DENVER paid Plummer a $13 MILLION BONUS! HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Broncos | Big Bucks For Plummer - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
14:19 PT: Updating earlier stories, ESPN.com reports QB Jake Plummer agreed to a seven-year, $40 million contract with the Denver Broncos. The deal calls for $13 million in guaranteed bonuses, including $7 million to sign and a $6 million signing bonus.

WHAT A BUNCH OF MORONS!!!!!!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not clear what the difference is between 7 million to sign, and a 6 million signing bonus? Is this 2 tiered?

Anybody else notice this with Boston, 6 years, 6 million bonus, 6 million per year? 6 6 6 bad omen for the Chargers.

I'm reaching for a reason to not be mad about Boston.

Denver fan here at work saw the terms of the Plummer deal and about gagged on his hamburger.

My first question, what do they plan on doing when Portis' agent asks to have his contract redone? You can almost bet it's going to happen if you know anything about Portis he's a VERY big ego guy, big talker, no way he'll play out the terms of his contract without complaining he was a 2nd round pick playing like a Pro Bowler.

I guess I'm reduced to finding cap hell in teams signing our players away.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$13 Million for Jake is a Joke - wayyyyy too much.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Russ Smith
I'm not clear what the difference is between 7 million to sign, and a 6 million signing bonus? Is this 2 tiered?

Anybody else notice this with Boston, 6 years, 6 million bonus, 6 million per year? 6 6 6 bad omen for the Chargers.

I'm reaching for a reason to not be mad about Boston.

Denver fan here at work saw the terms of the Plummer deal and about gagged on his hamburger.

My first question, what do they plan on doing when Portis' agent asks to have his contract redone? You can almost bet it's going to happen if you know anything about Portis he's a VERY big ego guy, big talker, no way he'll play out the terms of his contract without complaining he was a 2nd round pick playing like a Pro Bowler.

I guess I'm reduced to finding cap hell in teams signing our players away.

HAHAHA FUNNY!

Its a sad day in Cardinal land...Hate to sound NEMish, but I would really like to email Graves and bitch at him about this blunder regarding Boston....

As far as Plummer is concerned, well, all I can say is god bye and good riddance!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Yeah,i'm sure the rest of the NFL is laughing at Denver.They said who they wanted and got him.Most every team has,except for one.We just waste money on visits.Plummer's contract also just upped the price for of Kordell.But we let him wlak and a have a market established at a much higher level than the Cards wanted.Another good move by the savior,Rod Graves.

OP
OP
E

Ed B

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Russ, they'll ax Portis and draft another RB. They never pay their RBs (Davis is an exception) because anyone can run behind that line.

ChiCard

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cbus cardsfan
Yeah,i'm sure the rest of the NFL is laughing at Denver.They said who they wanted and got him.Most every team has,except for one.We just waste money on visits.Plummer's contract also just upped the price for of Kordell.But we let him wlak and a have a market established at a much higher level than the Cards wanted.Another good move by the savior,Rod Graves.

I don't think so. Plummer was considered the cream of the crop. And what does that say about QB's in the NFL? Stewert will not command anything near that much. 13 million???? They've got rocks in their head.

OP
OP
E

Ed B

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by ChiCard
I don't think so. Plummer was considered the cream of the crop. And what does that say about QB's in the NFL? Stewert will not command anything near that much. 13 million???? They've got rocks in their head.

Stewart is all that's left, though.

Nothing quite like the bargaining power you get when you're the last remaining option. I mean, who else are the Cards gonna threaten to turn to, Gus Frerotte?

And now we have to outbid the Bears for stewart.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That contract will come back to haunt the Bronco's and thier fans just like it did here when we had to let guys like Centers and Lomas Brown go.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Steinberg,i believe he is Stewarts agent,will match up numbers and production and will show that Stewart has been a better QB.He is also PLummer's agent.So don't think Stewart signing won't be affected by Plummer's.

OP
OP
E

Ed B

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Stewart is all that's left on the market and he knows it. Nothing like having to overpay for a mediocre QB.........

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed B
Broncos | Big Bucks For Plummer - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
14:19 PT: Updating earlier stories, ESPN.com reports QB Jake Plummer agreed to a seven-year, $40 million contract with the Denver Broncos. The deal calls for $13 million in guaranteed bonuses, including $7 million to sign and a $6 million signing bonus.

WHAT A BUNCH OF MORONS!!!!!!

