Defense sucked the life out of team

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The supposed super duper transcendent QB is supposed to overcome those obstacles. Instead he bellied up yesterday.Do you Understand that?DO YOU?DO YOU?:barf:
Need to start compiling idiotic posts like these for later.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The supposed super duper transcendent QB is supposed to overcome those obstacles. Instead he bellied up yesterday.Do you Understand that?DO YOU?DO YOU?:barf:

Ok, so you won't answer the question.

Pretty much says you know your criticism is stupid.

OP
OP
K

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
The two drops hurt by Sherfield and Kirk probably cost them 10 easy points at least, but the freaking defense was horrendous, gashed for 5 yards up the gut every run, receivers wide open, no inside pass rush, no creativity, no different looks, what the f was the defensive game plan with their two best play makers and a backup QB, it was coaching and player malfeasance

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Carolina answered every score with their own score, the McCaffreyy 76 yard sucked the life out of team.

Just a horrible defensive effort, you know you have to stop McCaffrey and Olsen, and they failed miserably.
The game was lost by the D scoring 20 Points, having more ToP and same amount of First downs means the D didn't play all game. And we really had only 3 Stops, 1 by the time and 2 by Chandler Jones. That was it, that is not enough.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't buy our D is terrible. The D fell apart late yesterday, but 10 of the points were gifted on INTs. They also held the Ravens to less points than the Chiefs. We also held the Lions to less than Eagles. Not saying those are world beater D's but they rack up wins.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, so you won't answer the question.

Pretty much says you know your criticism is stupid.
\

The only thing stupid is the inability to place some blame where it belongs.Thats okay the Kylerkultboys will continue to deflect and ignore any shortcomings from the "anointed one".Pretty much shows your blinders are on as usual but I expect nothing different since that seems to be standard procedure from you.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Not in his third game.

Not in his new to the nfl head coaches third game.

You people are crazy. You think Nick Bosa, or Quinon Williams and Josh Rosen would have won the game for us yesterday? DO YOU?

Do I think that the future might be a little brighter and we wouldn't be giving up 157 rushing yards per game (bottom 5) with Quinnen instead of Rodney Gunter? Or Bosa being able to spell the outside linebacker we currently have that's not going to be on this team next year?

It's not like Andy Isabella has done anything in return for what was three picks last year. A single catch maybe would be nice.

Sure, maybe Rosen wouldn't have won a single game yet either, but at least I'd know that we could dump him next year. Can't do that with Kyler, really.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The two drops hurt by Sherfield and Kirk probably cost them 10 easy points at least, but the freaking defense was horrendous, gashed for 5 yards up the gut every run, receivers wide open, no inside pass rush, no creativity, no different looks, what the f was the defensive game plan with their two best play makers and a backup QB, it was coaching and player malfeasance
I seem to recall a seriies of 4 or 5 plays where K1 either loses his footing or has his legs wiped out by enemy tacklers. Combine these with a ridiculous penalties differential between the 2 teams along with the 2 drops - and it tells you a lot about why we lost.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't buy our D is terrible. The D fell apart late yesterday, but 10 of the points were gifted on INTs. They also held the Ravens to less points than the Chiefs. We also held the Lions to less than Eagles. Not saying those are world beater D's but they rack up wins.

The D fell apart late yesterday? Really? They were awful the entire game.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The D fell apart late yesterday? Really? They were awful the entire game.

The defense did their job in the first half excluding that long TD 30 seconds before it ended. Before that they had limited to them 7 points and had a TO. I wouldn't call that being awful all game.

The TD at the end of the 3rd they gave up to McCaffrey was bad, but even then it was a one score game until KM threw an INT that spotted their O almost in the red zone. Those last 10 pts were on the offense.

So yes, I contend the D did fine for the early part of the game. I don't care so what it looks like if they are keeping points off the board.

The avg D is giving up 23pts per game last year, which is why I say even if the D was avg last game as opposed to below avg, the O didn't do enough to win the game either. Sure the offense had it's it's moments, but so did the D. The final measuring stick is the scoreboard and neither did their part, win or lose.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The defense did their job in the first half excluding that long TD 30 seconds before it ended. Before that they had limited to them 7 points and had a TO. I wouldn't call that being awful all game.

The TD at the end of the 3rd they gave up to McCaffrey was bad, but even then it was a one score game until KM threw an INT that spotted their O almost in the red zone. Those last 10 pts were on the offense.

So yes, I contend the D did fine for the early part of the game. I don't care so what it looks like if they are keeping points off the board.

The avg D is giving up 23pts per game last year, which is why I say even if the D was avg last game as opposed to below avg, the O didn't do enough to win the game either. Sure the offense had it's it's moments, but so did the D. The final measuring stick is the scoreboard and neither did their part, win or lose.

The D was spotted 3 leads and gave them up. How you rail on Murray and the offense and give this D a pass is beyond me. Articles are flying as to how bad they are. They even know it.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
couldn't agree more, the offense has looked better than it has in a long long time despite limited weapons for Murray.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
couldn't agree more, the offense has looked better than it has in a long long time despite limited weapons for Murray.

Long time? 2017 wasn’t long ago. This certainly doesn’t sniff the 2016 offense so you can’t compare those two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk