Dear Darksiders

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:|

Even the Darksiders are happy about the win, but we just scored 30 without an offensive TD. Can't exactly take that to the bank.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Hey we won, but wins like this mask this problems this team has. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy but unless Hall turns out to be what we hope he is the team is still set to let us down.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
TAKE THAT!

:thewave:

:koolaid:

:newcards:

Dear Lightsiders:

While you're probably mixing up the kool aid in 250,000 gallon vats right now, we'd caution against it. Need we remind you that we had no rushing TD's, no passing TD's, and no KR/PR TD's. Defense showed up in a big way - directly getting us 14 points. However, this was against a team that had played MIN, SF, ATL, and CAR - and never won a game by more than 5 points.

The Cards fan in me is exuberant that we won this game (one which I thought would be a blow out in the Saints favor), but the darksider in me says that we won it by the football gods favor.

Yes, Hall looked better than Scud. He's a rookie though, and the Saints didn't have much tape on him. This will change by week 10 - and you can expect the learning curve to get very, very steep.

Rushing - 24 carries for 41 yards. W00t!

4 Fumbles. 1 Interception. These stats do not indicate a great team.

Defense is hit and miss by game - a direct hit on this one, but a very big miss against ATL and SD.

Don't mix up all that kool aid just yet.

And, of course, I'm ecstatic that we won this one, going into the bye to let Max Hall practice more, and hopefully we'll have a good showing against the Hags at Qwest.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey we won, but wins like this mask this problems this team has. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy but unless Hall turns out to be what we hope he is the team is still set to let us down.

Yet you still manage to be more negative than positive. ;)

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
4 Fumbles. 1 Interception. These stats do not indicate a great team.

Not a single fumble lost and an overall 4 to 1 turnover ratio says different.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Yet you still manage to be more negative than positive. ;)

I'm in the real world, not Fantasy Island. I'm celebrating with a cold tasty brewski, but still see what lies ahead. Maybe the Cards will use my words to the Super Bowl just like they did the media just 2 seasons ago. :D

Attachments

• fantasy island.jpg
    fantasy island.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 230

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Luck. The football gods smiled upon us.

You say Luck I say great hustle by the guys during the fumble drills. Not losing a single fumble out of 4 is more then just luck, its hustle and determination. Its Lyle running down field when his QB starts to scramble its Levi running along side his QB when he scrambles for the end zone.

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
You say Luck I say great hustle by the guys during the fumble drills. Not losing a single fumble out of 4 is more then just luck, its hustle and determination. Its Lyle running down field when his QB starts to scramble its Levi running along side his QB when he scrambles for the end zone.

This ^^

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm one of the leaders of the darkside and here's what I said about this game:

The hope is turnovers. The one thing our defense has been able to do is force turnovers to beat opponents when tackling hasn't worked.

Carolina and Green Bay playoff games come to mind as does the Rams game this year where the D had 4 takeaways.

The Saints have 5 turnovers in the last 2 games.

Come on New Orleans put the ball on the ground 3-4 times for us. Brees a couple of picks like vs Atlanta would help as well.

Give us some hope.

16-13 Cards in a surprise.

Saints fumble 5 times.

Buckybird

Reaction score

But luck still played a huge part.

We are lucky to be 3-2 but I will take it. :D

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
But luck still played a huge part.

We are lucky to be 3-2 but I will take it. :D

But if the tables were turned it would just be becuase the Saints are a better team and we suck right?

Buckybird

Reaction score
But if the tables were turned it would just be becuase the Saints are a better team and we suck right?

maybe :D

The whole deal is this team has more talent than it's showing defensively & eventually it will catch up to us, things have a way of evening out. Though the football gods owe us about 20 seasons worth :D

Last edited:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A large pitcher...enough for everyone...I'll share

Attachments

• koolaide.jpg
    koolaide.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 678

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

And I would point towards Patrick's fumble on that 3rd and short at the end of the game, where there were more Saints around that ball than Cards, and the only reason we got it was a Saints player trying to keep it in bounds on a blind scoop which dropped right by Fitz.

If Beanie's fumble had bounced differently, there were more Saints going towards that ball than Cards.

Luck.

Regardless, I'm enjoying the win.