Denied access to ASFN/Security block

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I'm in Europe right now transitioning to Africa. For some reason I am blocked from visiting this site when using any local wifi, but not cell data. However, my cell data is a precious commodity and I want to use it for when I am outside wifi coverage. Has anyone else experienced this/know what I need to do to circumvent it? I promise I am not logging in here to advertise iphone 13 pros for only 20 Algerian dinar...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in Europe right now transitioning to Africa. For some reason I am blocked from visiting this site when using any local wifi, but not cell data. However, my cell data is a precious commodity and I want to use it for when I am outside wifi coverage. Has anyone else experienced this/know what I need to do to circumvent it? I promise I am not logging in here to advertise iphone 13 pros for only 20 Algerian dinar...
VPN software is your best friend.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use VPN software. You need to pretend your internet connection is not coming from the country you are in. There is likely IP filtering by internet companies (in this case Cloudflare) through their security services in your country due to suspected nefarious activity. (terrorism, cyber crimes, etc)

For example, even my home networking equipment can stop all website traffic that originates in Russia.

But Cloudflare has been known to be uber aggressive in its blocking.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What country? Sometimes there are inherent filters to prevent spammers from accessing from different countries.

OP
OP
speedy

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Thanks for the help everyone. I'm good now. I've stepped foot on 4 continents in the last 65hrs, some places a bit sketchy, but the one I would consider the greenist of zones (Frankfurt, in the VIP lounge) was where I was getting blocked access... Women, whiskey, smokeless tobacco and this forum are routine habits of mine.