Granted that's way out of the realm of anything anyone here was thinking of! Imagine this plus the $25 MM from Cards if he collects it all! $65,000,000 for a QB with a 65% career rating. It boggles the mind - they're paying him like he was Elway re-incarnate and $13,000,000 of it he pockets before taking (or muffing) a single snap.

The Broncos however are not run by a bunch of morons. They must have a stong belief that Jake can get them to the SB. Although always a Bronco hater, I for one will be pulling for Jake to deliver and be successful(except against us of course).

pinnacle

Reaction score
if we get outbid for kordell...we will do the following:

1. sign a backup like todd collins to a cheap contract
2. see what happens and maybe take a qb in the draft.
3. if we do not take a qb in the draft..we will take greise when he is cut in june..

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Steinberg is not Jake's agent. David Dunn is. That's one of the reasons why Dunn may be getting decertified any time now. He and Steinberg parted ways and he basically "stole" a bunch of Steinberg's clients.

OP
OP
E

Ed B

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by pinnacle

3. if we do not take a qb in the draft..we will take greise when he is cut in june..

Oooh, nice point. Forgot that Griese is still an option.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm not totally sure on this, someone like Russ might be able to clarify this more, but I believe the 6 million signing bonuses will be paid each year at the start of the season. I'm guessing 1 mill each year for the rest of the contract. So the real cash layed out right now is 7 mil.

Like I said I'm not sure, but that's my first edumucated guess.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tangodnzr
I'm not totally sure on this, someone like Russ might be able to clarify this more, but I believe the 6 million signing bonuses will be paid each year at the start of the season. I'm guessing 1 mill each year for the rest of the contract. So the real cash layed out right now is 7 mil.

Like I said I'm not sure, but that's my first edumucated guess.

Tango -I want in on that 9-7 v 0-16 bet for 100 per game - why no answer -I';M SERIOUS!

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sorry Cheesy.

First of all its a personal morality issue.......my conscience will only allow me to fleece one ignorant fule at a time.

Secondly, I'm serious about the offer to him. The Cards may not go 9-7....but they could. I KNOW they are not going to go 0-16. If they go 5-11 I take $100 bucks of his money and maybe he learns to engage his brain before putting his mouth in gear.

Just consider it a favor that I give you the learning opportunity for free. :cool:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tangodnzr
Sorry Cheesy.

First of all its a personal morality issue.......my conscience will only allow me to fleece one ignorant fule at a time.

Secondly, I'm serious about the offer to him. The Cards may not go 9-7....but they could. I KNOW they are not going to go 0-16. If they go 5-11 I take $100 bucks of his money and maybe he learns to engage his brain before putting his mouth in gear.

Just consider it a favor that I give you the learning opportunity for free. :cool:

Tango - i will seriously up that offer to 200 dollars a game - this team ain't winning more than 4 games this year. Come on man - it would give us something else to rail on each other about!:D

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Originally posted by pinnacle

All of which beat having Jake back so I'm cool with that.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
This takes the cake.

This is so much a slam at the Cardinals it's not funny.

Shanahan should wipe that silly assed grin off his face long enough to realize that we coddled Plummer by rebuilding an entire side of the ball for him and then watched as it was the least productive unit this last year when everyone was realitively healthy he probably would crap down both legs and just mumble off into the mountains.

I give the whole thing one year tops.

I guarantee you that San Diego wins the division then craps out in the playoffs ala Marty ball style.

AzKarl

Veteran
Reaction score
Dunn is Plummer's agent

Originally posted by Cbus cardsfan
Steinberg,i believe he is Stewarts agent,will match up numbers and production and will show that Stewart has been a better QB.He is also PLummer's agent.So don't think Stewart signing won't be affected by Plummer's.

Steinberg has not been Plummer's agent for some time. David Dunn is Plummer's agent.

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
I have a few Bronco friends, and they are complaining why didn't the Broncos learn their lesson from overpaying Griese, which has kept them scrambling with the salary cap.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I told everyone here that Plummer would be making huge money. Imagine if he went to chitown. He was offered even more money to play there. We here at this board may think they are crazy but im sure the broncos and some of there fans are thrilled. I wonder what the talk on the board will be IF in january jake is still playing, it would probably get better if he plays in February(that is when the pro bowl is correct???).I personally dont give a rats ass how much money they paid for him because there salary cap has no affect on the cardinals, and i know ed about the kordell being the only one left thing BUT the cards could just say we are also interested in griese and bring him down a peg. No way kordell asks anything near than what jake got.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA