Dbacks sign Elvis Andrus

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
This year's Tommy Pham for the infield. May end up playing more than planned toward the end of the season.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
What about our top prospect?
I think Lawlars bat is going to be an issue, unfortunately. I've had that take on him since last year. If he can show he belongs at the plate, then maybe he holds the staring SS position all year....I'm just not confident in that happening.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think Lawlars bat is going to be an issue, unfortunately. I've had that take on him since last year. If he can show he belongs at the plate, then maybe he holds the staring SS position all year....I'm just not confident in that happening.
I keep hearing he may need one more year in AAA.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
They want him to play full time, which he won't this year.

Trade deadline may change that but it's Perdomo's job to lose
Seems like there would be some options to get him consistent time at the major league level, between infield spots and DH'ing. I guess they think he'll progress better in the minors.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andrus is not really very good any more right?

I would consider him a league average back up utility inf player. Newman has been awful so far in spring so that is really who's job he is taking. He is fourth on the team in ABs and is slashing a .176 obp and a .364 ops.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like there would be some options to get him consistent time at the major league level, between infield spots and DH'ing. I guess they think he'll progress better in the minors.

DH is jammed right now with Pederson and Grichuk.

Here are the paths to consistent playing time this season.

Marte or Perdomo Injury
Perdomo reverts to 2 years ago. Right now he is also having a rough spring. 1 for 15
Lawlar blows up in Spring and triple A and you trade Perdomo

I think the 3rd option is the most likely so that puts Lawlar up around the All Star break.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson