Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are billing James Gunn as the "Kevin Feige" of the new DCU (no longer named DCEU). James Gun signed an exclusive deal with Warner Bro's and will no longer work on any Marvel related properties after his current contractual obligations are up.

I guess this gives me hope..sort of. I hated SS2 and thought it was downright atrocious with the cliche bad guys and Patrick Star ending. However, maybe he is what they need from an oversight perspective.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
They are billing James Gunn as the "Kevin Feige" of the new DCU (no longer named DCEU). James Gun signed an exclusive deal with Warner Bro's and will no longer work on any Marvel related properties after his current contractual obligations are up.

I guess this gives me hope..sort of. I hated SS2 and thought it was downright atrocious with the cliche bad guys and Patrick Star ending. However, maybe he is what they need from an oversight perspective.
Loved SS2. I guess I like irreverent more than most.

You don't think nearly every Marvel bad guy is cliche?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loved SS2. I guess I like irreverent more than most.

You don't think nearly every Marvel bad guy is cliche?
More cliche than a 3rd world dictator bad guy? No. No and no a million times. That movie blew chunks.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
More cliche than a 3rd world dictator bad guy? No. No and no a million times. That movie blew chunks.
Meh agree to disagree. The villains were the heroes and they were clearly the focus of the movie.

I'd put it above any of the Avengers movies. It was hilarious without killing the characters. The chemistry between Idris Elba and John Cena was great. And Margot Robbie as Harlequin is superb casting. Her and Will Smith were the only good things about the first, God awful Suicide Squad.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh agree to disagree. The villains were the heroes and they were clearly the focus of the movie.

I'd put it above any of the Avengers movies. It was hilarious without killing the characters. The chemistry between Idris Elba and John Cena was great. And Margot Robbie as Harlequin is superb casting. Her and Will Smith were the only good things about the first, God awful Suicide Squad.
I wouldn’t put it above the first Avengers or Infiniti War or Endgame, but SS2 was pretty damn enjoyable.

And Gunn’s follow up Peacemaker was freaking awesome.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I wouldn’t put it above the first Avengers or Infiniti War or Endgame, but SS2 was pretty damn enjoyable.

This is where I’m at. Peacemaker may be the best thing in the DCU (though I enjoy Doom Patrol greatly).

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

You are sidestepping the cliche dictator and his minions. Not the Suicide Squad itself. There is nothing more cliche than that. I will take the first one twice on Sunday before the steaming pile that SS2 was and I agree the bad guys sucked in that movie. By the way many fans didn't even know who Idris Elba was playing running up the movie there was so much confusion or what universe the movie was in. Margot Robbie was the only redeeming thing about that movie other than John Cena getting his own series which is light years better than SS2. Peacemaker is awesome.

Above the Avengers movies? That is a hilarious joke. It doesn't come close to any of the Avenger movies by a long shot.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The original Avengers will always be the standard for a team up movie.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a concept !! LOL

Excited but cautions at the same time. They have a ton of work to do with all these silo worlds running between TV and film. Seems like they are moving ahead with silo projects so how the hell will that be cohesive? My guess is that the new Flash film introduces the multiverse in a way where they can easily explain all these silo projects. However, that is hardly cohesive. It's an easy way out. I am curious to see how Gunn pulls this off. DC has made a massive cluster@#$@#.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson