Deandre Hopkins Suspended Six Games

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
There is probably a better word than "appeal." Based on what I know, there is cause for the suspension to be reduced no matter what the process is called.

Players and responsible for what goes into their bodies and the first offense for PEDs is six games. Everything I have read characterizes this as wishful thinking at best.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Players and responsible for what goes into their bodies and the first offense for PEDs is six games. Everything I have read characterizes this as wishful thinking at best.

I heard there was a similar case where a player was suspended for less games. This is what I'm referring too. If true, suspensions should be equitable.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A player could eat meat from a Mexican restaurant that has been injected for steroids to help the chicken grow faster and get popped.
You could take vitamins that have one the banned substances and you, or not even the company that made them would know about it.

That is how bad the threshold is right now.

Do I think that is the case with D-Hop, probably not. It is concerning though.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A player could eat meat from a Mexican restaurant that has been injected for steroids to help the chicken grow faster and get popped.
You could take vitamins that have one the banned substances and you, or not even the company that made them would know about it.

That is how bad the threshold is right now.

Do I think that is the case with D-Hop, probably not. It is concerning though.
My pre and intra workouts both have substances banned by the NFL. Thankfully my dreams of playing ended 25 years ago, so I am not worried, but you are right about how easy it is to take something while assuming it is safe.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is he's friends with Allonzo Triers stepdad

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

“On May 2, 2022, the NFL Network reported that DeAndre Hopkins’ suspension came after producing a positive test result for a ‘prohibited substance plus a diuretic or masking agent/attempt to substitute, dilute or adulterate a specimen/attempt to manipulate a test result,'” the union said in a statement. “This reporting was incorrect as Hopkins never tested positive for any diuretic or masking agent and there was absolutely no evidence of any attempt to substitute, dilute, or adulterate any specimen or any attempt to manipulate a test. Pursuant to the 2022 Policy, his discipline is consistent with producing a positive test result for a prohibited substance.”

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
“On May 2, 2022, the NFL Network reported that DeAndre Hopkins’ suspension came after producing a positive test result for a ‘prohibited substance plus a diuretic or masking agent/attempt to substitute, dilute or adulterate a specimen/attempt to manipulate a test result,'” the union said in a statement. “This reporting was incorrect as Hopkins never tested positive for any diuretic or masking agent and there was absolutely no evidence of any attempt to substitute, dilute, or adulterate any specimen or any attempt to manipulate a test. Pursuant to the 2022 Policy, his discipline is consistent with producing a positive test result for a prohibited substance.”
So they are just challenging the narrative, not the ruling nor the suspension.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So they are just challenging the narrative, not the ruling nor the suspension.
He's claimed he didn't know it was in his supplement, so the masking allegations makes it seem that he knew he was taking it. He's trying to clear his name from that. He never denied taking it.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
So if there was no masking agent, shouldn’t it be 2 games instead of 6?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
An anabolic agent is specified at 6 games. I saw an article assuming it was that because it was six games.
In every other sports normally using anabolic agent is minimum 3months and likely a year
So he must be pleased with 6 games suspensions
Hopefully he will be back at his all pro level

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. That's what the NFL network thought too. But the rules have changed.

It used to be 4 + 2 for masking. Now it's 6 + 2 for masking.

They saw 6 and thought "Must be masking" and NFLPA just correcting the record.
Thanks. Hard to keep up with all that stuff.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's claimed he didn't know it was in his supplement, so the masking allegations makes it seem that he knew he was taking it. He's trying to clear his name from that. He never denied taking it.
Sorry but its impossible to clear a name after using anabolic substances even if he didn't use a mask agent
Players at that level knows exactly what they are taking
Is not just 1 case, but more
He is lucky cause the American football rules regarding doping are much more understanding

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Sorry but its impossible to clear a name after using anabolic substances even if he didn't use a mask agent
He is lucky cause the American football rules regarding doping are much more understanding
My question is what are the soccer parameters compared to the American football parameters on what is allowed or not, is it clearer? And what the supplement corporations are selling, is not always what is exactly in the contents, and they do not even fully know to be truthful. I think it is naive to say he did not know but also naive to say he did know... this whole thing is a clusterbeep of mist floating over a bog

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh! First off, he was trying to clear his name for taking the masking agent. That letter does that. Since we now know he didn't take a masking agent and understanding his diet/lifestyle, this was enough for me to feel it was a mistake. It was indeed a mistake and he is at fault and I forgive him. So, to call it impossible is flat wrong.

There are 100s of over the counter supplements that are on the banned NFL list and most don't have enough to make a difference except to fail a test.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose