Dbacks trade news

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
What a dummy. If he had done something 2 weeks ago, this team still has momentum.
Absolutely. That is a poor excuse. However, I do believe him that the market was too high. That part makes sense. You don't want to give up pieces for a rental, or too high a price for older guys. That hasn't really worked for us lately, the older pitchers. I am glad we didn't do something dumb, just to do something.

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score
"I am glad we didn't do something dumb, just to do something."

If that is our opinion of our GM, we're in trouble (but in reality, it probably is)

A smart GM would have acted sooner when the starting rotation was starting to look threadbare (how many contenders have "bullpen games"?).

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
OT E-Rod said no to the dodgers
That is very surprising. Turning down opportunity to go from worst to first and trade DET for LA. Maybe he didn't want to pay CA taxes.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Scherzer cost TEX their #3 prospect, Verlander cost HOU their #1 prospect, Montgomery cost TEX their #13 & #15 but they also got Stratton. Also, Giolito cost LAA their #3 & #5 prospects. I believe Hazen when he said market was tough because teams wanted a premium even for rentals. I wonder what LAD had on table for E-Rod.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
$7.5M for a scrub who started the recent slide with that pathetic 9th inning against the Mets? I disliked this guy the 1st time he was blowing games for the Dbacks

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Sad but true. This team caught lightning in a bottle, but ran out of gas, and the additions are too little too late.

I don't blame Hazen for not giving up the farm for a starter, but for not getting something done earlier. Hell it was obvious going into the season that we didn't have enough in the bullpen or starting rotation.

Another year without the playoffs, another year of mediocrity and excuses.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Sad but true. This team caught lightning in a bottle, but ran out of gas, and the additions are too little too late.

I don't blame Hazen for not giving up the farm for a starter, but for not getting something done earlier. Hell it was obvious going into the season that we didn't have enough in the bullpen or starting rotation.

Another year without the playoffs, another year of mediocrity and excuses.
To be fair we started running out of gas before the market really opened up and we saw trades finally moving. Everyone was pretty tight on trades before this last week or so. Just bad timing on our part. Hoping we can get back in it for a WC spot. The bats have been cold, too. It's not all been pitching. Last night three homers, but no one on base! We gotta get those base pads loaded like we did in the first half!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson