star
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tangodnzr
I'm not totally sure on this, someone like Russ might be able to clarify this more, but I believe the 6 million signing bonuses will be paid each year at the start of the season. I'm guessing 1 mill each year for the rest of the contract. So the real cash layed out right now is 7 mil.

Like I said I'm not sure, but that's my first edumucated guess.

SI.com's Don Banks reports that Plummer agreed to a seven-year contract worth just more than $40 million, including a $7 million signing bonus. The contract calls for another $6 million in the form of an option bonus in March 2005.

In other words, the contract is probably backloaded. He's guaranteed the 7m initial bonus and salary (possibly close to minimum) over the next two seasons, and the crunch comes in 2005 when they have to pay the second bonus. If he's still in their plans, they would likely restructure..

At this point, it would seem that the Broncos are fully committed to not much more than 8 to 9M...